No account? Create an account

25 June 2006 @ 03:31 am
Fic - Gundam Wing - Duo, 5x2 - "A Smile to Hide the Pain"  
Title: A Smile to Hide the Pain
Words: 457
Character/Pairing: Duo, mention of 5x2
Rating: PG-13
Warning: Cursing. Torture.
Notes: Written for eldritchhobbit Request details. 25th fic for June fic-a-day.

"Motherfucker!!" Duo closed his eyes tight. Fuck, he wasn't sure he could take much more. He slapped himself mentally and told himself he had to. The bastards thought he was the weakest in the group and that he'd be easy to break. He'd prove them wrong.

"Where are the gundams?"

Duo opened his eyes and violet eyes glittered in the light. "Bumblefuck, Nowhere. It's a nice town. Very relaxing." Duo wore his fiercest of smiles. The mask dissolved almost instantly as he cried out when another one of his fingers was snapped backwards as if it was a twig.

"Tell us where the gundams are, you stupid colony bitch!"

Duo grit his teeth but again smiled. "You didn't say please. You should always say please when you want something. It's polite." A fist connected with his jaw while another finger was broken.

"Stupid piece of shit." One of the soldiers muttered. Duo let his head tip back and he laughed. He laughed because he wanted to cry. But boys don't cry. Especially not boys who were gundam pilots.

It went on like that: question, sarcastic reply, broken finger. Eventually he ran out of fingers. One of the soldiers grabbed his chin in a hard grip, spat in his face and growled. "Tell me what I want to fucking know or I'll shoot your fucking brains out."

Duo forced yet another cold smile. "Fuck you."

The grip on his chin tightened, then the soldier sneered. "Maybe that's not such a bad idea."

Panic flashed briefly in violet eyes. Before Duo could react he was yanked to his feet, turned around and forced to bend over the table. His eyes were tightly closed and his jaw clenched. He tried to steel himself against what was about to happen.

The steel cell door opened and a higher ranking soldier issued orders. A hand grabbed his long hair in order to yank him off the table and throw him to the floor. He laid there and watched as the OZ soldiers filed out of the cell and it slammed shut again. That was when he finally let out the relieved sigh. Weakly, he got to his knees and glanced towards the person he was sharing the cell with. So slowly he crawled over to his comrade who'd become his lover months ago. He collapsed near the other teen and closed his eyes.

He heard Wufei sigh sadly. "You were very strong… meili."

Duo smiled a little. "I guess so."

"Rest."

Duo nodded. He whimpered softly from the pain in his broken fingers, absently wishing he could set them and had time to let them heal. He hid his pain behind a smile even as he slipped off into a welcome darkness.

End.
-----
Meili - Chinese - "Beautiful"

Amy H. Sturgiseldritchhobbit on June 25th, 2006 06:25 pm (UTC)
Augh! This is gorgeous, just gorgeous. I really like the characterization in this story - "The bastards thought he was the weakest in the group and that he'd be easy to break. He'd prove them wrong." and "He laughed because he wanted to cry. But boys don't cry. Especially not boys who were gundam pilots." - and the ending is wonderful, allowing him to hear the recognition that he was strong throughout. Great stuff! Thank you so much!
Katemulanreflection on June 25th, 2006 06:39 pm (UTC)
^__^;; *blush* Thanks!! Glad you like!!

<.< I really like this request. *pets it*