?

No account? Create an account
“You want to know what is bothering me?” I asked the rather puzzled… - Want, take, have: A Buffy season three AU game — LiveJournal [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Want, take, have: A Buffy season three AU game

[ website | WTH OOC ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

[Oct. 19th, 2004|06:04 pm]
Want, take, have: A Buffy season three AU game
want_take_have_
[buffyshaped]
“You want to know what is bothering me?” I asked the rather puzzled looking vamp in the bad tweed suit. I had been beating him up not for about twenty minutes and was currently I punching him repeatedly in the chest. “Come on, why don’t you just ask me. Come on Giles, just ask me what is bothering me.”

“Who are you talking too?” The vamp said right before I punched him in the face causing him to fall to the ground. Sure he looked nothing like Giles, sounded nothing like Giles, but it was close enough. I had to get this off my chest and to be honest I could not bring myself to say this to the real Giles so this vamp would have to be my Giles substitute.

“Perhaps it was because I had to kill /my/ boyfriend. You know the guy, tall, broody, killed your girlfriend. Yeah Giles I killed him right before he got his…” It was right there that the vamp made a dive for me. I did not want to stake him, I wanted to complete that sentence so bad, but I had no choice. It happened fast, the stake hit him clean in the heart and he irrupted in a plume of smoke. Damn it, what were the odds I would find another vamp in tweed tonight?

I sighed and looked at my watch and though part of me knew I was far from done with patrol I felt the sudden urge to stop by the Bronze. Maybe the gang would be there. Granted I was going to see them tomorrow at school but I felt a sudden desire to see them now. I did not know why, maybe a familiar face would have been nice even though I still was not sure what I would say to them when I saw them.

I slowly made my way to the bronze, I figured that the bronze should be on my patrol route anyway after all it seemed to be a rather popular spot for the living and dead alike, I mean there really is not much to do in Sunnydale.

When I stepped inside I half expected everyone to turn and stare at me, which of course did not happen so I just slinked in hoping to see Willow or Xander. I did not see anyone though so I made my way to the second floor and figured I would make Giles proud and try and ‘sense’ the vampires from that vantage point, use my slayer skills to find evil.

I had spent a few minutes just staring into the crowd bellow me when I sensed someone move next to me. At first I thought it was Xander but when I turned to look it was someone else, someone only vaguely familiar.

“Hi.. can I help you?” I asked feeling oddly tense.

(open to Holden and later Faith and Cordy)
LinkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: apparentlydead
2004-10-20 03:52 am (UTC)
For a second there, I couldn't even speak. "Uh...well, I was just hoping..." I paused. /Could/ she help me? "I just wanted to rest a bit. I was hoping to see someone I knew."

Right, that was probably the lamest thing I'd ever said. Buffy Summers acknowledges my existence, and all I do is blather on about nothing. Lacking confidence much, Webs?

I straightened up, trying to make my thin frame seem less lanky, "What about you? What're you up to?"
(Reply) (Thread)
2004-10-21 12:15 am (UTC)
“Looking for someone too.” I said a bit distracted by suddenly spotting Cordelia and some other girl confront each other. Something about the strange girl seemed and I dunno.. familiar? At first I thought she might be a vampire but no, not a vampire. I turn to the boy about to tell him bye when I suddenly recognized him.

“Hey weren’t you in my English class last year. I need to take a makeup test for that class because I.. well.. did no exactly attend class. Anyway I remember you were really good at the class, I mean you always answered the teachers questions about character motives.” I felt a little weird now, just see a random guy I barely knew, but I was desperate. “I was wondering if maybe you can help me study for the test.”
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
2004-10-21 12:52 am (UTC)
Weren't these things supposed to be easier if it was your second time through a course?

I leaned against the railing, regarding her. In most situations I would have refused. Buffy had never acknowledged my existance, and now she needed me to be her study-buddy? Right...

Still, I wasn't about to say no to /her/. She seemed nice enough. "Uh...sure. What's it on?"

Not to mention she could probably drop me with less effort than half the jocks in the school.

Hopefully the course hadn't changed much since last year.
2004-10-21 01:32 am (UTC)
"Oh it is just the final from last year, well a little different. I just need to take it as a condition of being re-admitted into the school. I actually have to take one for every class I had last year. I think Snyder considered holding me back a year and than realized that would mean having me a whole extra year and decided against it. You know Snyder, I think he would be happier if he could expel all the students." I said feeling a little relieved that I would have some help with these lousy tests.

“Hey thanks though, maybe we can meet up after school tomorrow. I think I have a week to get all my tests done so maybe we can have a cram session.”
2004-10-21 03:42 am (UTC)
"I think Snyder is happiest when we're all miserable. Getting us expelled kind of defeated the purpose, now doesn't it?" I sighed, "He really is incredibly unpleasant, isn't he? Sometimes I wonder how people get that messed up..."

