neon_gypsy
the_elite_

hello :)

[ Basic ]

1. Name: Kendall Chanel Okey
2. Age:19
3. Gender: Female
4. Location: Wellington, New Zealand
5. Hobbies: Reading, Painting, various types of music, Long intelectual conversations, and other random conversations with friends.

[ Elaborate on the following (At least 2 sentences, be original) ]

6. School:
I am second year university at Victoria, in Wellington. I am doing a double major in a
Bachelor of Arts. I know I will definately be doing English Literature, and am trying to decide between continuing with Media Studies and/or Reglious Studies. Both, unfortunately, or fortunately, i find really interesting.

7. Religion: As of yet, undecided, I have to say. I was brought up Christian, but have an amazing interestin various other religions. finding out what people believe and how they portray that devotion is really interesting. I especially love asian religions, the colour and the vibrancy is something western cultures are not particularly akin to.

8. Government: Well, because I am from New Zealand, we have a different for of government.I would definately say I am left wing, but how far left wing I am is problimatic. Free choice is definately a big issue for me, I have written countless essays on why abortion should or should not be legal and the religious contributions to political ideas. Which definately messes up a view of many political issues.

9. Beauty: I think beauty is hard to describe, so many people have beauty and see beauty in many different ways. Beauty to me is something that should come from within, and it never needs to be sourced from the outside
to make you feel better on the in. In saying the same thing, I am trying to work on my outter apperance. Not to try and make myself prettier, well in a way it is, but because my body is still a major issue for me.
It took me a long time to feel good about myself, and I want to be good to my body and my mind.

Lol if I dont make sense or start to ramble please feel free to ignore me.

10. Love: it exists, but it doesnt last. nothing lasts forever. you either out live it, or die with it. eternity is something we will never know. It is also wonderful and consuming. It can also leave scars that even after many years of trying, will never be erased.

11. Sports:i am an active spectator. i love the atmosphere and i love to swim and play netball and tennis but in terms of athletic ability, i do swear i have none!

12. Media: It has both good and bad points. In terms of good. it is a great way to commuincate, and learn and even express. But it also is only widely availible to the wester cultured societies, and promotes western thinking more readily than any other. there are very many different forms of knowledge

[ Education ]

13. What grade are you in?
second year university (i would have no clue in terms of junior or sophmore, sorry :(? )

14. Grade Point Average? again i have no clue in U.S.A grading system but i do get mainly A's and a few B's

15. Do you believe that GPA/school grades reflect a person's true intelligence? It shows one side of a persons intellegence. various people are much more talented in various other things, that require different forms of knowledge.
not everyone, for example, knows the right angle and force needed to shoot a pool ball in to the pocket in the time leagally required in a game for taking a shot. And some people cam manage Calc (to tell the honest truth im
not sure at the moment if i can even spell it (sorry it is quite late here))

16. Greatest educational achievement? I hate to say it, but surviving highschool. I struggled. I had a LOT of shit going on back then and my grades suffered. I worked hard to get ready for and during my first year at Uni. But when the shit goes its easier.

17. Describe the best teacher you've ever had, and why you believe they were: for school:Mr Neil: my senior year at highschool media studies
teacher. he had this ability to make you think, with out making you think he was being patronising. He always found the good in a situation and could always make us see the funny side of life.
for life: my mother, she taught me how to read and she kept with me when i was not in the best of places. she has helped and taught me so much i could never repay her for it. i can only hope to emulate her, when i become a mother myself.

[ Scenarios ]

18. There is a massive heat wave predicted by scientists within the next year, and you're on the council to find a way to prevent it. How will you do this?

Explore all possible options: what ways can we or could we prevent this, and if not this one, what about after this one. Find possible solutions, and always prepare for the worst. make sure people have adaquate warning, set up a campaign to get people having emergency kits. make sure adaquate information is given to the public, but dont use scare tactics which could cause panic. LOOK at all the options. hear everyone out. prepare for many varied scenarios not just the way they have predicted it to be.

19. You're stuck in a room with a kerosene lamp, a gas stove, and a fireplace…you only have one match. Which will you light first? the match then, if i am quick and very careful, everything else.

20. Your house is on fire, and the only exit is blocked. What do you do? there are always more exits in a house. call the fire dept. use and extinguisher or other non flamable liquids to try put it out, if seriously on fire i would look for somthing to break a window or open the exit with. if nothing can be found or on a very high floor with no fire escape, look for something to break open the exit, wet a towel/blanket and run through the fire as safely as poosible to open the exit and escape.

[ Favorites ]

Books: wow theres one i wished i never had to answer, there are so many, I love the Troy game books by Sara Douglas, the Narnia Chronicals by C.J.Lewis and
White Oliander by Janet Fitch, just to name a few.

22. Subjects (in school): English, Art, Drama, Media Studies, and now at uni Religious Studies (not as in learning to become a priest but in the workings of religions devotion traits, and the way they are involved in modern society)
23. Movies:ok this will make me look like a girly girl, Clueless: I am a big Alicia Silverstone fan, this was the first M movie i ever hired from a video store and i loved the wardrobe so i had to watch again and again. 10 things i hate about you, i loved the music in it and its girly romance styles. Shaun of the Dead, its a fabulous romance comedy zombie spoof flick that I am very glad they are making a sequel to!!

24. Invention in the history of mankind: O my goodness, i would love to say electricity, but it would have to be written language, technically it was invented, i love being able to write and being able to read. if thats not allowed then it would be electricity, otherwise i wouldnt have been able to stay up late, writing out this, or reading all night long when i get a really good book!!

25. Day of your life: I know i should put the birth of my sisters (theyre half sisters, and after being an only child for 16 years Simone was much wellcomed, and Tania last year was a bonus) but it would
honestly be the day, i knew that i wanted to be alive, that i wanted to experience and change, and that I didnt need to be what other people wanted me to be.
i suffered a very long battle with depression, that at times could be very extreme. im proud to say i fought the battle and won, as i know a number of people who didnt.

[ Other ]

26. Please promote our community in one place where it is legal to & provide a link:
27. Provide one clear picture of yourself (optional) (you will not be rated upon appearance):

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 10 comments