Fic: In sickness and in health

Title: In sickness and in health
Author: bl4ckm4lice and pseudo_shigure
Fandom: Super Junior
Pairing: college!Siwon/college!Kyu, college!Eunhae
Word Count: 7,390
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: na-ah, not mine
Summary: It was Kyuhyun and Donghae's first year in college. (Interesing summary? What's that?)
Notes: Series Masterlist. Oh, and misleading title is misleading.

Kyuhyun sighed, struggling to keep his eyes open. He was approximately 300 words away from finishing the report. Three hundred words and he promised to deal with his would-be-desperate-by-now boyfriend. If he was lucky, within five minutes he would be able to convince him that no, he didn't ignore him on purpose. He just really needed that distraction-free time to finish the fricking report. Then he could finally, finally get that sleep he had been yearning for hours…

“Kyuuuuuuu!” A voice that obviously belonged to his childhood friend almost made him jump. It was followed by a series of obnoxious knocks on the door. “Kyuuuuuu! I know you’re in there!”

Unlike cell phones, this couldn’t be turned off. Despite Donghae’s tendency to be easily distracted, he could also be persistent as hell. He had no choice. “What the fuck do you want?” Kyuhyun snapped as he opened the door.

Donghae’s eyes were wide when he saw the boy. “Whoa, Kyu, you look awful.”

“Please don’t tell me Siwon sends you here again,” Kyuhyun said, knowing that it was an empty hope.

The older boy spoke into his cell phone, “Siwon, he looks awful. Bloodshot eyes and messy hair—.”

The young boy snatched the phone and spoke in hushed anger, “Hi Siwon. Why the fuck did you send Donghae here? Had I not tell you that I have a very important paper to finish? Had I not tell you that I will call you as soon as I’m done with it?”

“I was worried.” Kyuhyun could imagine Siwon pouting, and he could also imagine himself smacking the older boy's face. “Your cell phone was turned off.”

“Because you would insist on calling me anyway.”

“Just to make sure that you’re okay!”

“And waste my precious fifteen minutes for each call,” Kyuhyun groaned. ”I’m beginning to regret my decision to stay in the dorm. You utilize Donghae and Hyukjae to spy on me.”

“'Spy' wouldn’t be the word I use. Try ‘taking care of the lover’.”

“Can I go to sleep now?”

“Are you done with your paper?”

Kyuhyun slapped his palm on his face. “Three fucking hundred words more to go.”

“Then I’ll accompany you through the phone.”

The young boy disconnected the call and threw the phone back to its owner. “If you dare to interrupt me again, I’ll flush your pet fish down the toilet.”

He enjoyed the moment of satisfaction at seeing Donghae’s utter look of horror before slamming the door closed. There was no more interruption that night (or was it dawn already?), but he tried not to think of the impending flood of text messages from Siwon in the morning as soon as he turned his cell phone on.

Kyuhyun was never one to dwell around the lecturers after the class was over. He preferred to go straight to the library or back to the dorm. The papers wouldn't finish themselves (and neither would his games). Today, though, he just wanted to go back and sleep. He hadn't been feeling well since he woke up. Minor flu could be so annoying.

Being Kyuhyun, he didn't like to stand out much in the classes, including the Voice and the Harmony class taught by Prof. Yoo, so he was surprised when said lecturer suddenly called him at the end of the class, “Cho Kyuhyun, can I talk to you for a moment?”

Prof. Yoo Young Suk quickly became one of his favorite lecturers since the beginning of the year. Yes, both of his first year classes were strict, but he was also resourceful and appreciative when you deserve it, not to mention his extensive experience in the music industry.

Kyuhyun blinked and approached the professor who was sitting on his chair. The only thing that came up in his mind was the paper he submitted at the beginning of the class. He didn't think that he did badly at all, despite the fact that he had worked on it through the night-slash-dawn, but he wasn't so sure now—. Wait, he couldn't possibly had checked the papers already, could he? Shit, his mind was a mess, damn headache—.

“Don't look so tense, I'm not here to scold you or anything,” Prof. Yoo suddenly said with a hint of amusement. “I’m here to talk to you about something that you might be interested in.”

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, “Like?”

“Can you do something for me first?” Mr. Yoo took a piece of paper from his bag and placed it in front of him. It was the score of a famous ballad song by Sung Si Kyung. “You know this song, right? Sing the first two lines for me.”

The young boy hesitated, but under Prof. Yoo’s encouraging stare, he picked the score and began to sing. There was a huge smile on Prof. Yoo's face when Kyuhyun was done. “Just as I thought,” he said. “I’ve noticed since the beginning. You may hide in the background, but your voice just stood out from the rest.”

That was a compliment... right? Kyuhyun had just started to wonder if he should say ‘thank you’ when the older man leaned forward in his chair and said, “How would you like a job opportunity?”

“Kyu! Over here!” Donghae waved from one of the canteen tables, “What took you so long? Wasn’t your class supposed to be over twenty minutes ago?”

“I…” Kyuhyun huffed, slightly out of breath. He was running from the class, excited to deliver the news to the rest of his friends. “I got a job.”

Donghae watched the way Kyuhyun sparkled with glee and excitement. He suddenly remembered Siwon’s request to take a photo of “special Kyuhyun moments” (he even made a list). Usually, Kyuhyun would notice and snapped at Donghae, but when Donghae took the shot with his cell phone, Kyuhyun didn’t even bother to glare.

“A job?” Donghae asked. “A job, part-time job or…?”

“Prof. Yoo, one of my professors, asked me just now if I would like to be a part of his team. He owned this music production house which handles advertising jingles and various background songs and themes and…” Kyuhyun had to stop to take a breath. It was rare to see him this ecstatic. “He even said that he already had two jingles for me to sing.”

Donghae squealed, “Kyu, that’s great! I mean, you’re still in the first year and you’ve already grabbed the attention of a producer!”

“Well,” Kyuhyun blushed slightly. “Not that kind of a producer, but—.” His words were cut off when Donghae crushed him into a bear hug.

“What happened?” asked Hyukjae who just joined their table and saw his boyfriend giving Kyuhyun a crushing hug.

Donghae let go of Kyuhyun only to offer his cheek to be kissed by Hyukjae. The dancer complied and gave him a quick peck but not without a reddened face. Donghae was beyond happy that Hyukjae was more open to show his affection in public now that they've enrolled in the college.

The boy also didn’t miss the eye-roll Kyuhyun threw at the scene in front of him. Kyuhyun always said that he was annoyed by his and Hyukjae’s barely-there PDA. But Donghae knew that Kyuhyun was secretly jealous of them because they could do that everyday, while Kyuhyun was... well, Siwon was in another town. Although, it wasn’t like Kyuhyun would let Siwon do that whenever he wanted. Kyuhyun would most likely slap him since he was easily embarrassed.

“Great. Congratulation, Kyu,” Hyukjae congratulated the boy after Donghae explained to him about the news.

“No wonder your face looked flushed,” Donghae said to his best friend. “I thought you were sick or something.”

“Well...” Kyuhyun shrugged.

“What? Are you sick for real?” Donghae frowned.

“Before you can overreact, it's only a minor flu, ok. If you make a fuss about it, I'll kick your ass,” Kyuhyun glared.

Donghae gulped and changed the topic back to the joyful news. “Have you told Siwon about the job?”

“No!” the younger boy frowned at Donghae. “Don't tell him yet.”

“Why? You should've told him before you tell us anyway.”

“He has a paper due tomorrow. I will tell him after he's done with it.”

“Good news shouldn't wait, Kyu. It will rot away,” Donghae pouted, although he knew how one-track minded Siwon could be when it comes to Kyuhyun. Siwon would most likely ended up fussing over Kyuhyun's glorious moment and neglected his paper. It wouldn't be the first time. But still... “Besides, Siwon would be sad if he doesn't hear it from you right away.”

“He will hear it from me, Hae, if you can keep it a secret for just a bit more,” Kyuhyun glared, causing Donghae to whimper and hide himself behind Hyukjae. “So don't you dare sending that photo—yes, I saw you taking my picture earlier—until I tell him.”

“Fine, fine.” Donghae finally gave up although he was still pouting from being scolded. It didn’t help that Hyukjae only laughed at him. Donghae narrowed his eyes and pinched hard on Hyukjae’s side.

“Ouch!” The dancer jerked up at the stinging pain.

“Don’t laugh at your boyfriend,” Donghae warned. But Hyukjae knew better than taking his act seriously, because instead of acting cold, Donghae wrapped his arms around Hyukjae and rested his chin on Hyukjae’s shoulder (which caused Kyuhyun to groan on the other side of the table). “Do you have practice again this afternoon?”

“Yup.”

“Can I watch?”

“Even if I say no, you would still come, right?”

“Of course.”

“Dinner after practice?”

Instead of answering, Donghae pulled away slightly from Hyukjae so that he could grin brightly and nod eagerly. Oh how Hyukjae wanted to just kiss him right there and then.

Donghae skipped around the dance faculty building around half an hour before Hyukjae’s practice ended. Hyukjae had specifically told him to come at that time instead of from the beginning of his practice. Because the dancer knew that Donghae would get bored, then his pout would distract Hyukjae, and the practice would be ruined.

Now that Donghae had found the auditorium where the practice was held, instead of opening the door and stepping inside, he only stood outside and watched quietly from a small window. Because when Hyukjae danced with his friends, it was as if he was in another world. And he wasn’t sure if it was okay to be in it too. That was why Donghae could feel content just by silently watching Hyukjae from afar.

“Are you Hyukjae-oppa's fan too?”

The question snapped Donghae from his reverie. He turned to see a cute girl with some of her equally good looking friends stood next to him, watching him observing the practice from the door.

“Uh… Um… actually I’m—.”

“Oh don’t be shy. We’re all Hyukjae-oppa's fans too. He’s just amazing, right?”

