?

No account? Create an account

09 September 2007 @ 06:24 pm
Coffee and Cigarettes  
Title: Coffee and Cigarettes
Author: fancyphantasm
Pairing: TaeHee, TyChul, JayRella. Whichever you prefer.
Rating: I'd say PG, but we'll go with PG-13, just in case.
Genre: Fluff plus angst.
Length: One-shot.
Summary:

You remember the first time he kissed you. The two of you stood outside, protected from the misting rain as he smoked a cigarette. You hated it when he smoked, not just because you knew it could possibley ruin that amazing voice of his, but because every time he lit up, the smell of cigarette smoke had your old cravings kick up again, and you had half the mind to reach into the pocket of his jeans and steal a cigarette for yourself. But you knew he wouldn't let you do that. He always told you you were better than him because you quit. But he doesn't know about the pack of cigarettes you keep hidden away, just in case. You were growing annoyed with the silence between the two of you, and you looked over at him expanctantly, waiting for him to say something. But, as always, he just stared out into the smokey haze in front of him.

You were ready to give up, to turn around and go back into the building. Your break was almost over, anyway, and you'd spent all of it standing with him, waiting for an explaination that seemed to never come, but just as you pushed away from the building, his lips were on your own and all you could think about was the taste of bitter coffee and sweet nicotine.

Time stopped.

You were so cold when he finally pulled away, and you wondered if you moved out into the rain because the chill went straight to your bones. But it all went away when he gave you that soft smile, that low, rich voice flowing through you and warming you inside out as he told you he loved you. My Cinderella.

You could have swore your heart stopped in that moment, because you loved him, too.

You crave coffee and cigarettes now, and when he's on tour or working late, you try and replace it by smoking his cigarettes and drinking his coffee, but it's just not the same. It lacks the perfection of Jay's taste, the coffee is never bitter enough, and the nicotine is never sweet enough. You swear you'll crack, go into fits of withdrawl, but then he's there, and that perfect taste is back, and you wonder how you lived so long without it.

He tells you he wants to be with you forever, that he wants to wake up next to you every morning for the rest of his life. You tell him to grow up. You're both in the wrong careers to have happily ever after. Cameras are everywhere, angry posts on mini homepages will become worse, and scheduals will get in the way. He is your prince, and you are his princess, but it's a modern world now, and there is no horsedrawn carriage to take you to your castle. You can only live day by day and hope it isn't the last. He understands, but you know he's hurt.

Leaving him was the hardest thing you've ever done. You hate knowing that he wants more of you and you can't give it to him, not because you don't want to, but because there are other people in the world to think about, too. What would your parents say if you ran off with another man to elope in some foreign country? What about your bands? And what about your fans? You couldn't do that to them. You couldn't do that to him. You couldn't drag him down with you when the antis claimed they'd won the fight. You wouldn't let them speak that way of the man you loved.

You kissed him one last time and savored that taste. You knew you had a long way to go before you could get that perfect mixture of coffee and cigarettes.

First and probably last time poster. >.>; I don't get the urge to write alone all too often. Excuse any typos and grammar errors. For alice_hime, my TyChul partner in crime for life.

Current Mood: nervous
Current Music: Almost Lover - A Fine Frenzy

MOTHERFUCKING SPACE CHOO-CHOO: no buttseckszerolicious on September 9th, 2007 11:49 pm (UTC)
;_; That was sad and beautiful and ♥

tychul ftw.
러쉘: DRAGON FIREfancyphantasm on September 9th, 2007 11:51 pm (UTC)
You're so fast! ^o^

♥ Thank you! Angst = love. >.>;

And OH MY GOD, I love your icon. XD ♥

tychul ftFUCKINGw.
MOTHERFUCKING SPACE CHOO-CHOO: Jay-flavoured breath D:zerolicious on September 9th, 2007 11:56 pm (UTC)
TyChul is one of my favourite pairings. ^^
러쉘: Yukari  =Ofancyphantasm on September 9th, 2007 11:57 pm (UTC)
Mine tooooo. It's too perfect to not be a favorite, srsly.
{ ha . to . ri ||| マブ達の三人 }: reflectcoyotecolored on September 10th, 2007 12:26 am (UTC)
JayChul! ;^; angsty JayChul! omg why is this pairing so heartbreaking, so often...
러쉘: Misako!  =Dfancyphantasm on September 10th, 2007 12:46 am (UTC)
@.@ I love that you read my fic. XD; ♥ 'Cause I ♥ your fics.

I'll write a happy one for you? ^o^; 'Cause it's TOTALLY possible to have a happy TyChul.. Just not as fun. >.>;
{ ha . to . ri ||| マブ達の三人 }: instigatorcoyotecolored on September 10th, 2007 12:51 am (UTC)
xD ♥ you should write more/again! happy TyChul or not!
러쉘: Chiaki  ^o^Vfancyphantasm on September 10th, 2007 12:54 am (UTC)
XD We'll see how often I get the urge to write. I'm more of the RPing type, but so far, the response is good, so we'll see. ^o^
{ ha . to . ri ||| マブ達の三人 }: surprise! you're bleeding! :Dcoyotecolored on September 10th, 2007 01:00 am (UTC)
I rp a lot, too, but sometimes something (related or not) just insists on coming out in fic form, instead xD maybe it's the differences in style that attract me, I don't know.
ALEXiS [Approach and worship!]o_frick on September 10th, 2007 02:05 am (UTC)
asihasiughase I pretty much LOVE this~ TaeHee are always so sad, though... One day, I will write a happy fic for them!
러쉘: Chiakifancyphantasm on September 10th, 2007 02:07 am (UTC)
XD I don't think it's that good. >.>; If I re-read it before I posted it, I probably wouldn't have posted it.. XD;

Pft. You wrote OMFGHAWT TAEHEE SECKS! XD; One thing I probably could never do in a fic: Secks.
알리스 ALiCEeroguro_hime on September 10th, 2007 02:10 am (UTC)
It's 'cause I'm a big parvart. Secks comes naturally, dood~!
러쉘: AAA's Angelsfancyphantasm on September 10th, 2007 02:11 am (UTC)
I could do something like.. Mentioning it, but the detailed stuff = RPz only kthnxbai. XD;
ALEXiS [Approach and worship!]o_frick on September 10th, 2007 02:13 am (UTC)
Haha RPz are more fun for it- makes it easier on the writer methinks, but either way is okay with me!
러쉘: Yukari  Escapefancyphantasm on September 10th, 2007 02:14 am (UTC)
XD If I do do secks, I'd base it off an RP of ours or something. Resources ftw. XD;
♫~ my flow is hotter than the flash from the clickcomicbookending on September 10th, 2007 02:43 am (UTC)
Ah... what?
-cries-

I was so giddy at the beginning and then my heart just shattered at the end.
Ah wells, you're a great writer. Hopefully this won't be the last we see of you. X3; -bribes with cookies to stay on the writer couch- Because that was really beautiful and your imagery is fantastic.
러쉘: fancyphantasm on September 10th, 2007 02:47 am (UTC)
Awwww~ *tapes it together for you!*

Thank you. ^//O//^; I'm starting to get convinced to not let this be my last time. I'd just have to get the urge to write alone.

*tempted by the cookies* >.>

Thank you~ ^O^ ♥
enchanted1312 on September 10th, 2007 03:45 pm (UTC)
hmm, i'm don't think that nicotine and caffeine would be a great mix, but then it's reminded heechul of the other man, so it's ok i guess. the reality of having to let go really sux, but i support the fact that their relationship didn't have a good future to start with.