?

No account? Create an account
-- Scientology: Applied Religious Philosophy-- - -- Scientology: Applied Religious Philosophy-- - The Church of Scientology Page 2 — LiveJournal [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
The Official CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY LiveJournal

-- Scientology: Applied Religious Philosophy-- [Jan. 16th, 2006|06:35 pm]
The Official CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY LiveJournal

scientology_

[wallyohoser]
Welcome to the official Church of Scientology LiveJournal!  What follows is a description of the core beliefs and history of the Church of Scientology, the fastest growing religion in the world!  If you are considering joining our church for spiritual guidance, then please familiarize yourself with this material before heading down to your nearest Scientology Centre and allowing the spiritual healing to begin!    

Visionary Father of COS, L. Ron Hubbard (1911 - 1986)

Who started it all?
        It only makes sense to start with the most shocking and discrediting point, the clinically insane creator of Scientology himself, L. Ron Hubbard.  Warped by his demented upbringing, he suffered from depression, paranoia and other emotional problems his entire life.  Spending so much time with psyciatrists, people prescribing drugs and telling him he was crazy, it is no doubt this is where he developed his infamous hate of psyciatry.  Hubbards detachment from reality only grew worse as he got older, claiming to have been a nuclear physicist, a war hero and award winning science fiction author he became a compulsive liar.  In reality he bought a phoney PhD after having flunked out of a real university in his second year, he later resigned the degree when people found out what an idiot he was.  He further explored his knack for abusing the system at the end of his Naval career.  After ordering his sub crew to attack a well known magnetic deposit in the seabed and to shell a friendly mexican island, the self nicknamed "commodore", weaseled off the active duty list by
drawing disability pay.  Hubbard continued to collect disability for years, even after he claimed to have discovered the secret of how to cure the ailments for which he was being paid.  The Scientology version of Hubbards navel records, signed by a nonexistent Lt. Cmdr. Howard D. Thompson, shows Hubbard being awarded medals that do not exist, boasts academic qualifications Hubbard did not earn, and places Hubbard in command of vessels not in the service of the US Navy.

Another controversial aspect of Hubbard's early life revolves around his association with Jack Parsons, an aeronautics professor at Caltech.  Hubbard and Parsons were allegedly engaged in the practice of ritual magick and intended to summon a demon goddess.  After running away with Jack Parson's money Hubbard abandoned his own family and, in an act of bigomy, married Parson's girlfriend.

In 1953, after stating that he was ". . . going to invent a religion that's going to make me a fortune. I'm tired of writing for a penny a word.", L. Ron Hubbard combined his favourite aspects of various satanic cults and created what he called a power-and-money-and-intelligence-gathering game, Dianetics and The Church of Scientology were born.     

L. Ron and his newer wife Sara, whom he abused regularly, had two children together.  The first, Alexis was disowned by Hubbard in Cuba; the second, Quentin was a homosexual, depressed and wanted to leave Scientology.  Scientology rejects homosexuality as a sexual perversion and views mental health professionals and the drugs they can prescribe as fraudulent and oppressive.  Quentin died under suspicious circumstances in 1976. 

On January 24, 1986 The Church of Scientology announced that Hubbard had deliberately "discarded the body" to do "higher level spiritual research," unencumbered by mortal confines.  Hubbards body contained extremely high levels of anti-psychotic drugs, which are stressly forbidden, under Scientology doctrines.

"George Orwell's 1984 . . . That is the palest imagined shadow of what a world would be like under the rule of the secret use of Scientology with no remedy in existence." - L. Ron Hubbard  

What Do Scientologists Believe?
  • A person is an immortal spiritual being who possesses a mind and a body.
  • The thetan has lived through many past lives and will continue to live beyond the death of the body.
  • Through the Scientology process of auditing one can free oneself of engrams (traumatic memories) and implants (untrue beliefs) to reach the state of Clear and after that, the state of Operating Thetan. Each state is said to represent recovering the native spiritual abilities of the individual, and to confer dramatic mental and physical benefits.
  • What is true for you is what you have observed yourself. No beliefs should be forced as "true" on anyone. Thus, the tenets of Scientology are expected to be tested and seen to either be true or not by Scientology practitioners.
  • Psychiatry and psychology are evil and abusive.
Major focus is laid upon a pseudo technology called Dianetics, which includes a process known as auditingUsing an E-Meter which can detect your body's response to engrams, a scientologist can have these removed, in sessions that can last up to 12 hours, for an nominal fee.  An auditor asks you to relive traumatic memories over and over, and the meter eventually stops reacting.  At this point, many scientologists claim to be over come by a euphoric feeling that can last for hours and it is because of this that they claim the existence of the E-Meter is undenyable proof that Scientology is the truth.  Have you ever repeated a word, over and over until it no longer had any meaning?  Well, the E-meter works on exactly the same principle.  Furthurmore, the euphoric feeling felt after an auditing session is just the brain releasing endorphins because it has been deprived of stimuli for 12 hours.  If you stared at a wall in a quiet room for 12 hours and did nothing you would get exactly the same reaction.

