?

No account? Create an account

14 November 2006 @ 01:45 am
the scary barking ball.  
hey everyone, i just got nintendogs today. about a month ago i got my ds and decided that i would probably never want nintendogs because games with menial tasks really aren't my thing. but then i fell in love with the videos on nintendogs.com's kennel and, well, here i am. i now own the dachshund & friends version, and a tiny female shih tzu named dido (named after the character in the aeneid). she's great, and i am having a lot of fun playing with her and teaching her tricks, like "play dead", which is probably more of a "lay down", but i'm morbid.

anyway, on our walk past the park we found this ball that makes strange noises when you throw it. she's pretty frightened of it - does anyone know if the nintendogs eventually get over this fear? i mean, should i sell it if she isn't going to play with it and just bark at it from a distance, crying and putting her tail between her legs? i know from experience that my own dog has had issues with toys like this, and then he never wants to go near them. help a newbie out! :)

edit: she seems to have taken nicely to it after a couple of days of trying to get her to play with it. i guess the confidence she gets from longer walks helps with these issues?

loser in stereolayer03 on November 14th, 2006 08:29 am (UTC)
I don't think that particular dog will get over it. Certain dogs like certain toys and hate others, and as far as I can tell those preferences don't change much. I'm not as hardcore as some users, though, so I could be wrong.