?

No account? Create an account

something pretty and interesting: - Shimer College — LiveJournal

About something pretty and interesting:

Previous Entry something pretty and interesting: May. 19th, 2006 @ 06:11 pm Next Entry
i found this website with oil paintings--portraits of philosophers that some of us really like. i actually found it by googling for a picture from the movie Zorba the Greek, with anthony quinn, and subsequently found out that the author, nikos kazantzakis, of the original novel Zorba the Greek, that i started reading yesterday, is actually considered a philosopher. i'm only a chapter in but i kinda knew that already by the way he writes and what about....everyone should read that book. shimer would love it.

(the photo is the link)

chronology of major works...anyone else interested in a tutorial next semester? i already asked eileen, but if she can't do it i might ask harold.
i am: tiredtired
Leave a comment
[User Picture Icon]
Date:June 1st, 2006 02:33 pm (UTC)
(Link)
If you mean fall semester, I can't because I haven't comped yet. I'm hoping I'll be able to then actually. It could be a very interesting tutorial.
Date:February 16th, 2007 12:05 am (UTC)

Amanda?

(Link)
It is an interesting selection. I didn't understand it when it was initially posted, but.... thanks for supporting my argument!

Date:February 16th, 2007 01:11 am (UTC)

(Link)
very interesting
Date:February 16th, 2007 03:17 am (UTC)

Yes,

(Link)
that was Michael.
Date:February 16th, 2007 03:56 am (UTC)

Re: Yes,

(Link)
michael who?
(Leave a comment)