Once a member is deemed clear of implants and engrams they begin their ascent up the Bridge to Total Freedom and through the operating thetan (OT) levels.  Once a member makes it through OT3 they are made to endure The Wall of Fire!  After signing a non-disclosure agreement, scientologists are given an envelope stamped "Top Secret" and containing a document describing the dark, alien truth about the world.  Members spend many years and thousands of dollars preparing to hear this story, under the belief that anybody who hears the truth unprepared will die from the shock, let alone not be able to understand it.  Here it is:

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion." - L. Ron Hubbard, Reader's Digest, May 1980

The Wall of Fire

Once Upon a time, 75 million years ago to be exact, the head of The Galactic Confederation, Lord Xenu (zee-noo), was in charge of all the planets in this part of the galaxy including our own.

Lord Xenu was stuck with a terrible dilemma, of the 76 planets he controlled all were overpopulated with an average of 178 billion people each.  Finally he came to a decision, Xenu declared a state of martial law.  Unhappy at this sudden change the good people of the confederate worlds, consisting of hundreds of alien races, fought back bravely.  With the help of renegades, Xenu and his officers fought the resistance.  After the good people were finally broken and the fighting had stopped, Xenu lured them into his fortress by telling them he was conducting a tax inspection.  Instead, he drugged them with a mixture of alcohol and glycol and had them loaded into space planes, similar in appearance to a modern day DC8.

These space planes flew to the planet Teegeeack, which would later come to be known by its citizens as "Earth".  The paralysed good people were placed around the bases of the volcanoes of the Hawaiian islands.  Hydrogen bombs were lowered into the volcanoes and were detonated, causing a massive erruption.  The good people perished, burning to death in the hot lava.   

The souls, or Thetans, of these dead people rose into the sky, determined to return to their home worlds, be reborn and repopulate.  Xenu had prepared for this, using electronic traps he caught the thetans in beams of energy.  Armed with a team of psyciatrists, he had these thetans taken to state of the art, memory implanting stations, where the disembodied souls were forced to watch 3-Dimentional films.  These films told them what life should be like and implanted false concepts such as: God, the Devil and Christ.  

When at last released, the thetans stayed on Teegeeack and began to stick together in large clusters that climbed into the thousands.  They did this because they all had been implanted with the same thoughts.  The thetans within these clusters believed that they were, infact, one person.  Wandering the ancient earth sad, depressed, and longing for bodies -- until they came across a primitive race of beings and decided to inhabit their bodies. 

As for Xenu, shortly after arriving back at his home world his once loyal officers, disgraced by the atrocity he had ordered them to commit, mutinied and sealed him up with a powerful force-field in the mountain of a lifeless world, kept alive for all eternity, in a solitary torture.

Through the ages, the primitive race that the thetans inhabited evolved and eventually became modern day humans.  To this day, our souls carry the extra weight of the thetans that inhabit us.  These "body thetans" impose their negative emotions on to us and is the source of all our emotional distress, mental illness and depression.  

This tale was told to L. Ron Hubbard, an award winning science fiction author in a moment of psychic connection between him and Xenu.  Thanks to LRH, the Church of Scientology was built.  With many auditing centres around the globe.  Scientology, saving the world one thetan at a time. . . blah blah blah

The End

After reading this it becomes blatently clear why members aren't told this story before giving the church thousands of dollars and decades of their lives preparing to hear it and it's not because the church thinks they will die or become confused.  It is because nobody who still has their sanity with them could possibly swallow this garbage from a man made famous for making shit up! 

"Always attack, never defend" - L. Ron Hubbard

Sea Organization
    It is interesting to point out that although levels 1 through 9 are known to exist the total number of OT levels has never been revealed, ensuring an endless supply of spiritual enlightenment to sell.  At this point, the cult takes on an organizational structure much like a university, with different courses and books for which they charge ludicrous amounts of money.  With the accumulation of enough credit, the scientologist elite are accepted into Sea Organization, notorious for it's overly harsh punishments and being so secretive that its meetings are held on the scientology flagship, the Freewind.  Upon joining Sea Org, members are forced to sign a contract guaranteeing full-time service to the Church of Scientology for the next 100 Trillion years, effectively for the rest of your life and that of all future incarnations.  In return, Sea Org will give you food, a job and freedom from all your money.  If you try to leave Sea Org you are issued a hefty Freeloader's bill for any auditing or training you have received.

Why are they dangerous?