“He is.” That was one question that Donghae could answer easily and with a smile on his face.

“You should come in with us. It's okay,” she said when he saw the hesitance on Donghae’s face, “We always watch his practice.” Now she was dragging the reluctant Donghae inside the auditorium. “You can say that we’re his groupies,” she told Donghae with a giggle.

“He’s just like a rockstar,” Donghae murmured to himself once he took a seat, just a few rows from the stage.

“He is, isn’t he?” whispered the girl who apparently caught what Donghae said. “He’s like a celebrity here. We know everything about him.”

Yes, Donghae knew about that. He knew that everyone in Hyukjae’s year loved to work with him, his seniors adored him, his teachers called him a prodigy. But he didn’t realize that it was to this extent. That he had group of girls watching his practices and digging information about him.

It wasn’t that Donghae didn’t realize that the Hyukjae dancing in front of him was different from the Hyukjae he had known all his life. It wasn’t just the red hair or the toned body that he now had. It wasn’t even the progressing dance technique that made it even more perfect in Donghae’s eyes. He was glad that Hyukjae had found a place where he belonged. But he felt like Hyukjae had a different air around him now. He was that much more confident when he performed, like he owned the stage. He wasn’t the awkward teenager he had once been in high school anymore. He caught everyone’s eyes and it was like he was friends with everyone now.

“I heard Oppa has a boyfriend though.” The girl next to him suddenly said. “A biology student.” She rolled her eyes. “Lucky S.O.B. I say. I bet he’s a nerd.”

“But I heard he’s actually cute.” Another girl next to her joined the conversation. “But still lucky S.O.B.” And the two girls shared a high-five.

Donghae felt like sinking himself into his seat.

After awhile, Hyukjae's dance partner tapped on Hyukjae’s shoulder and pointed out Donghae among the few audiences. Only then Hyukjae noticed that his boyfriend was already there, watching him. Hyukjae smiled and waved at him. And Donghae returned the wave hesitantly. He could feel Hyukjae’s groupies glaring at him. He didn’t even dare to take a glance at them anymore.

Donghae watched Hyukjae talked to his friends, like asking something from them. One of the girls who Donghae assumed was the one in charge of their project shook her head. But then she waved Hyukjae off and the red haired boy grinned. Hyukjae ran off the stage and grabbed his things before walked up the stairs to Donghae’s seat.

“How long have you been here?” Hyukjae asked once he had reached Donghae’s seat. Hyukjae felt comfortable whenever he was around his friends and he felt like he could be more affectionate to his boyfriend, so he tried to kiss Donghae. But Donghae turned away slightly so that Hyukjae’s lips met his cheek.

“Awhile.” The younger boy could still feel the girls’ burning stares at him so he guessed it wasn’t smart to be his usual lovey dovey self with Hyukjae in front of them. “Am I interrupting?”

“No. Of course not. Practice should be done in 10 minutes, they let me go early.”

“Unwillingly?”

“Yeah, but that’s fine.” Hyukjae offered his hand to Donghae. “Let’s go.”

Donghae took Hyukjae’s hand and walked next to him quietly.

“Do you know those girls? The ones that sit next to you.” Hyukjae asked once they were outside the girls’ earshot. “They’re my juniors. Why are they glaring at you?”

“Oh, well, you know. They’re…” Donghae waved his hands idly, “…your fans.”

“Oh come on. Don’t say it like that.”

Donghae glanced at Hyukjae and he didn’t mean his pout to be shown, but he couldn’t help but to feel a bit down with what happened earlier. “They were the one who said it. They said they’re your fans. They watch every time you practice. And they know everything about you.”

Hyukjae frowned. It wasn’t something to be upset about, right? But Donghae was too quiet for his normal standard.

“Did something happen?”

“No.”

“You’re pouting.”

“I always pout,” Donghae replied with a light smack on Hyukjae’s arm, knowing that Hyukjae would laugh at his words.

The older boy chuckled. “That’s true.” Hyukjae rocked their joined hands. “Are they jealous because you’re my boyfriend?”

That was actually true. But Donghae didn’t want to let Hyukjae know.

“They didn’t even know that I’m your boyfriend.”

“Well, they’re freshmen. All of my friends know that you’re my boyfriend.” Suddenly Hyukjae whispered into Donghae’s ear. “Then I’ll let those girls know.”

Hearing those words, Donghae couldn’t help but blush. Hyukjae rarely showed his affection, so whenever he did something like that it was guaranteed that Donghae would be flattered and melted.

“You've already let them know when you waved and kissed me,” Donghae replied through his hand which covered his flustered face.

“Well, next time I’ll kiss you on the lips to make sure they know you’re mine. And I’ll tell them that they’re nothing compared to you. So they better back off and stop bothering you. Is that enough?”

“Oh my god, Hyukkie.” This time Donghae had to cover his face with both of his hands before giggling. He was happy that Hyukjae was proud of their relationship and he had always wanted his boyfriend to act like that. But still, that would be totally embarrassing. He wondered if this was how Kyuhyun felt all the time with Siwon.

