• Mood:
  • Music:

Unconventional Methods - ShiHan

Title: Unconventional Methods
Author: convicted_eyes 
Pairing: Siwon/Hangeng
Genre: AU. Romance.
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: Some swearing. Very light reference to sex.
Summary: Hangeng is determined to get the attractive club bouncer's attention, but how to do it is a little difficult.
Authors Note: So this has nothing to do with my 'what I go to School for' series, and was inspired by a night out with my friends the other night where these creepy guys kept asking me to dance and I wish someone would have come and punched them in the face, and the attractive bouncer my friend was drooling over all night. It's a little weak in places, but I hope you guys like it anyway. 

This was stupid, Hangeng knew it was a very stupid thing to do but as he sipped the drink he couldn’t help but try to pick out someone who would be perfect. Someone who would be perfect to pick a fight with. Heechul, his best friend, was sitting next to him, knowing exactly what he was planning on doing, just rolled his eyes and laughed.

“You’re really warped.” He yelled to be heard over the booming music. Hangeng turned to him and raised an eyebrow.

“I don’t think you’re really in a position to call me warped.” Heechul laughed again bringing his drink to his lips.

“I don’t know where you got that idea from; I don’t pick fights with people just-”

“Yeah yeah, shut up, I found him.” Hangeng said downing the last of his drink and rising from his seat, ignoring Heechul’s comment of ‘don’t bruise your face!’ that was accompanied with a laugh before he made his way over to the victim. The guy was trying to get this girl to dance with him who clearly wasn’t interested, and didn’t seem to be taking no for an answer. Hangeng grabbed his wrist tightly that was reaching for the girls arm.

“Is there a problem?” The girl looked terribly relieved, and the guy looked pissed as all hell. One of the girl’s friends, managed to sneak in and grab her smiling kindly at Hangeng before dashing off to get away from the pair. The man shrugged off Hangeng’s grip and began yelling at him and shoving Hangeng’s shoulders. He just raised an eyebrow and when the man eventually got pissed and threw a fist, the Chinese man sighed and evaded it easily throwing one of his own that landed perfectly against the man’s jaw. The man tried to grab Hangeng and throw him against the wall but the man was terribly drunk and Hangeng wasn’t even that tipsy, and so instead Hangeng kneed him in the stomach.

Eventually one of the bouncers dotted around the club came over and grabbed the pair easily dragging them through the crowd and out the nearest door. The bouncer was tall, taller than both men, and was well built (sorting out bar fights did that) and sighed heavily. The man Hangeng had started fighting with began yelling abuse at the bouncer but he just raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms –muscled arms Hangeng thought- and the man backed off pulling out his phone and beginning to walk away. Then those eyes were trained on Hangeng and he sighed.

“You again? Do you ever learn?” He asked. Hangeng shook his head with a smile and crossed his arms leaning against the wall.

“It’s just too easy you know. Better than that girl getting raped isn’t it?” The bouncer ran a hand through his dark hair and agreed with a nod of the head.

“You really should try to stay out of trouble. I don’t want to have to ban you from the club.” Hangeng smirked slightly.

“You know, there’s an easy way to get me to stop causing trouble.”

“Oh? And what’s that?”

“What’s your name?” The bouncer looked at him surprised and glanced around as if to say ‘is this a joke?’

“Siwon.” Hangeng grinned and then bowed to him politely.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Hangeng.” Siwon looked altogether shocked but bowed a bit back anyway.

“So...that’s it. You’ll stop causing trouble now?” He asked sounding hopeful. Hangeng shrugged and Siwon groaned in annoyance. “What’s the point? You look as if you should have so much going for you.”

“Yeah, I’m doing alright, but that could be because I have a habit of getting what I want one way or another, and there’s something I want.” If Siwon’s smirk that suddenly appeared and the way his arms crossed again were anything to go by, the bouncer had figured out just what Hangeng wanted.

“Oh, really?” Siwon began looking half amused behind that smirk. “And what would that be?” Hangeng grinned.

“Give me your number and I’ll let you know.” Siwon laughed heartily but in the end, Hangeng walked away with his number in his phone.

~

“You. Are. Weird.” Heechul said the next morning nursing a coffee and a throbbing headache. It seemed while Hangeng had been on his little escapade Heechul had bumped into a couple of their friends and ended up doing shots with ZhouMi. Kyuhyun had to call Hangeng to take him home.

“Hey, it worked didn’t it?” Hangeng retorted showing him the screen of his phone that brightly shone with the digits of Siwon’s number. Heechul made a hissing noise at him, and pushed the phone away.

“Get that light out of my face! And what ever happened to you know, just introducing yourself?” He asked taking a large gulp of the caffeinated drink.

“And since when were you one for the conventional methods yourself?” Heechul shrugged.

“Point taken.” He sighed heavily. “So, when are you going to meet your bouncer and bounce him?” He asked with a smirk and a suggestive raise of his eyebrows. Hangeng rolled his eyes.

“None of your business.” Heechul whined in annoyance.