To answer this question you only need to watch the above video and see the crazed behaviour and souless eyes of these people.  I think it is scary how passionately these people share in Hubbards anger towards the world.  Having struggled with paranoia and emotional problems his whole life,  which is a logical reason why he chose to frame psychiatrists as the right hand of the devil.    which were trying to drug, cure him of ailments that he did not have.  The rantings of a typical madman.          

What is scary about this video is the fact that this cult has the power to seal off a public street to non scientologists.  They represent everything that is wrong with the world.  It's a pocket totalitarian society.  This is everything that the western world has fought against in pretty much every war in which we've been involved . . . and it's all made legal in the USA, under corporate law.  

**UPDATING in progress**  If you have any ideas, please don't hesitate to comment!

LinkReply

Comments:
Page 2 of 3
<<[1] [2] [3] >>
[User Picture]From: voxhearted
2006-07-17 08:01 am (UTC)
This is fucking funny. I just watched that south park episode tonight, but learned about scientology *ahem* "philosophies" a long time ago when I read a "letter to the editor" in Rolling Stone. The writer was pissed that he had been brainwashed and revealed what he learned in the last level. I felt kinda bad for the guy, but I had a good laugh.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: vividlycameron
2006-07-22 01:21 am (UTC)
LOVE IT!
(Reply) (Thread)
2006-09-18 09:26 pm (UTC)
Scientology makes me feel inturbulated. :(

This group is awesome ♥
Wonderful and informative front page ♥♥
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: wallyohoser
2006-09-19 04:05 pm (UTC)
Thanks! I'm trying to make it more informative without being too biased because it pretty much makes fun of itself. Is there anything you'd like o know more about, in particular?
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Expand)
2006-09-22 07:42 am (UTC)
damn, I was wanting to tell a bunch of scientologists to check out get_therapy
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: chiaaysa
2006-09-24 11:26 pm (UTC)
Oh man, I just found this. Hilarious. Isn't it funny that everyone who defends Scientology can't spell?

HMMM.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: ash_the_moron
2006-10-04 10:09 am (UTC)
I love Scientology...what OT level is it again that lets you kill people with your mind?

What must Mr Hubbard of been smoking...
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: teegeeack
2006-11-30 06:31 am (UTC)
It was the PINKS and the GRAYS he was popping. All washed down with a heapin' helpin' of bourbon.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: wee_little_me
2006-10-08 09:04 pm (UTC)
lmao. Ah that video was awesome.

Have you seen The War on Science? It goes into indebth about all this crap :D
(Reply) (Thread)
2006-10-21 03:47 am (UTC)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3463204714566011542&q=Scientology+orientation&hl=en

The infamous Scientology orientation film is back online.

Near the end are the lines "You can choose to leave the theater and never mention Scientology again. It would be stupid but you can do it. You can also dive off a bridge or blow your brains out"

Also...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3036203388298824269&q=the+bridge

This is an independent film by Brett Hanover about the Scientology featuring ex-scientologists. Scientologists have bullied the film maker to take down this video. It has already been taken off of YouTube and Google Video a couple times. So make copies and hand this out to friends!
(Reply) (Thread)
2007-07-01 07:42 am (UTC)

OMG! Not only is it science fiction, it's BAD science fiction

Or is it sci-fi fantasy? Still not sure if souls and reincarnation counts as science fiction, but even Star Trek have its religious moments. Maybe there is an afterlife, but I just do see how it, or reincarnation works. Our memories, our selves, are software, and our bodies hardware. When you smash a dish to pieces, the data within would be lost forever.

The plot just sounds /insane/, though maybe Christopher Pike could have done something with it. Although I've already spot a huge plot hole. Okay, so Xenu's problem is that the alien planets are overpopulated, so he kills them, problem solved. Except, Hubbard's reasoning for why the aliens just can't be killed, is because they'll come back. ...but wouldn't the dead Thetans need Thetan parents to create fetuses for them to be reborn in? ...cause that's how it works in the reincarnation of Chinese beliefs, there are supposed to be long lines or waiting lists of ghosts that wanted to reincarnate. (Though in Chinese reincarnation beliefs, the spirit is made to drink a soup of forgetfulness before being allowed to move on, therefore, in my opinion, their last death was the final one because what is the spirit without memories?)

So okay, maybe the Thetans wouldn't need to be reborn, since they could take over other bodies...but then, another In Universe problem; wouldn't something like this have created problems within Thetan society before? With the dead always getting into the living's way?

How do you force something that doesn't have eyes to watch? Wouldn't it have made more sense to brainwash them while they are still in their original bodies and then leave them on earth? Urgh, BAD WRITING, BAD WRITING!