“Oh yeah, I knew you’d like that.”

“Kyu, please open the doooooor.” Donghae accompanied his whine with a few more knocks.

He had been standing in front of Kyuhyun’s room for a good five minutes now, but the younger boy still refused to let him in. Donghae wouldn’t give up, because he needed his best friend right now.

“Kyu, I need to talk to you. Come on, open the door.”

“No! I wanna sleep!” Donghae heard the muffled answer from inside the room.

“But I’m upset. Hyukkie’s being annoying. And I swear I’ll cry if I’m left alone in my room tonight.”

“Not my business. Go cry to your boyfriend!”

“I can’t! Ha has a rehearsal!” Donghae kicked Kyuhyun’s room door and slid down the wall to crouch down against it. His tears were starting to pool around the corner of his eyes. A moment later he heard the door opened and he saw a pair of feet next to where he sat. “I mean who has a rehearsal at 10 pm. He’s not even an idol.”

“Last time I checked, you tweeted that you’re having dinner with Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun said. And Donghae looked up at him.

“We did.” The brunette boy stood up and followed his younger friend into his room. “But then he walked me back here and said that he couldn’t stay. He said his dance partner is only free tonight. So they have to rehearse tonight.”

“I thought you’ve stopped being jealous of his dance partner.” Kyuhyun lay on his bed and slipped back inside his blanket until all his body and face were covered.

“I’m not jealous with his partner. It’s a group choreography anyway. But I want my Hyukkie in my room now, instead of having a rehearsal with his gorgeous, sexy dancer friends.”

“So you’re jealous.”

“Okay! A little bit.” He plopped down Kyuhyun’s desk with a huff. “You look terrible by the way.”

“And you’re still waking me up.” Kyuhyun shoved his blanket away from his face just so he could look at Donghae properly. “Did you say all this to Hyukjae?”

“Yes. And he said that he couldn't do anything about it. And I couldn’t help but think that he didn't want to be with me. So I pouted and told him to just go.”

“Then?”

“Then he left. And sent me a text saying that he’s sorry and will come to my room tomorrow night.”

“So what the hell is the problem!?” Now Kyuhyun was really starting to get pissed off. He didn’t need Donghae to disturb his sleep for nothing. In times like this, he couldn’t help but wish that Heechul was around to take care of his cousin so Kyuhyun didn’t need to deal with a sulking Donghae.

“The problem is, Kyu, I want my Hyukkie, right now.”

“Donghae, you were with him the whole day. You had lunch and dinner with him. You watched his practice earlier. You sent him thousands of messages and pictures a day. And he replied to each one of it—.”

“Not each one of it, just most of it,” Donghae mumbled, still pouting.

“Point is, don’t you think that you’re too much? Because if I were Hyukjae, I would’ve told you to leave me alone.”

“But you’re different, you don’t like attention.”

“Does he like it?”

Donghae huffed and started to poke his shoe against the floor. “Not so much.” He looked away when he asked, “So you think that I disturb him?”

Kyuhyun sighed, “I didn’t say that. And he probably doesn’t feel like you’re disturbing him. But I do think you’re being too much.”

“It’s just that…” Kyuhyun noticed that Donghae’s eyes started to water again. “I feel left out whenever he’s with his friends.”

“Then why don’t you try to get to know them too?”

“I’ve tried. But they’re like… awesome.”

“Awesome?” Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, you know, awesome,” Donghae answered vaguely with a shrug. And no, Kyuhyun stil didn’t know what he meant.

“Listen. Even though you think they’re 'awesome', I think Hyukjae still likes you more than anyone else. I mean, he never asked you to stop flooding his inbox or demanded this and that from him, right?”

“Well, no.”

“Just because he has new friends and activities that differ from yours, doesn’t mean that he forgets about you.”

“I know.”

“Maybe you can make yourself busy too. I mean, don’t you have any test or report to write? You’re a biology student, I thought your life’s supposed to be all about researches and reports.”

“Everything I have to do isn’t due until next week.”

Kyuhyun sighed again. “Well just try to find something to do.”

“Okay.”

The younger boy then covered his face with his blanket once again, expecting Donghae to leave his room. And he was just starting to fall asleep when he realized that he didn’t hear his door being opened and closed. Instead, he heard the beeping sounds of keypads.

“Why are you still here?” he groaned.

“I’m typing a supportive message to Hyukkie.”

“Do it in your own room!”

“Can’t. I’d forget what I have to write then.” Kyuhyun groaned once again and rolled his body so his back was facing Donghae. “...Kyu?”

“What now!”

“Thanks for listening to me.”

“I’m still having a hard time to believe that I just gave you a relationship advice.”

Donghae chuckled. “And sorry for being ungrateful. I know that you miss Siwon too.”

“Oh, shut up!”

But Kyuhyun’s annoyed answer only served to make Donghae laugh hard and jump onto his bed to give him a crushing hug. He raised an eyebrow when he noticed something. “Uh, Kyu, you’re kinda warm. Are you really okay? You need me to get you some medicine?”

