Meeting outline-> Sept. 9, 2005
I. Katrina Donations
A. Donate money from Lunch (Change collections)
1. Proceeds go to the American Red Cross
2. We voted to help out at Lunch
3. Encourage people to donate, our reputation as a club is important and this helps it.
B. Give ideas and suggestions for Hurricane relief to John Duffee (email: Coidzy@gmail.com)
1. Work at Lexington Hurricane Shelters
a. Work for 2-3 hours as volunteer
i. Becky Hightower, Mrs. Kinner to make contacts (Already suggested- Crestwood Christian Curch on Bellafonte)
C. Possibly donate LitMag sales
2. A portion of this year's sales
3. All sales from old magazines from last year (Now $1.50 - that's half off!!!)
II. Alotted Space by Nochta for Master Schedule
A. Located in Yellow Hallway (exact space yet unknown to us)
A. Erin Green volunteered to draw
B. Avoid Anime/Manga/Anarchy, etc.
C. Following volunteered to design (Please meet in Kinner's room next week for a brief meeting)
1. Becky Hightower
2. Erin Green
3. Cara Dunham
4. Amy Hunt
D. If you choose, be sure to include "Tell It Slant" !!!NOT!!! "Henry Clay Literary Magazine" as we are not part of the school
A. Everyone is expected to buy one box of Rit brand Dye
B. Mrs. Kinner volunteered to supply the shirts
C. We will meet sometime in October
1. Preferably the long weekend in October (Oct. 13-16)
2. She'll feed us
3. She'll wash the shirts
A. December 2 is tentative date
B. Finally, NOT AT HENRY CLAY! (No Officer Tombs!!!! :D :D :D)
1. Suggestions for places is needed
VI. Submission Boxes
A. They've all dissapeared in the English rooms
B. We want one in every English room
C. We are making boxes on the 23 OF SEPTEMBER please bring (a) box(es)
1. Can be bought somewhere
2. Check small places, if they'll give you extra boxes they have from shipping/merchandise/etc.
D. Possibly giving extra credit for sumission (and/or selection)
A. Check out LiveJournal for announcements, obviously you've made it here.
B. Gallery Hop on September 16
1. Afterward, a Poetry Slam will be from 8-10 pm at (cafe place lost right now... it's on Maxwell street across from Rupp, I'll find it and post it)
a. Proceeds to go to Hurricane Relief
A. The Infamous Shit Story.
B. Cara Dunham- Romeo and Juliet Poem
C. Joke by Cara Dunham
Yea, I took notes. Hopefully I remember to do this every time too- could be useful. I forgot the name of the Cafe that will be hosting, but I'll find it and post that and directions hopefully tomorrow.
Thank you all so much for a successful meeting. We dropped a substantial number (Forgot the signin sheet, so those stats are rough), and that's not a good thing. It might have been my yelling... But I'll not do that. We also didn't have any food. That's boring, and we encourage people to bring food (you may store it in Mrs. Kinner's room in the morning in case you don't have a place for it).
Notes from above in case you didn't read:
- Bring food to meetings
- Poetry slam after Gallery Hop
- Bring dye
- Bring boxes to decorate next meeting.