カルラ (carla) (girls_are_weird) wrote in wakizashi_,
カルラ (carla)
girls_are_weird
wakizashi_

merlin: underappreciated arthur/morgana moments!

despite shipping woes, i'm really, really excited about series 3 of merlin. i've kind of been away from the fandom since the break started, but i wanted to do something to commemorate the upcoming new season, and i thought, since my OTP is so pretty and i love making graphics so much, obviously a picspam would be the way to go. of course, since i'm the queen of procrastination, i got it finished just the day series 3 premieres. lol. ^^;;;

okay, so maybe they're not exactly underappreciated. a lot of people saw these and acknowledge them, but usually picspams tend to focus on the "big" moments, so these don't get enough love. honestly, i adore the armor scene and "my lady/my champion" just as much as the next shipper, but i'm also a big fan of the little details, and these scenes made me squee. they may not be in any way romantic (although if you squint, maybe--), but i saw something in them that made the moment stick in my mind. these are the moments you may have missed, or you may have noticed them but let them be overshadowed by bigger, more obvious shippy moments (or, in the case of series 2, by the lack of more obvious shippy moments. *rolls eyes*). but seriously, for a true fangirl, even having the couple just standing in the same frame is good enough reason to rejoice. ;)

~ WARNING: VERY IMAGE HEAVY. ~

1x02: valiant - everybody likes the funny argument that results from this scene, but i'm particularly fond of the actual moment when she throws him the sword. why? there's something to be said about the implicit trust there. honestly, it was the worst possible moment for arthur to get distracted, and let's not even get on how he could possibly hear her among all the excited people in the crowd-- yet she calls him and he responds immediately; it's not even an exasperated "what do you WANT, morgana?," he just turns around and catches whatever she's just thrown at him, almost without any conscious thought. and i love the fact that morgana just took a knight's sword to save arthur. she reacted faster than a knight. how awesome is that? i hope we get more kickass morgana moments in series 3, even if she is evil. xD

1x03: the mark of nimueh - this whole scene is golden, of course, but what i really like about this scene is the very last bit: morgana comes in, tries to butter arthur up to get him to do something. this is nothing new; we see it all the time on TV. we also see that it usually doesn't work, because the person doing the buttering is usually very obvious and it makes the person being buttered suspicious. i can tell you, my own brother would've been "you want me to do this? yeah, do it yourself." arthur, however, knows she's doing this on purpose, and still decides to help her. immediately. and this is arthur: proud, can-be-jerkish, prince arthur. it's like she has him wrapped around her finger! =3

1x07: the gates of avalon - this is the most insignificant little detail, but when i heard it, i cheered. =P morgana walks in and tells merlin and gaius that arthur told her what really happened, that merlin had to knock him down to stop him from leaving with sophia. but... arthur told her? the guy who, one scene earlier, was threatening gaius and merlin with painful retaliation if they ever spoke a word of it to another living soul? arthur, voluntarily telling the one person who could get the most teasing and/or blackmail potential out of such a confession? but unless she gained the power to read minds behind the scenes, there's no other way she would know. that's saying something. i smell a missing scene there!

1x08: the beginning of the end - ASDFLKJHASDF;;; THE TENSION. IT KILLS MEEEEEE. o_______o if you were not hanging on to the edge of your seat when you first saw this scene, there is something wrong with you. katie absolutely blows it right out of the park, and then there's bradley-- oh, bradley. have you seen arthur's expression when he realized it was morgana whom he had just caught? dear god. talk about a powerful scene. gah.

1x09: excalibur - this was like a two-second shot, but i found it completely adorable. arthur gets named heir to the throne, and morgana looks so proud of him. so sweet! there isn't much more i can say about this scene without this paragraph devolving into pointless gushing. so just look at the pretty pics! ^^

1x10: the moment of truth - how hilarious was this scene? i love seeing morgana take action-- she's awesome with a sword, i do wish they'll give us some more of this in series 3. but then arthur's expression was absolutely priceless-- i love this back-and-forth bantering between them, and i love that we got a hint that they've had that dynamic since they were kids. i wish we could get some more info on when they were little kids, maybe even a flashback! but for the moment, i like to keep rewatching this small moment and try to imagine their earlier years. so cute! ♥

2x01: the curse of cornelius sigan - right, so this happens right after arthur had first... noticed gwen. which sucks. but i like this moment because it was explicitly stated a few scenes previous that they had a LOT of injured people, so much that even morgana felt she had to come down and back up the efforts. yet when arthur comes in, she immediately drops everything else and rushes to help him. sure, gwen was still there, but... come on, do they really need two people to bandage up one man? come on! (also, gwen, you probably should stop staring at uther when the love of your life is standing right beside you and on the brink of death. yeah).