“No! I need to sleep. And you!” Kyuhyun pushed Donghae off his bed. “You need to go!”

“Hyukkie,” Donghae rolled on his bed, staring at his lover who was taking a seat on his desk.

He had forced Hyukjae to come to his room the next night—because Hyukjae had promised he would—despite the fact that Hyukjae just remembered about a mini-test tomorrow and had to concentrate on his study (to this, Donghae frowned and asked, “What? I thought you only need to dance in the dance major. Why do you need to study?” Hyukjae rolled his eyes in response).

“Hmm?”

“Do you think Kyuhyun had told Siwon by now?”

“About what?” Hyukjae asked halfheartedly, still submerged in his text book.

“About his new job, of course,” Donghae pouted. He never took it well whenever Hyukjae talked to him without looking at him. “Kyuhyun said he'd tell Siwon today, right?”

“Why does that matter to you?”

“If he had told him already, I can send the photo I took yesterday. I'm afraid that I'd forget about it.”

Hyukjae chuckled, “So that's why you've been staring at your phone all day. Siwon should buy you a present for being so loyal to him. Why do you do that so willingly anyway?”

“Because if you ever ask Siwon or Kyuhyun to give you updates about me, which I know you would never do, I know that they would do that for you. Although... Kyuhyun would definitely make you his slave in return. And! You're not answering my question!”

“Just send the photo. It's already late in the evening, I'm sure that Kyu had told him. Anyway, I wouldn’t need them to do that for me, since you've sent me dozens of texts and pictures of you everyday anyway, even though we’re in the same university. ”

“I just don’t want you to miss me.”

Hyukjae didn’t give him any response in return. The red haired boy was only reading his book quietly, making Donghae anxious. He remembered what Kyuhyun said yesterday and he was worried that it was indeed too much and bothered Hyukjae. So Donghae lay perfectly still on his bed, waiting for his lover to reply.

“Well, thanks for making sure it won’t ever happen,” Hyukjae said sincerely after a minute or two.

Donghae grinned at the reassurance, instantly forgetting all about his little sulking moment. He browsed through his pictures folder and sent the photo of the beaming Kyuhyun to Siwon. It only took a minute for the older boy's name to appear on Donghae's incoming call screen.

“DONGHAE!” Siwon's elated voice beamed through his receiver. “My dearest friend! Thank you for the lovely photo. By the way, the photo was dated yesterday. I understand if you're busy and stuff, but I need my Kyuhyun dose here.”

“I had to wait because Kyu threatened me not to send it until he told you about it.”

“Eh? About what? Wait, I thought the photo was just a lucky snap?”

“...erm, Kyuhyun had told you, no?”

At this Hyukjae’s ears perked up and he slowly turned around to look at his horror-struck boyfriend.

“Told me what?”

Donghae paled and mouthed to the curious Hyukjae, 'Kyuhyun's gonna kill me.'

“Erm, erm. Sorry, Siwon! He said he would tell you today, so I thought... Argh, please don't tell him that you heard it from me!”

“Tell me first!”

“Promise first!”

Siwon sighed, and he had to convince Donghae for five minutes before the younger boy felt reassured enough to tell him.

“Oh, Kyu! My Kyu! I'm so proud of you!” Siwon blurted excitedly the moment Kyuhyun answered the call. The other boy didn't answer for a few seconds, and Siwon could imagine him sighing without a sound and rolling his eyes.

“Donghae told you, didn't he.” It was a statement, not a question.

“It doesn't matter. Why didn't you tell me earlier? You don't have to worry about my papers, ok? For me, nothing can be as important as hearing good news from you. Anyway, I'm calling to tell you that I had planned a celebration for you with Donghae and Hyukjae. We're going to gather at your place this evening—.”

“NO!! DON'T COME HERE!”

Siwon blinked, surprised by the strong rejection. “No? Why?”

“No,” Kyuhyun repeated firmly. “I don't want any celebration tonight.”

“But—.”

“I said no! It's just a job. A small job. Whatever Donghae told you, he was just exaggerating. I don’t need any stupid celebration and you—you guys don’t need to come here. In fact, if you show up, I will kick your ass one by one. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have important papers to do.”

“…Kyu—.”

“Siwon,” Kyuhyun said, his voice stern with a don’t-argue-with-me undertone, “I mean what I said.”

The line went dead.

When Siwon told Donghae just that through the phone, the younger boy frowned in disbelief. “But Siwon, I’m not lying! He was truly excited yesterday!”

“I know. There’s something wrong, and I’m pretty sure that it doesn’t involve papers.”

“Could it be… what if the job was canceled?”

“No, he would say so if it is. Hae, please try to remember, was there something off with Kyuhyun yesterday and today?”

“I don’t know about today, I haven’t seen him and neither have Hyukjae. Yesterday…” Donghae trailed off as he tried to recall yesterday’s events. They met, Kyuhyun informed him and Hyukjae about the good news, then—. “Before you can overreact, it's only a minor flu, ok.” Then Kyuhyun looked awful and told him that he needed to sleep when Donghae came to whine at him the night before.

