nohappyendings_

Fic - Gundam Wing - 5+2 - "His Best Friend"

Title: His Best Friend
Words: 247
Pairing: 5+2
Rating: G?
Warnings: Angst.
Notes: Written for indeliblefancy Request details. 24th fic for June fic-a-day

Duo Maxwell is my best friend. He has been since for several years now. We've been through a lot together. At one point during the war, we almost died together.

Duo Maxwell is my partner at Preventers. I wouldn't want anyone else. We work well together. We watch each other's backs. He's brilliant and thinks quick on his feet.

Duo Maxwell is the love of my life. I want to be the one to hold and kiss him. I've never felt this way about anyone else. He's so different from me but that makes me love him even more.

I am only Duo Maxwell's friend. I'm someone to laugh with, someone to have fun with. I'm the one who wipes away his tears and puts the pieces of his heart back together when it's broken. But I'm only his friend.

I am only Duo Maxwel's partner. I'm someone he knows will keep him alive on missions. I'm someone who will let him get away with goofing off at work, as long as at least some work gets done. But I'm only his partner.

I am only Duo Maxwell's best man. I'm the one he chose to stand at his side the day of his wedding. I'm the one who must give him away to another man- a man I think doesn't deserve Duo. I will never be the one he loves.

Despite how much it hurts, I'll be what he needs – his best friend and nothing more.

End.
-----
Tags: 5x2, [drabble], fic_on_demand, june challenge, series - gundam wing
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments