?

No account? Create an account

May Day... - Shimer College — LiveJournal

About May Day...

Previous Entry May Day... Mar. 11th, 2006 @ 03:53 pm Next Entry
Do they still do the Maypole? I have such lovely memories of Mayday... maybe I'll write up my memories, although I think it would take Psyche or Sarah or even Kathleen to do it justice...

Also, since Soli Night does not seem to be in the offing, maybe one last Beltane would be the thing for alums to say goodbye with and pass the torch on... given the surprised expression on someone's face when I made my last offering at Shimerhenge ("You left your..." she said...), my glancing impression is that they don't have a terribly pagan crowd out there, but I could be wrong, as it may just be that B & G was sick of cleaning candle wax and flowers remnants off the stones and asked that the offerings be more spiritual or at least self-policed... or it could be that the new crop of pagans is so hardcore, they don't jibe with the patriarchal four "cardinal" directions. Would it be intrusive to go back?

Anyone got a thirteen-foot pole? Anyone got reels of ribbon? Anyone got drums? Tobacco? Whiskey for the little people and hearts that are true? Feet for dancing and a longing to be out under the stars? Wood to burn? A pipe to play?

Pretty sure I could put a couple people up in Chicago, if there's interest.
Leave a comment
[User Picture Icon]
Date:March 12th, 2006 12:45 am (UTC)
(Link)
Solidarity night is happening the 7th weekend of weekend college...which is sometime in april, the specific date I'm not remember off the top of my head....
[User Picture Icon]
Date:March 12th, 2006 10:42 pm (UTC)

Beware...

(Link)
There's an Ides of March party this tuesday at Godot.
Date:March 13th, 2006 06:30 am (UTC)
(Link)
laura i'll happily type up my recollections of some of the best days of my life, the maydays at shimer. if we're doing it, i'll bring my drums/tobacco/whiskey/feet/wood and pipe!
(Leave a comment)
Top of Page Powered by LiveJournal.com