“Siwon! I think—I mean, I’m not sure, but yesterday he said he caught flu. It didn’t look that bad yesterday, but maybe today...”

“Oh Kyu,” Siwon sighed exasperatedly. “If it’s true, it explains everything.”

“Should I check on him?” Donghae asked hurriedly, now filled with worry towards his friend.

“Call Hyukjae and wait for me. I’ll be there in five minutes.”

“Five? But you couldn’t possibly get here that fast from Inha—Siwon, where are you?”

“In my car, on my way to Kyung Hee. I took off as soon as Kyuhyun disconnected my call.”

“Oh,” Donghae said, inwardly admiring Siwon’s single-mindedness regarding Kyuhyun, “okay.”

“Kyu!” Siwon called out as he pounded the boy's dorm room door. “Kyu, are you inside?”

“Try calling him again,” Hyukjae told Donghae, who responded by pressing the redial button on his cell phone. Kyuhyun's ringtone drifted from behind the door.

“He's inside,” Siwon turned more worried. “We have no choice.” He sighed heavily… before he pulled out a key from his pocket.

“Please tell me Kyuhyun gave you that willingly,” Hyukjae half-pleaded.

Donghae, on the other hand, looked amazed, “Is that the key to this room?”

“It’s a copy. I made this some time ago and kind of saving it for a different kind of emergency,” Siwon sighed again (Hyukjae rolled his eyes, knowing exactly what kind of ‘emergency’ Siwon had in mind—possibly not much on the innocent side) and reached for the door handle… it turned without resistance, telling them it was unlocked.

“Well, well, we’re lucky,” he grinned and turned the handle further and slowly opened the door. Then he remembered something and whispered to the other two. “Now, I trust you guys to keep this key a secret from Kyuhyun.”

“You didn’t even get that legally,” Hyukjae said flatly.

“Legal… is relative,” Siwon winked and opened the door slowly. “Kyu? Honey? Darling?”

Hyukjae made a face, muttering about how Kyuhyun would kill the boy if he ever heard about the pet names, but Siwon didn't seem to be fazed by it. Donghae couldn't help but giggle despite the dire situation.

Their little commotion died down when the door opened all the way and their eyes finally caught the sight Kyuhyun splayed down on the floor, face down.

“KYUHYUN!??” Siwon paled visibly and rushed towards the boy, Donghae and Hyukjae following closely behind him. The first thing that Siwon noticed when he touched Kyuhyun’s body was the high temperature. Donghae asked if Kyuhyun was alright, but he didn’t reply and instead wrapped his arms around the boy’s body before slowly turning him around. Kyuhyun’s face was flushed red and his breath was uneven.

“Kyu…” Siwon called him and gently tapped his cheeks, “Kyu, can you hear me?”

The boy’s eyes fluttered open. It took a few moments for him to recognize everyone hovering above him. “What…” he breathed out with difficulty, “what are you guys doing here?”

“Listen, we’re gonna take you to the bed, ok?”

Kyuhyun looked confused, as if he could barely process the words. “But… I told you not to come. ..”

“Shh…” Siwon stroked his cheek. “You’re burning, Kyu. Let us take care of you. Just close your eyes.”

Despite the small voice inside him that hated being told what to do, he closed his eyes anyway. In the haze of the fever, he faintly registered Siwon asking Donghae to prepare an ice pack and Hyukjae to buy some medicine. Then he felt his body being lifted up.

It was past midnight when Siwon insisted that Donghae and Hyukjae should go back to their dorms. Donghae’s eyes were almost completely closed when he climbed up the stairs to go back to his room. If it wasn’t for Hyukjae who was dragging him up, Donghae was sure he’d fall asleep on those steps.

He was struggling when he tried to unlock his door. He should’ve listened to Hyukjae when the older boy told him to mark his keys so that he could tell them apart. When he finally succeeded to open the door, Donghae sighed in relief. He stepped inside and expected Hyukjae to follow behind him.

But Hyukjae caught him instead and turned him around. “I’m not staying,” he said.

“Why?” Donghae whined with a pout.

“I have test tomorrow, remember?”

“Well, just study here. It’s late, Hyukkie.”

“My books are in my dorm. Beside, we both know that I’m not gonna get my study done and we won’t get any sleep if I stay here.” Hyukjae finished his words with a kiss on Donghae’s temple to make him feel better. “And your neighbor is having a party it seems.” He pointed at the loud music and the people who were walking in and out of the room across Donghae’s.

“You have to make it up to me then.”

“When have I ever not done that? Come here.” Hyukjae pulled him closer and stroked the small of his back to comfort him.

It was just a simple kiss, but the party which crowded around the hall and the opposite room saw that and they started to whistle at them. Donghae could feel Hyukjae smirking against his lips.

“Let’s give them a show,” Hyukjae whispered.

