?

No account? Create an account
After Mister Giles had called me to inform me that he had located my… - Want, take, have: A Buffy season three AU game — LiveJournal [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Want, take, have: A Buffy season three AU game

[ website | WTH OOC ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

[Nov. 26th, 2004|08:48 am]
Want, take, have: A Buffy season three AU game

want_take_have_

[_wes_pryce_]
After Mister Giles had called me to inform me that he had located my Slayer, Miss Hanley, I was quite relieved. Oddly enough I had started to worry about her, since it took her so very long to show up. Letting out breath I didn't even know I was holding in, I placed the telephone back on the receiver and go ready to make my way over to this highshool.

It was quite difficult to find anything there. Just as it had been bloody difficult to find the library when I first arrived at this blasted school. Yelling youngsters everywhere, not to mention rude youngsters. Americans really ought to taken an example from English schools. Nice, orderly and the children were polite. Unlike these rude children. I had to ask several of them the way to this cafeteria. Of course by the time I arrived there, everyone was already gone.

I've no idea where Mister Giles went, or the Slayers. All I know was this dismissal behavior was just typical. It certainly gave me an idea about why Mister Giles was put on probation by the council. Pushing up my glasses, I sighed and made my way back to my hotel room. Having no idea of where Mister Giles lived and not having found him in the library I need to figure out what to do now.

Phone-books are very useful.

After finally figuring out his address, I waited until I was almost certain he would be at home. And that I wouldn't be disturbing him while he had dinner. Oddly enough I hardly had funds to get myself some dinner. Just lunch would have to suffice for now. Slightly nervous, though I had no idea why, I walked over to the door of his house. I smoothed out my suit, my hair, made certain my glasses were clean and knocked on his door.

(Open for Giles of course)
LinkReply

Comments:
2004-11-26 07:42 am (UTC)
I jerked awake at the sound of someone knocking at my door. I must have dozed off, worn out by the day's events. I struggled off of the couch, setting the tome I'd been reading onto the coffee table. Then I shambled to the door, trying to suppress another yawn.

I peered through the peephole and spied Wesley standing at attention on my doorstep. Well, so he finally showed, I wondered what had kept him.

I opened the door and gestured for him to enter.

"You took your sweet time didn't you? Did you get lost again?"
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: _wes_pryce_
2004-11-26 07:50 am (UTC)
The door opened and I took a step back involuntarily. The look on Mister Giles' face was rather stern and disapproving. Had I managed to disturb him after all? He looked rather worn...tired. Dare I say exhausted?

I was about to say something when he opened his mouth. What the bloody hell? My fingers push my glasses up my nose in an automatic gesture as I try think of something to say back without yelling at him. Pompous arse. Licking my lips nervously, I following him inside looking at said arse.

Quickly I revert my gaze and clear my throat. "I beg your pardon? You were to meet me in the schools cafeteria, Mister Giles. You were not present when I arrived, nor did you leave any messages where I could find you elsewhere. I was lucky enough to find the address of you apartment." How dare he use such a tone with me? Just who is on probation here?
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
2004-11-26 08:31 am (UTC)
"I beg your pardon? You were to meet me in the schools cafeteria, Mister Giles. You were not present when I arrived, nor did you leave any messages where I could find you elsewhere. I was lucky enough to find the address of you apartment."

The school's cafeteria?

"What? Oh no, I was expecting you at the library. Did you not see the note I left you in plain view on the counter? It had my address and everything. The girl's had grown impatient with waiting for you and decided to go out to patrol. I was beginning to wonder why you hadn't turned up on my doorstep. Well, I suppose it can't be helped now."

I sighed and moved into the kitchen.

"Would you like something to drink? Or eat? I haven't had supper yet."

2004-11-26 08:48 am (UTC)
"You what?" I looked at him confused. "It most certainly was not in plain view on the counter. Otherwise I'd have found it wouldn't I?" Pulling off my glasses I polish them while I think back. I don't recall any notes on any counters. "Perhaps someone misplaced it," I say relenting a bit.

