1. Name: Allison
2. Age: 24
3. Gender: female
4. Location: Illinois, USA
5. Hobbies: reading, writing, Internet, bowling, making blends/icons/wallpapers, watching TV/movies, listening to music
[ Elaborate on the following (At least 2 sentences, be original) ]
6. School: It’s something everybody should have a right to experience. The only problem is that there isn’t equal education standards throughout the US. Everyone has a right to get the same quality of education, but it’s not happening.
7. Religion: I grew up Catholic, but I’m agnostic. I don’t believe there’s one set of rules that we have to follow or a set plan. It would be contradictory if humans had free will, but “God” had a plan, now wouldn’t it?
8. Government: I wasn’t huge on politics or government until recently, and I’m sure we all know why that is. I lean to the liberal side, and I was one of many hoping that there would be a change in the presidential office. While I understand that no man can do his job without his religion coming into play, I believe the president is going beyond that and pushing his religion on the people by focusing on issues that should not be of national focus and neglecting issues that should be.
9. Beauty: Is overrated. I try not to be superficial, but everybody is at least a little. You just can’t judge by the outside. The truly ugly people are ugly on the inside. You could look like a model and be the ugliest person in the world.
10. Love: Is a many splendored thing? lol I think love is an important thing in everybody’s life, and it doesn’t have to be romantic love. Just the love of family and friends can get a person through the most horrible times of his or her life.
11. Sports: Not a big thing for me. I think that professional sports players are overpaid, which is why it makes me ill that the NHL is on strike. Pro hockey is the only pro sport I watch, and I would give my right arm to earn half what one of those players makes. Now they’re on strike. And the kicker is that the NHL is one of the lowest paid pro sports out of the major sports watched in the US (after baseball, football and basketball).
12. Media: It’s biased and can’t be trusted. I don’t watch the news and I read the paper sparingly just to find out what’s going on locally. It’s all about ratings for television news. Sensationalism has filtered from The Enquirer into once-legitimate news sources.
[ Education ]
13. What grade are you in? I have a B.A. degree in English and I’m currently back in college studying to become a paralegal.
14. Grade Point Average? 3.75
15. Do you believe that GPA/school grades reflect a person's true intelligence? Not necessarily. Look at Einstein. I know amazingly intelligent people who flunked out of high school for reasons not related to intelligence.
16. Greatest educational achievement? I would say completing my bachelor’s degree was my greatest achievement to date.
17. Describe the best teacher you've ever had, and why you believe they were: I would have to say Mrs. Dibble, one of the law professors at the college I’m attending. The law isn’t necessarily the most interesting topic to listen to lectures about, but she always makes her classes interesting. She doesn’t talk down to the students, and she makes the class fun while still teaching us what we need to know.
[ Scenarios ]
18. There is a massive heat wave predicted by scientists within the next year, and you're on the council to find a way to prevent it. How will you do this?
How do you prevent weather? You can’t prevent weather. You can prepare for weather, but you can’t prevent it. I guess I’m just not scientific enough. :op
19. You're stuck in a room with a kerosene lamp, a gas stove, and a fireplace…you only have one match. Which will you light first?
I would light the match, silly.
20. Your house is on fire, and the only exit is blocked. What do you do?
Well, if I live in a house with only one door and no windows, I would burn to death for my stupidity. Of course, the question doesn’t say if I’m inside the house or not. So I could very well be outside the house watching it go up in flames and wondering how much my homeowner’s insurance will pay out for my stuff.
[ Favorites ]
21. Books: I vary on this at times. The one book I will never forget from my contemporary lit course is Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov. The novel was written in the style of a literary critique. I just felt the style was really ingenious and the story was extremely interesting.
22. Subjects (in school): English, obviously. I was a theater minor, and I loved all my theater classes. Especially the behind-the-scenes technical courses, like set building and lighting design.
23. Movies: There are a lot of movies I love. My favorite of all time would have to be Clue (with Tim Curry, Christopher Lloyd and more). It’s one of those movies that I’ve watched so many times I could recite all the lines by heart.
24. Invention in the history of mankind: The written word. I’m a storyteller. So being able to write down those stories is very important.
25. Day of your life: The day I was born, perhaps. If I hadn’t been born, I wouldn’t have a life, right?
[ Other ]
26. Please promote our community in one place where it is legal to & provide a link: agent_alpo in my LJ
27. Provide one clear picture of yourself (optional) (you will not be rated upon appearance):