“You’re no fun.” Hangeng laughed and stood from the table intending to head out to buy the groceries. They were running out of cheese, coffee, and milk, despite it was only two of them in the dorm, they went through those things quickly. Hangeng and Heechul were university students, who became friends when they got placed in the same dorm together. It was an instant click. Heechul was snarky and rude but Hangeng could handle it. He’d just roll his eyes and call Heechul an idiot, and they fell into an easy friendship and routine. They looked out for each other in their own weird way.

While grabbing the right brand of coffee in the small shop, Hangeng’s phone went off and he fished it out of his pocket grumbling about Heechul, expecting it to be his roommate saying that they needed something else (or rather he needed Hangeng to pick up something of little or no importance). But it wasn’t. It was Siwon.

To: Hangeng

Are you in the super market?

Hangeng raised an eyebrow and glanced around but didn’t see anyone.

To: Siwon

I’m in a super market yes...why?

A few seconds later, when he’d moved on to the cheese he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“I wanted to make sure it was you before I came over.” Hangeng turned swiftly seeing the tall bouncer dressed in much more casual clothes, with a sports bag over his shoulder, and a basket with a few items in his hand. Hangeng grinned.

“I’m glad you came over at all.” Siwon laughed.

“Well, we exchanged numbers for a reason.” He pointed out. Hangeng nodded and they began browsing the isles while chatting about this that and the other. It was an unconventional way to get to know each other (Hangeng would have preferred a date) but considering the way the Chinese man grabbed his attention, he doubted it really mattered.

It wasn’t until after they had bought their items and were chatting animatedly as they left the shop that Hangeng realised they were both walking the same way.

“You know...the university is this way?” Hangeng said realising that there were increasingly less options for turn offs to residential areas. Siwon nodded.

“Yeah...I go to the university.” Hangeng’s eyes widened. “What!? Seriously!?” Siwon nodded with a bright smile, as they stepped foot into the grounds, walking through the dorm building. “No way.”

“Yeah, if you’d known maybe you wouldn’t have had to cause all those fights at the club.” Hangeng laughed sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

“Yeah…wish I had known.” He could feel his cheeks rapidly turning pink. “I really am not like that. I just…didn’t know how else to get your attention.” Siwon laughed as they stopped by Hangeng’s dorm room door.

“I thought as much, but it’s ok, as long as you don’t go making a habit of it still!” Hangeng laughed and was about to reply with a casual ‘I won’t’ when the door flew open and Heechul stood there with his hair tied back and a frown on his face.

“Hannie, we’re out of juice.” Hangeng groaned.

“And you couldn’t have called me while I was out!?” Hangeng admonished.

“I did.” Heechul said with a raised eyebrow. “You didn’t pick up the phone.” It was then that his roommate noticed the other man there who had a shocked expression on his face.

“Heechul!?” Heechul grinned brightly.

“Oh hey Siwon!” Hangeng looked between the pair and then settled his eyes on Heechul and gave him a rather menacing:

What!?” Heechul took the bag from Hangeng and glanced inside.

“Didn’t I tell you? Siwon is in my acting class, but we’ve been friends for like decades.” Hangeng clenched his fists.

“And you never-” He was cut off by his oh so irritating roommate.

“Go get the juice would you Hannie dear? See you in class Siwon.” And the door was shut in their faces. There was a weird silence, that wasn’t awkward, but wasn’t entirely comfortable either. Siwon and Hangeng looked at each other and then started laughing.

“Guess all that fighting was unnecessary after all.” Hangeng said sheepishly. “I really didn’t know he knew you.” Siwon laughed and shook his head amused.

“It’s fine; I know what he’s like.” Hangeng laughed again and then began to turn around.

“Well…I best go get that juice…Heechul’s not going to let me in if I don’t.” Siwon smiled and nodded and they both turned away from each other, but then Siwon stopped. He turned and grabbed Hangeng’s shoulder.

“Actually.” Hangeng turned to face him curiously, as he reached into his shopping bag and handed him a carton of juice. “I can live without it.” Hangeng grinned and thanked him. “No worries, just…do me a little favour?” Hangeng raised an eyebrow.

“What?”

“Go on a date with me?” The Chinese man grinned at the bouncer and nodded his head happily. He fully expected Siwon to just turn and leave but then suddenly their lips were pressed together lightly, and Hangeng had to resist pulling him closer so soon. Siwon grinned as they parted and winked at him as he finally left to go back to his dorm. He turned to knock on the door but it was already open and Heechul was leaning against the door frame smirking at him.

“Shut up and here’s your freaking juice.” Heechul cackled and held up his phone.

“Zhou Mi thinks you and Siwon are cute.” Hangeng groaned and walked inside. He knew by tomorrow, the whole freaking world would know about his date with Siwon.

Authors note: So I personally feel that this feels like it should be multiple chapters, and I have vague ideas of what could happen in it, but I want to concentrate on my 'What I go to school for' series as I have a million and one ideas for it. Although that is a series that potentially could go on for a long time, I want to at least get most of the ones I've already got planned done and then I'll possibly make this into a series.
If you guys would like to see this be made into a multi-chaptered fic or have any ideas for what could be involved in that multi chaptered fic, let me know in a comment! Thanks for reading <3

Tags: pairing: hangeng/siwon
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 23 comments