His free hand cupped Donghae’s cheek and tilted his head slightly upward. He slipped his tongue into Donghae’s mouth and started to make the other boy moaned into his. Donghae felt his face turning so hot as the cheer got louder, but Hyukjae only chuckled with amusement.

Hyukjae’s reaction didn’t settle well with Donghae. When he stepped back from the kiss, his face was crimson. And he knew that Hyukjae used to be like that too whenever there were other people around, watching and even whistling at them. But now he wasn’t anymore.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Hyukjae looked worried at the uneasy look on his boyfriend’s face.

Donghae sighed. “Nothing. It’s just that… you’ve changed.”

“Changed, how?” Hyukjae frowned. “And you don’t like it?”

“No. it’s not for the better or worse. It’s just that I don’t know what to do with it. I’m not used to it.”

Hyukjae stepped inside Donghae’s room and closed the door behind him, shielding themselves from the gawking crowd behind them.

“I’m happy that now you can hold my hand and kiss me in public. I’m happy that you have so much confidence in yourself now. You’re like so cool.” Donghae started to explain his worries. “But now you’re like everyone’s Hyukjae. And you have fans that think I’m a lucky nerdy son of a bitch.”

“So they did say something to you.”

“Yeah, but it’s not just about them.”

“Then what is this about?” When Donghae looked up, he saw all the worries in Hyukjae’s eyes. “Come on, tell me.”

“I don’t know.” He shrugged and avoided Hyukjae’s scrutinizing eyes. “Lately, I just feel like you’d be fine without me.”

“What?” Hyukjae looked completely shocked. “Where does this come from?”

“Nowhere. It’s probably just me being stupid. Kyuhyun said you probably still like me more than anyone else even though you have friends who are as cool as you are.”

“But, no. We’re just as silly as you are, Hae. And Kyuhyun’s right. Hey.” He made Donghae to look at him again. “Am I not giving you enough attention lately?” His voice was soft and so unsure when he asked that, making Donghae felt bad for being such a clingy brat.

“No. No, you’re great.” The younger boy wrapped his arms around Hyukjae’s body and buried his face on his shoulder. “I’m just…”

“PMS-ing?” Hyukjae suggested cheekily, which earned him a loud smack on his chest. He laughed hard though. “Hey,” he started when his laugh died down. “You okay now?” He saw Donghae’s brunette hair bobbed up and down. “I’ll stay here with you tonight, okay?”

“No, that’s okay.” Donghae pulled away slightly so he could look at Hyukjae’s face. “You need to study.”

“You sure?”

Donghae nodded. “Just give me a kiss first before you leave.”

“Yeah, I can do that.”

They kept the kiss simple and innocent. Because they both knew if they let it to go further, neither of them would get any sleep that night, just like Hyukjae predicted.

“Donghae,” Hyukjae whispered against his boyfriend’s lips.

Their eyes were still closed, but Donghae could feel the anxiety in Hyukjae’s voice and how his hand slightly trembled when it covered Donghae’s eyes. And he knew what the other boy was about to do next.

Donghae smiled then. After all this time and all the changes that happened to him, Hyukjae still couldn’t say those words without covering Donghae’s eyes. Donghae didn’t know why he was still embarrassed. And he was dead curious to see how Hyukjae looked like when he said it. But he’d never asked his boyfriend to change it. Because it reminded Donghae of how he actually was, awkward and shy.

“Yeah, I know, Hyukkie.” He pulled Hyukjae’s hand away from his eyes. And when he stared back at Hyukjae’s eyes, he knew he’d make the other boy embarrassed just by saying it, but he couldn’t help himself. “I love you too, stupid.”

Kyuhyun woke up to a blurred image which he recognized as his ceiling and a feeling that someone was holding his hand. He groaned reflexively, causing said someone to realize that he had woken up.

“Kyu? You awake?” It was Siwon's voice. He felt the ice pack on his forehead slid down as he shifted, and Siwon took if away.

“What time is it now?” Kyuhyun asked, voice hoarse.

Siwon hurriedly fetched him a glass of water before he answered, “It's midnight.”

“Hyukjae and Donghae…?”

“I told them to go back. They have a class tomorrow—I mean today.”

“What about you?”

“You think I can leave you like this?” Siwon checked his temperature by pressing back of his hand against Kyuhyun’s temple. A frown appeared on his face.

Kyuhyun grunted and tried to sit up, but the room spun right away. Siwon hurriedly forced him to lie back down. “What are you doing!?”

“Sorry,” Kyuhyun suddenly apologized, causing Siwon to blink in surprise. The younger boy was apologizing instead of scowling? “I really didn’t want to bother you… I know you have a class in the morning.”

“Your temperature is over 39 degrees Celsius and you're worried about my class?” Siwon chuckled. “What good thing have I done in my previous life to deserve such a wonderful boy like you?”

