• Mood:

Am I Elite?

[ Basic ]

1. Name:
Melissa Nacy :]
2. Age: 15 years young
3. Gender: Female [GIRL POWER! :D]
4. Location: Roseville, MI
5. Hobbies: Cheerleading, Reading, Hanging out with friends, Talking, Shopping, Learning… I learn something new everyday. :]

[ Elaborate on the following (At least 2 sentences, be original) ]

6. School:
You know, I complain about school a lot, waaaay more then I should, but I really do love it. I think doing good in school is rather important because as much as we all know book smarts can’t get you very far out there in the “Real World,” they are what get you good grades [most of the time], and good grades very important for getting into college, and a good college can determine your career opportunities and income, and so on. It all starts here people. I am thankful my parents made me get good grades from the very beginning, so it’s not as difficult now.
7. Religion: I think for some people, religion is very important. It is there stability, their rock. Religion, for me, however, doesn’t work this way. I need fact for stability. It needs to make sense, be believable. I was raised a Catholic but always doubted what they preached, for the way the church is ran is rather upsetting. As I mature and share my confusion with my father, camping buddies, and so forth, I am growing more and more into my own opinions. And while I’m not really sure what they are at this point, that’s okay. Just leaves more room to learn and explore.
8. Government: Hmm.. I honestly don’t have strong opinions on government. I do however, fully support the American Government. Yes, it has its issues, but what man-made thing doesn’t? I really do love America, to an extreme extent. Everything we represent. But to stay on track, I think government is a good thing, at least when done right. I should look into this more.
9. Beauty: You could have the most beautiful woman ever but if her personality has issues, BOOM. She is incredibly ugly, disturbing. And that goes both ways. You could have an unattractive women, maybe someone with a bad gene pool, not enough money, whatever. But that women would probably be the so incredibly kind, giving, loving, and whatnot, that the world would see her as beautiful. Beauty can be only skin-deep at times, its true. Passing people in the mall, model on the runway, wow they’re beautiful. But when you’re really looking at something, it’s so much more. Like, a poem can be beautiful, but not because that’s the way it looks. I think that relates to how with humans, it’s the inside that counts.
10. Love: Love is such a complicated word. There are so many different ways to love someone. I have a lot of love in my life. I love my friends, I really do. They are my world. I’d give up anything for people like Ryan and Autumn. And then there are my parents. People who you love… and sometimes you don’t know why. Love is the only doubtful thing I really believe in, because I can experience it. I know how I feel about my friends, my sister, my parents. And I know I couldn’t change those feelings if I tried. I have not yet experienced being “in love” with someone, but I’m sure it will happen, in time. I guess we’ll see how I feel about that when the time comes. :]
11. Sports: Sports rule, simply put. :] Not only do they keep you fit and healthy, they are good for you emotionally. Personally, I adore little things like, “Impossible is Nothing” and “Just do it.” With sports, you push yourself to the extreme, build self-confidence, and establish bonds like no other. For example, on my cheerleading team, there is more drama then I could of ever imagined. But, at the end of the day, I love each and every one of them girls. And, they’re incredibly entertaining. Nothing else fills my Sunday with more joy then a full day of the NFL, especially if Brett Favre or Peyton Manning is playing.
12. Media: Insane. Absolutely insane. But, humans thrive on communication, gossip, growth… and that is all the Media does. Tells us what the people we consider “cool” are doing, and then decide if it’s bad, so we can trash talk them and feel better about ourselves, or if it’s good, so we can try to be like them to feel better about ourselves because we are like someone “cool.” And most of the people in the spotlight who supposedly hate it knew what they were getting into. And it’s not that hard to stay out of the spotlight. You just have to lay low… forever. :]

[ Education ]

