mulanreflection
nohappyendings_

Fic - Gundam Wing - 5+2 - "Ties"

Title: Ties
Words: 302
Pairing: 5+2
Rating: G
Warnings: None
Notes: Written for shanaqui Request details. 13th fic for June fic-a-day.

"'Fei!!"

Wufei looked up in surprise and just managed to brace himself for the tight hug he was pulled into. He returned the hug, his eyes moving to focus on the American. After a second, Duo finally pulled away. He wore his usual bright smile and though he'd grown a few inches and wasn't quite so small and boyish he still had that playful and cocky attitude.

"Duo." Wufei smiled a little. "It's good to see you again."

"Yeah. Guess you were right about that taking a few months off thing." Duo shrugged. The brief flicker in violet eyes said he didn't want to talk about it; Wufei understood that and knew better than to even consider asking- the young man before him had finally faced a past he'd been running from for years and obviously came away from it better and stronger. Wufei had to smile; the demons were gone from Duo's violet eyes and the smile was real.

"We'll need to go out sometime and catch up. You've missed quite a bit." Wufei started to turn away to move back to his desk. "We're in the middle of a case actually."

"Oh? … Ne, 'Fei help me."

Wufei looked back over his shoulder. Duo stood there holding up the tie that went with their Preventers uniform. Wufei snorted softly then moved over to Duo. He smoothed out any wrinkles in the fabric, eyes flickering up to Duo. "I thought I taught you how to do this yourself?"

Duo frowned, eyes focused on the tie. "I tried this morning, but nearly strangled myself."

"It's not that hard." Wufei grinned. He slipped the tie around Duo's neck and easily fixed it. He stepped back glancing over his partner and best friend and nodded his approval. "Come on, we have work to do."

End.
-----
Tags: 5x2, [drabble], fic_on_demand, june challenge, series - gundam wing
Subscribe

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment