February 27th, 2005

every girl needs a paul newman icon

Marilyn Monroe, Natalie Wood, Billie Holiday, Elizabeth Taylor etc.

Sooooo... I've been gone a while, working on a super duper new icon post to make you all incredibly happy. I've been putting off uploading these, just cos I wanted a huge post, but I just felt really stuck this evening and decided enough was enough, it was time to update. It's a huge post of classics & classic singers, 60 icons in total, with lots of wonderful people from Marilyn Monroe to Billie Holiday, Paul Newman to Natalie Wood. My style has developed so much over the last few weeks that this post is all over the place, but I don't think that matters much. People just want the icons, right? ;) Well, let's get on with it.

Rules: Comment, credit, don't hotlink or customise and enjoy! =D

Teasers:

When he went away, the blues walked in and met meCollapse )
</center>
PS I'll be doing the rest of the requests now. I just wanted to get this post over with before completing them =)
  • Current Music
    Billie Holiday - Stormy Weather
every girl needs a paul newman icon

Icon Tutorial 01 - White Light

atticusgirl asked me how I acheived the effect of having the edges of my icons glowy and soft, and I had found some pretty neat things I could do myself and wanted to keep them written down so that I could remember, so I thought that I'd write out a tutorial. You'll probably all be shocked at how simple my icon style is. It really is, I don't do much. I'm not that great you know =P

This tutorial requires a basic knowledge of the PS 7.0 tools, but it's pretty simple. Also, it works fairly well in Paint Shop Pro 8. I've tried it out =)

Tutorial 01 - White LightCollapse )

Please remember that this tutorial is just a guide. You can take ideas from it but please don't copy anything straight out. It's just not on, and I'll get very grumpy indeed.

Any questions, just ask!