[ Basic ]
1. Name: Hayley
2. Age: 14
3. Gender: Female
4. Location: Norwalk, CT
5. Hobbies: I enjoy writing, photography, reading, playing and listening to music, dancing (though I'm not very good), watching movies, playing volleyball, and learning random historical facts.
[ Elaborate on the following (At least 2 sentences, be original) ]
6. School: Well, I'm about halfway through my freshmen year of high school. I really do love learning new things, especially when it comes to history and grammar, but so far the only part of school that has really impressed me has been the music program. I almost live for it. Our school's band director is amazing. Our band has been regional champions 13 years in a row, and already this year I've learned more about music than I could ever have imagined. Honestly, I can say that this has changed my life more than any other experience. Although I don't particularily enjoy going to school every day, I can at least say that I have made some strong friendships and have learned a lot about life through the music program at least.
7. Religion: I am not a religious person. My cousins are all very religious however, and we tend to differ on opinions. As a young kid, I used to fervently believe in God and enjoyed going to Church. As I grew up, I personally began to have my own doubts. Although I still call myself a Christian, I don't attend church regularly. I am open to other people's opinions though, and don't judge anyone by their religious affiliation.
8. Government: I agree with the basic principles of the US government. However, I really disagree with the direction it is heading in now.
9. Beauty: Like everyone else, I can easily be swayed by good looks. But I also really believe that beauty comes from the "soul". My opinion on how attractive someone is can often change based on their personality, i.e someone I thought was handsome who turns out to be a jerk I will often think isn't very attractive, and vice versa.
10. Love: Love makes the world go 'round. I can't say it any better than that.
11. Sports: I love athletic activities of all sorts. I'm a huge sports fan, more so than almost any other girl I know. I like every type of sport, but I hate people who are in it for the money and the glamour. I love volleyball which I play now, and I love skating. I was a speedskater for awhile, and I appreciate all the hardwork that true athletes put into their crafts.
12. Media: The media... Although I agree with the idea of advertising, I think it is sick today. I watch commericials everyday that are sick and unnecessarily provacative. I really believe the media is sending America bad messages that affect our thoughts.
[ Education ]
What grade are you in? I'm in 9th grade, a freshmen.
Grade Point Average? Last quarter I had a 3.8. This quarter, as far as I know, I'm getting a 4.0.
Do you believe that GPA/school grades reflect a person's true intelligence? No. A lot of it is based on effort. I realize that last quarter I did not work as hard as I could have, and therefore had a lower GPA. Also, grades can be subjective. Teachers do tend to use favoritism, at least in my experience.
Greatest educational achievement? I was elected Scholar Leader last year. I've won several awards from writing, and I am currently "Latin Champion" in school.
Describe the best teacher you've ever had, and why you believe they were: My brother, even though he's younger than me, has been my teacher and my hero for around 5 years. Five years ago he was diagnosed with a genetic disease, which basically ripped apart my family life. Nick remained strong though, and has remained an awesome student and athlete. He's on so many different all-star teams, he's in accelerated classes, and he has more friends than anyone I know. He's taught me how to remain in control and to always appreciate what I have. He hasn't taught me on an academic level, but he's given me so many lessons on how to live my life, which I believe are more important.
[ Scenarios ]
There is a massive heat wave predicted by scientists within the next year, and you're on the council to find a way to prevent it. How will you do this? First I'll analyze the situation, and try to see what was causing the heat wave. Then I'd work with a mixed group of people (profession-wise) to get all of their opinions (which will not necessarily by biased) on what should be done to prevent this heat wave.
You're stuck in a room with a kerosene lamp, a gas stove, and a fireplace…you only have one match. Which will you light first? I'd light the fireplace, because I can use a twig or something from the wood to then light the kerosene lamp and gas stove.
Your house is on fire, and the only exit is blocked. What do you do? Honestly? I'd have a panic attack and probably be trapped, but if I could maintain control of my brain I would try to create another exit. Or maybe I'd use my Spidey-powers.
[ Favorites ]
Books: I, Elizabeth... The Lord of the Rings trilogy... The Harry Potter Series... A Wrinkle In Time, and any sorts of biographies, especially on the monarchs during the Tudor era.
Subjects (in school): History and band.
Movies: The Last of the Mohicans, LotR, Monty Python
Invention in the history of mankind: I believe the Internet has affected life more than any other invention.
Day of your life: One week ago, New Years Eve. Our band won every possible award at the Gator Bowl Bands competition and I got to spend the entire night with the guy I like.
[ Other ]
26. Please promote our community in one place where it is legal to & provide a link:
27. Provide one clear picture of yourself (optional) (you will not be rated upon appearance):