He had wondered why I hadn't turned up? Perhaps even worried? That's new, I'm not used to that at all. Putting my glasses up again, I blink at him. "I'm sorry to have caused such bother. I didn't know about any note." Sighing, I glance around the apartment. My stomach begins to growl and I quickly put my hand over it. "Errr....t-tea would-would be nice. thank you."
2004-12-01 11:27 am (UTC)
"It most certainly was not in plain view on the counter. Otherwise I'd have found it wouldn't I? Perhaps someone misplaced it."

"Perhaps so." I agreed with a sigh, not wanting to continue back and forth on the matter. I /had/ left him a note, I wasn't entirely thoughtless, or incompetent, contrary to what some people in the council might think.

"I'm sorry to have caused such bother. I didn't know about any note. Errr....t-tea would-would be nice. thank you."

Well, that was nice of him to be gracious about it. Took me aback a little. I'd been expecting more indignation. Perhaps I'd misjudged him a little.

I nodded and walked into the kitchen to make us some tea, and perhaps some crackers, I still had some stilton left in the side board.

"Did you finally catch up with Faith at all? Interesting girl. I suspect you will have your skills of guardianship well tested with her."

I set the kettle on to boil and began to lay out a platter of water crackers with the stilton, and some pickled onions.

2004-12-01 12:13 pm (UTC)
Following him into the kitchen, I lean against the door frame watching him putter around the kitchen. I blink when I see what he's all getting out. The best cheese, stilton. And pickled onions. Watching the water boil, I listen to him talk when it filters through what he's saying.

"Faith?" Noticing my rather improper leaning stance against the door frame I straighten up and push my glasses back on my on my nose. "I-I mean Miss Hanley? No I've not met her yet. Everyone was already gone by the time I'd arrived." And the note mysteriously disappeared. How very annoying this all was. Miscommunication should really not happen to often.

My skills will be tested? That's just wonderful. I'm beginning to wonder about this job. Still, the council had chosen me for this job and I would make them proud. Not going bring shame on them. Or my father. "She will? Well, I suppose I'll have to take your word for it." Maybe she's not all that bad.
2005-01-01 11:05 am (UTC)
"Faith? I-I mean Miss Hanley? No I've not met her yet. Everyone was already gone by the time I'd arrived."

I smile at Wesley as I set the repast on the tray and arrange the tea set accordingly.

"You know, it's quite alright to call Miss Hanley by her given name, Faith. In fact, here in america it is entirely expected of you. Formality is actually frowned upon and seen as 'stuffy'."

I contemplated whether to get the best china out and then thought, what the hell, it wasn't often that I entertained the kind of person who would appreciate that sort of thing. I placed the delicate bone china teacups and saucers on the tray.

"She will? Well, I suppose I'll have to take your word for it."

"Dealing with Faith will be a challenge, mark my words. These american girls are a tad more willful than we would be used to. And yet, I have to say, that by in large Buffy has managed enormously well considering the circumtstances."
2005-01-01 05:29 pm (UTC)
Frowning I run that through my head. Call her Faith? I think not, I've not met her yet. Besides, it's not polite. She may be a child, but she still needs to be treated with the respect she deserves. I'm not going to call her Faith. America is such a barbaric country. Perhaps father was correct about that part.

"So I've heard, yes," I nod at him. I watch as he gets out a fine tea set, humming with approval. No doubt those American girls will be quite a handful. What with the way they are cut loose in this country, that shouldn't come as a real surprise. I'm not at all certain if that is a good thing.

Helping Mister Giles carry the tray and the rest of the tea over to the living room I set it down carefully. "That's a very old china tea set," I say impressed. "Family heir loome?" Very nice indeed. Almost makes me wistfully for the one I inherited from my grandmother. Maybe when Mister Giles ever comes over for tea I can use it.

Though, serving tea in a hotel room? That would be rather...strange.