?

No account? Create an account

22 August 2006 @ 03:58 pm

Hi, I got my Nintendogs last Friday. I chose the dachshund game thinking I wanted a beagle...but fell in love with a golden retriever...Ginger. She's cute and sweet. She has a red collar. (bows weren't her style)

I've been playing several times a day since I got it.
We haven't done so hot on obedience yet, but she's placed 2nd in the Masters level of the disc competition and 1st in the Beginner class of Agility. I'm very proud of her and not very worried if she can 'roll over'. Should I be?

I have some questions...will she get bigger or will she always stay a puppy?
What do the trainer points mean? What makes it go up?
And what different ratings are there for the trainer. Like, a few days ago it said "Adoration" now it says "Archie-level" What does that all mean and is there a list of the different levels?

Anyway, I hope these are typical questions that all beginning players ask.

Current Mood: pleasedpleased
Current Music: Josh Turner...Would You Go With Me?

Sheylarkiewolf on August 22nd, 2006 08:27 pm (UTC)
I stopped playing NDogs a long while ago, but I'll try to answer at least a few of these questions... I've forgotten some of them, though...

"will she get bigger or will she always stay a puppy?"
-No, nintendogs never grow in size; they are always puppy-sized. Probably because most people prefer puppies over older dogs (I love both).

"What do the trainer points mean?"
-If I remember correctly, the trainer points help 'unlock' certain things in the game. For example, when you get a particular amount of trainer points, you unlock a new certain breed of puppy you can adopt. You also can unlock a new scenery/landscape for your puppies' room (i.e. the space room or beach room, etc.). When you reach a certain amount of trainer points, and you are eligible for a new breed/room design/etc., it will be announced on your screen. However, though these things may be unlocked, it doesn't mean you instantly get them; you need to buy the puppy or the room design.

"What makes it go up?"
-Pretty much just having the game on and especially playing/training with your dogs helps to increase the trainer points. Running the dogs through competitions generates more of them, too.

"And what different ratings are there for the trainer. Like, a few days ago it said "Adoration" now it says "Archie-level" What does that all mean and is there a list of the different levels?"
-I'm not sure about what "Archie-level" means, but I know there is a character in the game named Archie who has his own dog and also announces in one of the competitions. So, the Archie-level could just mean you have as much a relationship with your puppies as Archie with his. Or something like that. As for a list, you'll need to search the web for a bit, as I searched and I couldn't find any lists for it yet. I'm sure there is one somewhere. (maybe I'm just lazy xD)

Good luck, Nintendogs is a really cool game.
Sheylarkiewolf on August 22nd, 2006 08:31 pm (UTC)
Oh, and about the not being able to roll over thing... if you're planning on still entering your puppy into obedience competitions, you need to make sure she can roll over because that is one of the tricks she needs to perform in obedience.

For making them roll over, you have them lie on their side first (forgot how you do that though) and then you put the stylus on their stomach (the area of the tummy most close to the ground) and quickly sweep the stylus up. Correct me if I'm wrong on this. xD
Sheilamiddayanonym0us on August 23rd, 2006 02:07 pm (UTC)
About not making them roll over...personally, I never bothered with obedience. After constantly being yelled at to my family to stop talking to my DS, I just decided it would be easier to either stick with Disc or Agility. I chose agility and just did 3 a day because that was a little easier and made a little more money than disc in the end. Plus you can get farther up in ranks in the competition (get to championship level, instead of beginner) by doing it three times a day instead of using all three competitions.

Plus, if you don't play a few days it's much easier to re-train them to do agility than it is to re-train them to do all the tricks.

Haha, that was long, but that's the way I did it.