If I can go back in time (and have all the fun I want without fucking up the future), I would so pay Gene Roddenberry to bitchslap Hubbard out of the solar system for BAD WRITING. At least Roddenberry's stuff is coherent, overtly idealistic, but coherent, and some of Roddenberry's ideas are very sensible, such as 'Prime Directive', the only problem is I can't see anyone every deciding to follow it. The Federation doesn't, or is NOT supposed to make contact with any race before they develop warp capacity, and not supposed to interfere with their government (DS9 broke this rule). It makes sense, because if you teach someone a certain way to fish, maybe they would have had different ways to fish that they will now never discover...and an one-sided exchange would leave things permanently inequal. Who knows what the Native Americans would have took their development had the Europeans left them alone. Who can dispute that Iraq is in a bigger mess now? I don't think we'll ever adapt 'Prime Directive' because who cares about anyone else's welfare when you can fuck them over for fun and profit.

*cough* Sorry, I Trekkie'd, haha.

- T'Sura
(Reply) (Thread)
2007-09-12 06:39 pm (UTC)

My thoughts about scientology

I'm planning on becoming a Psychologist because I love learning about the human brain and how peoples emotions effect them and everyone around them, I just find it really fascinating. I've been doing some reasearch on Scientology, but something confuses me, if Scientology was meant to help people, why attack people who don't want anything to do with Scientology or its practices? I find that to be far fetched but really confusing at the same time.

They claim they're helping but yet when they attack those who are not with the Church of Scientology, so why the deception? The scams? and Thirdly why does Scientology need all of that money anyways? So many questions go unanswered, So I ask you this my friends, WHY do we as a community have to be afraid of Scientologists? or Scientology itself? Sure its a good program to get into if your a drug addict but think about how much money you will be spending on self help courses and books just to find happyness? YOU CAN EASILY FIND HAPPYNESS from friends and family! Not from this cult! Psychologists are there to help give suggestions, not advice. The same with counsellors, Scientologists, only give advice and peer pressures everyone to join there cult!

There's no such things as theatons,aliens, OT's I think Eienstien would be swimming in a fish tank full of sharks if he heard about this

(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: fatedancer
2007-10-27 10:14 pm (UTC)
Scientology is like reading a science fiction book. The problem is that the reader that has the book in his hands is unable to distinguish facts from fiction. I am so sorry for people that actually pay someone to receive enlightment of any sort. They should go back to their real friends and family, have a nice lunch together, watch kids play with their grandfathers and see how the circle of life in the universe, is already perfect just as it is. Scientolgy will not help you understand the universe and yourself. Only you can do that for yourself.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: beauxbijou
2008-01-24 09:19 am (UTC)
HAHAHA I LOVE YOU.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: beauxbijou
2008-01-24 09:22 am (UTC)
i have bipolar disorder, tourettes and OCD. thanks to my pyschiatrist i am able to finally sit in school without any tics, i have a steady moood, and i can get through the day without any thuoghts of suicide or anything.

I LOVE MY PSYCHIATRIST.
and you can't do anything about them.
you can't take them away.
you have no idea what its like to have your brain do things you can't control even when you do a holistic approach.

im glad i just didnt have to pay for mine.

i love this post more than life itself.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: oudler
2008-02-11 05:01 am (UTC)

Don't drink L. Ron's Kool-Aid

The Corporation of Scientology enjoys tax exempt status in the US and many other countries! This needs to be rectified!
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: aeronautdreamer
2008-02-12 01:05 am (UTC)
Photobucket

You are a skewed person to believe in such a religion based on a science fiction author's books of false pretenses. It also means you are brainwashed, this "organization" is dangerous and quite idiotic to think their ideals will make anyone the wiser. It is in the thoughts of Lisa Mcpherson that this post is made. Abuse of power, abuse of how freedom of speech is not honored, and the abuse of guiding unsuspecting victims down a path of brainwashing are injustices thrust upon the many that have to deal with such stupidity.

The question of the legality and the validity of what is written here is on many people's minds. And gloating over a court case and how it was dropped is far from anything this "organization" tries to teach. It was horrid to think that someone would gloat over a death of a fellow member who died in the hands of this "church". Monetary value for a fraudulent belief system is something done everyday, but never has it been practice in such a large and overly offensive scale.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: supernovajpn
2009-08-28 07:57 pm (UTC)

scientology?

Well personally scientology and its believers, well in my eyes they can believe what they wish. Im not a scientology myself, however the entire debate thats going on about scientology killing people, and taking people's money etc.. is abit extreme. Granted some people probably have tried to exploit it like other organizations,groups,goverments etc... but propaganda you cannot believe 100%. This whole debate between "Anonymous vs Scientology" proves it to the fact alot of "Anonymous" being anti-scientologists have twisted propaganda in a way in which its tried to stop scientology having freedom of speech, yet anonymous claims to support rights of freedom of speech.

(Reply) (Thread)
Page 2 of 3
<<[1] [2] [3] >>