13. What grade are you in? Currently a Sophomore at Roseville High. GO PANTHERS. :]
14. Grade Point Average? I’m actually not quite sure. First quarter was a 4.0 even I believe, but I think ninth grade’s GPA would raise my overall.
15. Do you believe that GPA/school grades reflect a person's true intelligence? No, I do not. You never know what someone’s life is like, why they aren’t doing good in school. And on top of that, I have talked to many people who don’t do so well in school, but are brilliant. GPA’s can be a great tool for some people, such as myself, but other people have other plans.
16. Greatest educational achievement? If we’re talking strictly educational here, probably just my freshman year grade’s in general. In the overall learning process though, I’d have to say learning life lessons and realizing school can teach you so much more then what a textbook says. Letting teachers touch my heart and teach me things like, “Sometimes there is no answer” is probably what I consider a great educational achievement of my own.
17. Describe the best teacher you've ever had, and why you believe they were: Honestly, I can’t pick just one. Three, though. Mrs. Schweiger: She is the one that made me realize what I was talking about above, made me open my heart in school. And she made math make sense, made me realize I don’t have to memorize all the formula’s, I just need logic. Then the following year, I had Mrs. Coulter, not just as a teacher, but as the advisor in a club I was President in. She was an amazing teacher, made even the most boring English stories seem interesting... even in first hour. She taught me to look at who I was, as a person, Melissa. She taught me the fine line between when to be professional, and when it is okay to cut a little loose. And finally, Mr. Philip. I now look at this man as a friend. You all know what he taught us, man was he amazing. I’m so glad we’ve kept in touch so far and hope to continue.

[ Scenarios ]

18. There is a massive heat wave predicted by scientists within the next year, and you're on the council to find a way to prevent it. How will you do this?
First of all, this would never really happen as I have always struggled in science. But at any rate, if I was a part of the council, I think I would focus on the part of telling the population what are the best things they can do to help.
19. You're stuck in a room with a kerosene lamp, a gas stove, and a fireplace…you only have one match. Which will you light first? The match. ;]
20. Your house is on fire, and the only exit is blocked. What do you do? Find another way out! Never give up. I’d find a cell phone, computer, something to communicate, “I need help!” to the outside world. I’d fight until the last possible second. While I believe everyone has a time to die, if it’s meant to happen then it will, no matter how hard you fight. When it comes down to it, this life is all we have, and we should fight for it, always.

[ Favorites ]

21. Books: Friday Night Lights, The Lovely Bones, Number the Stars, America, [Most of them I can’t remember the title’s, but I remember the message. :D]
22. Subjects (in school): Currently, American Literature, before Shiju left anyway. We’ll see now. I’ve always liked astronomy, can’t wait to take that senior year, as well as debate. Next semester I believe I have History. YES!
23. Movies: Titanic, School of Rock, Finding Nemo :], My Best Friend’s Wedding, Cinderella, Peter Pan
24. Invention in the history of mankind: Electricity, definitely. What would we be without it? No lightbulbs, computers, televisions, stoves… Whoa. Most of the things I use everyday.
25. Day of your life: WHOA! Are you kidding me?! You really enjoy this don’t you, making me think like this? Maybe the day I was born? And the last day of school before Holiday was pretty awesome to. But I won’t go into detail with those, I shall rebel. :D Every morning when I wake up, I think about what I’m going to do that day. What’s going to happen. How I should take advantage of this, because it could be my last one. And even if it’s not, in a mere twelve hours or so, it will be gone. I don’t want to waste them because before I know it this life will be ending. So every night, before I fall asleep, I ask myself, “What did you learn today? Are you the same person you were last night? Have you used this day as well as you possibly could? Have you made progress?” If I’m not satisfied with my answers, I don’t fret. That just means I better get to sleep because the next day is going to be quite interesting. Make everyday count.

[ Other ]

26. Please promote our community in one place where it is legal to & provide a link: www.livejournal.com/~____melissa
27. Provide one clear picture of yourself (optional) (you will not be rated upon appearance): I don’t believe I have any saved on this computer, sorry. All current members know what I look like though. :]

Happy [Early] New Year!
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 6 comments