?

No account? Create an account

Sacred stones - Shimer College — LiveJournal

About Sacred stones

Previous Entry Sacred stones Aug. 15th, 2006 @ 06:28 am Next Entry
Talked to the B & G guy, who said that there are no plans for Shimerhenge. Talked to my mother, who lives in Rogers Park; she is willing to take Shimerhenge for as long as it takes to find a proper home for it. Anyone object? Speak now or forever hold your peace. (From this weekend: "I can just imagine Wolf coming back and, I don't know, eating Shimerhenge so no-one else can have it.")
Leave a comment
[User Picture Icon]
Date:August 15th, 2006 01:54 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I thought the plan was to leave it as is because so many people were upset about it's being moved due to all the things that are buried underneath it. It's not like it hasn't been discussed at length...I believe that Jim Donovan is the point person for this.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:August 15th, 2006 11:55 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Did you take it?

cause its now gone except a large stone.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:August 16th, 2006 12:13 am (UTC)
(Link)
No, I didn't!
Date:August 16th, 2006 09:23 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I assure you, individuals in the community that have had a strong affinity and longstanding relationship with shimerhenge dealt with it in the most loving and respectful way they could possibly imagine.

Please do not be upset. We decided that if it were left in place, it would most likely be dealt with in a heartless and disrespectful manner. Although your suggestion to relocate it to your mother’s yard was very thoughtful, Shimerhenge did not belong, and could not be recreated anywhere else. Those involved with the removal have been sworn to secrecy.
Date:December 1st, 2006 11:20 pm (UTC)

Too Late

(Link)
too bad this wasn't seen sooner or more widely read. There were concrete plans for moving the henge and all of its underlying treasures as well as a waukegan tree to shade it. mark and another shimer spirit-caretaker whose name I forget were the project manager and arranged it. word is they were pretty devastaed when it disappeared. I think he's going to try to rebuild it after attempts to locate who stole it failed. Didn't see this post until now.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:December 2nd, 2006 05:25 pm (UTC)

Re: Too Late

(Link)
If there is anything I can offer, count me in. I'm pretty good with a spade, I am braced on the theory of how to use a sextant and have access to one, and on a more mundane level, I'm slowly but surely learning a great deal about fund-raising and rubbing shoulders with the cream of the local eleemosynary community.
Date:December 15th, 2006 04:33 am (UTC)

Re: Too Late

(Link)
I don't think it's possible any longer. It seems to have been stolen in the middle of the night without anyone asking the College what the plan was for it in Chicago. A new one will likely be built, but the great mystery remains down here as to why it was stolen.
[User Picture Icon]
Date:August 17th, 2006 01:48 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Shimerhenge appeared mysteriously in a night, and disappeared the same way. It is fitting.

(Leave a comment)
Top of Page Powered by LiveJournal.com