“Siwon,” Kyuhyun insisted, “your class…”

“Skipping one class won’t kill me, Kyu. Allowing myself to leave you here, will.” Siwon half-expected the boy to roll his eyes and grunted something along the line of ‘geez, you sound like a cheap soap opera’. But the boy merely stared at him through dazed eyes. The stare was so unguarded, speaking of so many feelings usually hid by the socially-awkward boy, that Siwon couldn’t help but feel a tug in his heart. He leaned closer and placed a peck on the side of Kyuhyun’s lips. “I made some warm soup for you. Wait here, ok?”

Kyuhyun shook his head weakly, “No.”

“Kyu, you can't take your medicine unless you eat something, and I don't care that you hate medicines—.”

“No…” the younger boy reached out to him and tugged the sleeve of his shirt. “Don’t… don’t go.”

“What?” Siwon smiled jokingly, “You want me to sleep beside you?”

Much to his surprise, Kyuhyun nodded.

There was another tug in Siwon’s heart. He knew he shouldn't felt like this, but... Kyuhyun was apparently not afraid of being clingy when he was sick. The boy was already adorable enough with his scowls and held back smiles, but this...

“Don’t do this to me,” Siwon muttered, but mostly to himself. He climbed to the bed, gently shifting Kyuhyun to make space for himself. He wrapped an arm around the lithe figure before gently stroking Kyuhyun’s side. “At least promise me that you'll let me take you to the doctor if your fever hasn't gone down by morning.”

Kyuhyun made a sound akin to a whine, and Siwon had to bite his lip to distract himself.

“Kyu…” he started after they were both settled in their position, “it’s okay to rely on me, you know.”

The younger boy just looked up at him, so he continued. “You told me off his afternoon because you didn’t want me to come here and found you like this, right? You didn’t want to cause a hassle.”

A long silence followed before Kyuhyun finally responded, “…Sorry. I didn’t mean what I say.” Apparently, the fever also melted away the boy’s frigid demeanor. “I’m really happy that you’re here now…” His face was flushed already, so Siwon couldn't tell if he was blushing. But in his dazed state, Kyuhyun was probably unaware of his own words and behavior.

Siwon pulled Kyuhyun closer until the boy was tucked securely inside his arms.

“Hey, Kyu?”

The young boy hummed in response against his chest. Siwon thought that he could get used to the pleasant vibration. “Congratulations on getting the job. I'm so proud of you.”

Kyuhyun snuggled further and sighed in content. Siwon let sleep fell upon them.

Just like he predicted, Kyuhyun exploded with embarrassment from his own clingy behavior last night. The moment he woke up, he yelped and shoved Siwon away until he nearly fell off the bed. The rest of the morning was filled with scowls and grunts, but Siwon was just relieved that the fever had gone down.

“Why are you still here, really?”

“I have to make sure that you’re all right.”

“I’m perfectly fine now. Go back to your apartment.”

“I’m not leaving until you’re fully recovered. What if you faint again?”

Kyuhyun glared, “I won’t. Now get your ass out of my room.”

Siwon pouted, “Not even a morning kiss? And you were so cute last night too… Saying adorable things like ‘don’t go’ and ‘I’m really glad that you’re here now’ with a blush on your face. You even said 'I miss you'.”

He earned an angry pinch right below his ribs, and his mouth opened wide in agony. “Ow, ow! Kyu!”

“I most definitely didn't say that I miss—,” he paused with a blush, realizing that he had just acknowledged the rest of Siwon's statement. “Those were the fever talking! Last night never happened, you hear me!?”

“…Should’ve taken advantage of you when you were like that—OWW! No more pinching—OW, OW!!”

The end~
Tags: pairing: eunhyuk/donghae, pairing: siwon/kyuhyun
Subscribe

• it’s not public if you don’t get caught

Title: it’s not public if you don’t get caught Pairings: Kyuhyun/Zhou Mi, side Donghae/Henry Genre: PWP Rating: NC-17 Warnings:…

• [Fic] Endlessly - 1-7 (complete)

Title: Endlessly Pairing: Zhou Mi/Kyuhyun Rating: up to NC-17 Genre: AU, romance, smut Summary: Kyuhyun's life changes when he gets the chance to…

• Two oneshots and compilations

Demarcation - 1/1 Rating: PG-13 Pairing: Kyuhyun/Zhou Mi Words: 8,000 Summary: written for the qmi exchange. The Curse - 1/1 Pairing: Zhou…

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 23 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →

• it’s not public if you don’t get caught

Title: it’s not public if you don’t get caught Pairings: Kyuhyun/Zhou Mi, side Donghae/Henry Genre: PWP Rating: NC-17 Warnings:…

• [Fic] Endlessly - 1-7 (complete)

Title: Endlessly Pairing: Zhou Mi/Kyuhyun Rating: up to NC-17 Genre: AU, romance, smut Summary: Kyuhyun's life changes when he gets the chance to…

• Two oneshots and compilations

Demarcation - 1/1 Rating: PG-13 Pairing: Kyuhyun/Zhou Mi Words: 8,000 Summary: written for the qmi exchange. The Curse - 1/1 Pairing: Zhou…