2x03: the nightmare begins - just look at that last panel. do you see arthur's expression? the pure, unadulterated relief, mixed with surprise and concern? isn't it absolutely beautiful? ;____; this is everything we should see from arthur when morgana is in danger. instead, next episode gives us the infamous "where's guinevere?" and while this may not be enough to balance that, at least it gives me a bit of relief that arthur does care, and that some of what i loved about him is still there-- even if he does get somewhat sidetracked for a while there.

2x04: lancelot and guinevere - yes, yes, this is like the last episode you'd expect to find any arthur/morgana scenes in. but there was something intrinsically adorable about seeing him walk up that staircase to her, even if gwen was standing right behind him. and his expression, the teasing yet caring tone he uses when he talks to her right then, it's more than just "right, i did what you asked me to do"; it's almost like he's telling her "look, we're here and now things are back to normal, you don't have to be upset anymore." and i thought that was just so sweet. *sigh* oh, my bbs, they just reduce me to a big puddle of mush every time...

2x06: beauty and the beast - arthur's basically getting robbed of his title as heir of camelot, and gawd, morgana looks so sad about it. katie's expression is heartbreaking-- i always marvel that she can do the whole spectrum of emotions so well. just look at her! ah, morgana, i love how you care so much about arthur. (and if you can look at the full screencaps you can see this, but i found it rather funny that gwen didn't really seem as concerned for arthur. she did look at him, but her jaw was tense, like she was angry. i found that weird. hmm).

2x06: beauty and the beast - see, i did not like the beauty and the beast episodes at all. i found them pointless and unfunny, and i'm really not a fan of fart jokes and uninvited mentions of dung. however, this scene single-handedly made my month. xD i thought their matching confused/horrified expressions were hilarious, and the way she intervenes in his sentence was just priceless! okay, so there's nothing romantic or sentimental about it, but i just love it. it was enough to save the 2-parter for me, and it might be my favorite arthur/morgana scene ever, that's for sure. LOLOLOL. xDDDDD

2x10: sweet dreams - once again, it seems strange to find a moment like this in an episode that was supposed to be about arthur & gwen's "true love", but morgana made it no secret that she was annoyed. look at her: she's staring out the window at the people walking to the tourney, she's drinking something that could possibly be alcoholic (lol)-- it's almost like she's drowning her feelings in wine. she's sarcastic throughout the whole scene, and when gwen is upset she basically confirms she's bothered by it as well. she almost makes it sound like it's perfectly expected for her to be jealous when arthur is interested in some other floozy. because it is. because she has been. and this is a reminder of that. yay! \o/

2x12: the fires of idirsholas - the way he says her name when he finds her unconscious in morgause's arms just kills me. he sounds so scared for her. and then when morgause performs the spell and they disappear, the way he looks around the room is so heartwrenching, him realizing that she was there and now she's gone, it's just such a fantastic scene. this episode had golden acting, that's for sure-- and while i adore colin & katie's abilities, not many focus on bradley's, but i think he was absolutely on point with the panic and lack of control arthur must've been feeling right then. it was a great little moment.

BONUS! 1x04: the poisoned chalice - ok, so they weren't even in the same frame for most of this scene. heh. and it was really more about merlin, but i found it hilarious that when things go down arthur mostly stays there confused and worried, but everybody pulls out their swords-- and morgana goes for the table knife. LOL. that's my girl. xD

Tags: merlin, picspam
Subscribe

• the magic school bus: carla's real-life cast!

ok, so here's the deal: i've started writing a magic school bus fanfic (there's a small snippet of what i have written so far over at my journal,…

• THERE'S NO ACCOUNTING FOR CHEMISTRY

budget, logistics and actual non-romantic plotlines aside, the structure behind your basic movie or TV-show het pairing is pretty simple.…

• arthur/morgana & david/selena!

as it's always the case with me, a shiny new fandom means shiny new graphics for you all! mostly manips-- arthur & morgana just aren't in the same…

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 31 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →

• the magic school bus: carla's real-life cast!

ok, so here's the deal: i've started writing a magic school bus fanfic (there's a small snippet of what i have written so far over at my journal,…

• THERE'S NO ACCOUNTING FOR CHEMISTRY

budget, logistics and actual non-romantic plotlines aside, the structure behind your basic movie or TV-show het pairing is pretty simple.…

• arthur/morgana & david/selena!

as it's always the case with me, a shiny new fandom means shiny new graphics for you all! mostly manips-- arthur & morgana just aren't in the same…