I grinned at her, "Yeah, I'm free tomorrow. D'you want to meet on the steps after school?"

Wait, how many of her subjects is she asking for help in? "Um. Tests? What exactly do you need help with?"
2004-10-21 04:36 am (UTC)
"Well English, math, biology, and I think gym, now I am sure that test is just Snyder’s way to get ultimate revenge." I sighed and shook my head. I had a bad feeling whatever the math test was going to be it was going to be needlessly painful. "Oh well not much I can do." I look at my watch and realized I needed to go back on patrol. I had only meant to spend ten minutes searching for vamps and I had just spent nearly twice that much just making small talk.

"I will see you tomorrow." I said giving .. umm. Holden the most sincere smile I could muster. I than left and raced down the stairs and onto the dance floor and that I saw the dark haired woman again and once again I was strangely drawn to her. I stopped and watched her dance for a bit trying to decide what is was about her when suddenly someone ran into me. I was about to take that as my cue to leave but when I looked up and saw his outdated wardrobe I realized I found what I was looking for.

“Hey… watch where you are going.” I said in my most flirty manner. “How about you apologize to me properly outside.” I said and than lead the eager vamp out of the bronze.
[User Picture]From: wickedslayer
2004-10-23 06:14 am (UTC)
The scene was seriously played out. Dancing for a while was cool, and at one point I could feel eyes burning into me, swear! Turning around I was right, some little blonde was staring right at me, after I got done telling the cheerleader to flake off. Something about her that made me lock gazes with her for a minute, then it started to creep me out so I turned my attention back to the dude who was tryin' to cop a feel.

Couldn't stop lookin' at that blonde though, and I pulled away from the guy I was rubbin' up against when I saw her start to talk to someone. So clearly a vamp, seriously you'd think they made these hellmouth girls a little brighter.

No time like the present for a throwdown.

Walking away, I made my way through the throng of dancers and out the door into the alleyway, only to see the vamp corner the little blonde chick.

"Hey, can you guys tell me where the nearest 7-11 is?" I asked as I smirked and pulled the stake out of my jacket pocket.
2004-10-23 07:03 am (UTC)
"So are you from around here?" The vamp said as he lead me the ally. How lame, not only did I have to deal with a rather smelly vampire with a bad outfit but I had to deal with such a lame pick up line as well? No thanks; he was clearly an idiot so I bet it would not take much to stake him.

"Hey, can you guys tell me where the nearest 7-11 is?"

The Vamp turns around so fast when the girl spoke, damn, oh well I guess this had been going too easy.

“Get away!” I screamed and jumped on the vamp knocking him to the ground. “I said go away!” I yelled and than caught a glimpse of the brunette and realized she was clutching a stake. This distracted me just long enough for the vamp to toss me aside causing me to smack into the wall of the alley.
2004-10-23 07:15 am (UTC)
"Holy shit, you're Buffy!" I exclaimed just as the vamp threw her into a wall. Guess she hadn't heard all about the secondrate slayer being in town. Funny how all I'd ever heard from the council was about the infamous B.

The vamp got up and started launching himself at me. Stupid vamps. Sticking out one foot, I tripped him and watched as he fell flat on his face. Grabbing him by the jacket I ripped him back up to his feet and decked him one hard in the jaw to make up for throwing Buffy into the wall.

Grabbing him by the throat, I pulled him closer as I stabbed the pointy end of my stake through his heart.
2004-10-23 07:35 am (UTC)
"Holy shit, you're Buffy!"

I pick myself off the ground and watch the woman beat on the Vamp for a bit before finally staking him.

“So either you are my biggest fan and a vampire slayer wannabe.. or you’re the vampire slayer that was called when Kendra died.” I said dusting myself off and giving the woman a look.

“I thought there was something about you.” I said more to myself than to her. Ok I could deal with this, hey I got used to Kendra and this was not the first time I had to deal with not being the ‘chosen one’, so why was this bothering me?

“So um.. what is your name?”

2004-10-23 08:01 am (UTC)
"Biggest fan?" I couldn't help but snicker at that. If I was her biggest fan would I be able to dust that vamp the way I did? Hey, let's not forget that one slayer here dusted the vamp while the other one got thrown into a wall.

"I don't know any Kendra, but yeah I'm the new slayer." Never did hear all that much about other slayers, just B. Like she was all special or something. That was good though, she'd been doin' it longer and I needed some help serious.

"Name's Faith."
2004-10-23 10:26 am (UTC)
"Oh, hey Faith." I said walking closer to her and offering her a hand.

"So what brings you to wonderful Sunnydale? Well besides the exciting night life." I did not want to be sounding territorial but Hellmouth or no there had to be another place on this vast planet of ours that could use a slayer, someplace not Sunnydale.
2004-10-23 10:36 am (UTC)
I eyed her hand for a moment wiht a raised brow before shaking it. I was supposed to shake it right? Fuck, I never was good with manners. Kat was always giving me shit about that.

