Kate (mulanreflection) wrote in nohappyendings_,
Kate
mulanreflection
nohappyendings_

Fic - Gundam Wing - 1x5 - "New Beginnings"

Author's Notes: My last fic of 2005! ^_^; I felt it... appropriate to end the year of '05 with a deathfic. *grins*
-Kate

Title: New Beginnings
Words: 523
Pairing: 1x5
Rating: PG
Warnings: Angst. Death.

It was supposed to be the start of a new year, a year not spent in war. We'd fought so hard for this and now it was with in our grasp. I'd expected to spend this first year of my new life with someone special to me. Fate, or whatever 'higher power' one chooses to believe in, seemed to have other plans though.

The shooting shouldn't have surprised me like it did. I'm a soldier. I know there can't truly be total pacifism like Relena's ideal world has but that doesn't mean that I don't think we should all try for it. If everyone tried hard enough we could at least create a world close to Relena's ideal.

I really should have known better. The most important political figures and the five gundam pilots all in one place? That sort of situation is just begging a terrorist to try to attack. I would know from experience, many considered the gundam pilots terrorists after all. I remember when I entered the grand ballroom that thought briefly crossed my mind. I remember thinking, "We're just putting a giant target over our heads." It was only for a moment I thought about it and I almost made the shift back to the 'Perfect Soldier'. That was when Wufei squeezed my hand and smiled gently up at me. He told me to relax and I did.

I should have known better… everything happen so fast. After the first gunshot screams filled the area and there was a moment of chaos. I remember hearing Wufei shout.

"YUY!!"

Then I was on the ground with a heavy weight on top of me. There was several more gunshots before they stopped but everyone was still panicking. At one point Duo was kneeling beside me.

"Status?!"

"Functional."

Duo was resting his hand over his jacket and by the way his fingers twitched just a little I knew he had his gun hidden on him. I wasn't surprised; I had my own gun with me despite Wufei's protests and I knew Quatre was also armed. Duo's violet eyes flickered down, widened and he cursed loudly. When I looked down I found Wufei sprawled half on top of me and blood was pooling on the ground.

"I'll find Sally." Duo said and then he was up and running, shoving his way through when he had to.

"Heero…" Wufei stared up at me with pain filled eyes.

"… why?" I lifted Wufei into my arms, shrugging off my jacket and pressing it against the bleeding wound on Wufei.

Wufei forced a smile. "Better me than you…" He winced in pain then closed his eyes. I could feel his body slowly beginning to grow cold.

"No… You can't die… Wufei, please…" I was crying openly for the first time in my life. The pain I felt was impossible to bare let alone try to hide. Wufei was whispering to me, soft apologies and 'I love you's. Too soon though he fell silent and his body was limp in my arms. His life ended just a few minutes into the new year… and so did mine.

End.
-----
Tags: 1x5, [fic], series - gundam wing
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 2 comments