No account? Create an account

22 June 2006 @ 03:00 am
Fic - Gundam Wing - Duo - "Survive"  
Title: Survive
Words: 161
Pairing: Duo
Rating: PG
Warning: … One bad word. Whoo.
Notes: Written for xelloss_poo Request details. 22nd fic for June fic-a-day. Only these one verse of the poem was translated, but it really got my muses poking me.

Behind the gates of the wealthy
food lies rotting from waste
Outside it's the poor
who lie frozen to death
- Du Fu, On Route from the Capital to Fengxian

His empty stomach growled and a stab of pain ripped through him. How long had it been since he'd last eaten? A week, maybe. Violet eyes peered out into the streets. He was huddled against the wall at an opening to an alley. His eyes searched almost desperately for someone to steal from, or beg for food. No one dared venture out into the biting cold though. He looked in the direction of where people lived outside the city; there were large estates scatted further and further from the city. They all left which only helped speed the turning of the city into slums. They never dared to come near the areas struck by poverty if they could avoid it. They turned up their nose and shunned them. "Rich bastards." He whispered. He curled up more, trying to stay warm. Some people had begun to freeze or starve to death. He wouldn't be one of those people though. He'd survive. Somehow.

End.
-----

Momokoxelloss_poo on March 4th, 2007 03:13 am (UTC)
I'm late in responding, but better late than never.

This was a nice fic. Very sad and touching, but nice.