[ Basic ]
1. Name: Marisa
2. Age: 18
3. Gender: Female
4. Location: Windsor, California
5. Hobbies: Music, theatre, musical theatre, learning, photography, digital photography, reading, writing, video games, photoshop, painting, drawing, and graphic design.
[ Elaborate on the following (At least 2 sentences, be original) ]
6. School: I love it. One of my top goals is to be a professional student. I do not mean that I intend to be enrolled in any school as a full-time student for the rest of my adult life, only that I fully intend to be a student: in the classroom part-time and in life full-time. There’s always an opportunity to learn and that should never be turned down. (For more thoughts on school, please refer to questions 16 and 17)
7. Religion: In a word: fascinating. Though I am not religious myself, I find it an infinitely interesting area of study and of learning about people and human nature. The impact on it on the world undeniable: lives are defined by it, wars are fought in the name of it and I love to ask this question: why? There is and never will be a solid answer to this and I love that. There is always learning and growth to be gained by the study of it.
8. Government: A great idea. It has a lot of potential, though I think it has yet to be perfected. Power corrupts, and so I think it would be hard to achieve perfection.
9. Beauty: Is everywhere. I see it all around; this is why I love photography. It provides a chance for me to show something I see to be beautiful that someone might not notice and capture it, frame it and bring an understanding.
10. Love: Necessary. Life is not at its fullest until there is love felt at some point. Love for a person, a thought, a job, an animal… It is everything.
11. Sports: Great, though not really my thing.
12. Media: Good in that it is necessary to learn of the world, but it disgusts me how the majority of it is dominated by pop culture. It scares me to see people that seem to live their lives vicariously through the likes of Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, etc.
[ Education ]
13. What grade are you in? Freshman in college.
14. Grade Point Average? 3.5 last semester.
15. Do you believe that GPA/school grades reflect a person's true intelligence? No, not at all. Nor do I believe that it defines the worth of a person, as many I have encountered appear to believe. Intelligence isn’t always displayed and flaunted, making it a wonderful discovery should you uncover it somewhere it was not expected to be.
16. Greatest educational achievement? Surviving high school, haha. No, really, high school was terrible. Really the only teacher worth having is mentioned below. I hear that public schools are generally like this though…
17. Describe the best teacher you've ever had, and why you believe they were: My U.S. and World History teacher my Junior and Senior year in high school is one of those people that you can’t wait to see, because you know, just in having a casual conversation with him or her that there is something significant to be gained. She is subtle, letting you come to your own conclusion and believes that knowledge is not exclusive; just something to be earned. As Jimi Hendrix once said, “knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
[ Scenarios ]
18. There is a massive heat wave predicted by scientists within the next year, and you're on the council to find a way to prevent it. How will you do this? Large amounts of research, massive amounts of discussion with individuals knowledgeable in applicable areas and monstrous amounts of discussion, brainstorming and experimentation.
19. You're stuck in a room with a kerosene lamp, a gas stove, and a fireplace…you only have one match. Which will you light first? I would have to say I would light the kerosene lamp because if I’m stuck, it seems logical that there would be no light source, and therefore no window. While the others could also be a source of light, the lamp is the most mobile and of the three, the lamp and the stove are more likely to light because of the fuel source. The flame from the lamp could then be transferred to the other two.
20. Your house is on fire, and the only exit is blocked. What do you do? In this case: freak out. And fight. I would try my best to figure out the safest way out and try to do it in a way that would not overexert me, rendering me unconscious. But it’s more than likely that I’d be two upset to execute this in any effectual way.
[ Favorites ]
21. Books: The Lord of the Rings and other works of Tolkien, 1984, A Brave New World, Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, The World’s Religion, good fiction, and biographies.
22. Subjects (in school): Drama, English, Art, Philosophy
23. Movies: Moulin Rouge, Spinal Tap, Amelie, Phantom of the Opera, Almost Famous, The Cradle Will Rock, Dogma, Boondock Saints, Napolean Dynamite, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
24. Invention in the history of mankind: The computer (and subsequently, the internet), the camera
25. Day of your life: I honestly cannot pick just one day. There are so many that I find to be important. Any day that I find myself onstage, creating or just being happy is important.
[ Other ]
26. Please promote our community in one place where it is legal to & provide a link: I promoted here.
27. Provide one clear picture of yourself (optional) (you will not be rated upon appearance): In a performance of Little Shop of Horrors, I am the one on the left, doing the groping.
Once again, I am on the left. No groping this time :)
thanks for your time :)