Kat. I really should just tell B here what the score is. Not sure I was ready to come clean about what I was up against. I mean, I would, of course, that's why I was here, right?

"Welp, the watcher's away on some kinda retreat and I thought I'd swing into town and meet the famous Buffy. Figured we could kick back and have some fun." I smirked at her. Damn, she was cute.
2004-10-23 06:51 pm (UTC)
"Oh, Well that is fun. I mean we could always use another slayer here in Sunnydale, I mean there are about two swinging vampires for every human and I need to stop listening to my Mom's music." I said with a small smile, if she does not think I am the biggest looser by now she would by the end of the day.

"So I am still technically on patrol, want to go hit the local cemetery?" I asked figuring that might be the best place to take someone on patrol, never a lack of vampires there. "I think there is a nest of vamps in one of the crypts, two slayers might be able to get a better handle on that than one."
2004-10-23 07:35 pm (UTC)
"Yeah I'm noticin' this town is seriously heavy on the vamp population." Not that I was complainin' cause the hellmouth? Blowin' Boston right out of the water. Can't imagine a slayer ever gettin' bored here.

"I'm your girl." I said with a wicked smirk as she suggested goin' to the cemetary. Not only could I use a quality throwdown but I was wicked curious about B. I wanted to see her fight, see if she really was as good as the council made her out to be or if it was all just hype.
2004-10-24 05:09 am (UTC)
"Good." I said and lead Faith to the local cemetery, it does not take long for us to get there and I used the 'keeping an ear open' for vampires as an excuse to avoid small talk.

"From what I can tell the nest is in that crypt." I said standing rather close to Faith and indicating to a nearby crypt. "I am not sure how many vamps are there so we might want to take it slow and be careful just in case."
2004-10-24 07:11 am (UTC)
"Slow and careful. Sure." I said absently, already kinda bored. B was bein' wicked quiet and I didn't get it. Hey, I just blew into town and I get that we have to do the slay thing but maybe we could like chill? Say hey, kick back. Know what I'm sayin?

"Let's party." I said smirking at B before heading towards the crypt. We looked at eachother and both kicked in the door at the same time. I looked in at a dozen or so groggy lookin' vamps. Aww looked like they weren't expecting company.

I whipped the stake out of my jacket pocket again before exchanging a glance with Buffy.
2004-10-24 07:25 am (UTC)
"Let's party."

Ok Faith may be many things but another Kendra she was not. My whole lets take things slow and scope things out plan went right out the window when we kicked the door down. Perhaps it was for the best, after all there only seemed to be about a half dozen vamps and they seemed real off there game.

I grabbed my stake and nodded and took out my stake and nodded at Faith. I don't know what the nod was for; I was just hoping that I seemed like I knew what I was doing.

I than turned my attention to the increasingly annoyed vamps. I made a run for one of them, a smelly vamp in an old plaid shirt. I punched him once and than staked him. There was not a lot a time for theatrics because right after him another vamp popped up and tried to hit me with what appeared to be a bong. I ducked and than staked him rather quickly.

"Hey Faith how are you doing." I asked as I ran toward another vamp.
2004-10-24 07:51 pm (UTC)
"Five by five." I said as I ducked a fist and quickly spun around landing a solid kick into the vamp's midsection, sending him sprawling into the walls of the crypt. Grabbing him again by the jacket I flung into two of his pals, sending all three of them to the floor.

I love that good low down tingly feeling when my skin starts to hum and feel all alive and I fucking love it. This is what bein' a slayer is all about.

Grabbing a shovel from nearby, I slammed it against the wall, breaking the metal part off and only leaving one long wooden pole.

"How about a shishkabob." I said, as I stabbed it through the vamp on top of the other two, it slid through his heart and into the vampire below, pinning him in place.
2004-10-25 01:52 am (UTC)
"Well you got the witty dialogue down." I said as I staked the third vamp. I walked over to Faith and stood with mild amusement as we both watched the vamp writhe. It was strangely entertaining a way that was a little sick and twisted.

"Well you are the guest, I say you should have honors in staking him." I said offering Faith Mr. Pointy. “I mean it would be only polite, wouldn’t you agree?”
2004-10-25 04:46 am (UTC)
I smiled at her as she handed me her stake. Hey, hangin' out with B could be wicked cool on second thought. I mean, she's gotta get it. Like really really get it, cause she's just like me.

"Thanks." I said as I took her stake from her. I turned my smirk down at the vampire who was still writing pinned to the floor with the end of the shovel. Man, the vamps in Sunnyd were the serious kick. This place was gonna rock hardcore I could already tell.

"Not your lucky night." I said, shaking my head at the vamp as I bent over and slammed the stake into his chest and watched him turn to dust.