Author: Goron Kid
Pairing: HeeBum, KiHae
Rating: Overall NC-17

Previous chapters:
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three

------

When you finally come to, you find yourself soaking wet in a strange room that you've never seen before. You find it strange that you're clothed, having passed out naked; you don't remember getting dressed. The lights in the room are dim, and you can hear the sound of heavy rain outside. You sit up on this bed you find yourself on- this bed that isn't your own- and clutch your head, steadying yourself against a pillow as another dizzy spell washes over you. Maybe it's best to stay lying down for awhile. You lay back and close your eyes, deciding to reexamine your situation once you're more alert. The sound of someone sobbing softly reaches your ears, and you blink your heavy-lidded eyes open and try to look where the sound is coming from. Through your blurred vision, you see a shaking figure across the room in a beat-up armchair. You rub your eyes to clear them, and you look again to see who it is.

Donghae.

"Hyung," you whisper, your voice hoarse. Donghae lifts his head and looks at you, his eyes wide. He struggles to get out of the chair and makes his way over to the bed you're lying on. You notice that he's walking with a limp. He lets himself fall onto the bed, army-crawling across the covers over to you.

"Kibum-ah," he sighs, smiling weakly. He's soaking wet, just like you; his sleek brown hair has darkened with the moisture and is plastered messily to his face. "You're awake. Are you alright?" You can hear his voice cracking and see tears on his cheeks. He wipes his nose with his sleeve.

"I'm fine," you tell him, still bewildered by the change of scenery. You start to get up, but you're stopped by a searing pain in your backside. You wince, and Donghae holds you down by your shoulder.

"Don't try to move too much," he warns, rubbing your shoulder. "He really was rough this time, huh?" You feel a lump growing in your throat, which you swallow quickly. There's no denying things anymore- Donghae obviously knows what's going on with you and- You sit up straight, ignoring the pain shooting up your spine.

"Heechul- where is he?" you ask, biting your lip to get through the pain you're feeling. Donghae crawls closer to you, stroking your hair comfortingly.

"Don't worry, don't worry," he says soothingly. "He's far from here." You ease yourself back down to the bed with a sigh.

"Where exactly is... 'here'?" you ask.

"We're at a hotel," Donghae explains, "and Heechul can't find us here. He doesn't know we're here. It's just you and me, and you don't need to worry about him anymore." Now that he's closer to you, you're able to get a better look at him. You realize that his face is covered with bruises and cuts. You reach out a hand to stroke his cheek; he flinches when you touch a tender spot.

"Donghae-ah," you whisper, terrified, "what on earth happened to you?" His eyes dart away from you. He seems embarrassed.

"Heechul hyung... he..." Donghae pauses. He lies down slowly, and you see more bruises on his lean, muscled arms. "Well, I'll tell you the whole story," he decides, snuggling close to you. He suddenly seems very small; very childlike. Scared. You wrap a strong arm around him, careful to avoid any sore spots on him. He lets out a shaky breath. "I heard him moaning from my room," he began, "and I knew he was with you. I heard you crying out in pain, and I couldn't stand it anymore. Hyukjae and Shindong heard you too, I think, but they always pretend to be asleep when that stuff happens. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom, and I ran right into Heechul. He was really scary." Donghae buried his face into your side, and you cradle his head gently in your arms. You're getting sick to your stomach as you start to realize where your hyung's story is going. He lifts his head and rests it on your chest before continuing.

"He grabbed me by the throat," he says, showing you two purple hand marks on his neck, "and slammed me against the wall. He yelled at me and said I should mind my own business and get out of the bathroom. That's when I saw you." His eyes are beginning to water again. "You were lying there in the shower, naked and bleeding everywhere. I couldn't just leave you there... so I hit Heechul hyung in the head, and he let go of me. I ran towards you, but he grabbed me and threw me to the ground. We fought for a while." A small smile spreads across his beat-up face. "Eventually, I won. See, Heechul has the height advantage on me, but I'm more sturdy." He flexes his biceps for you, and you can't help but crack a smile.

"So," he continues, wrapping his arms around you like you're a giant teddy bear, "I managed to knock him out cold. I wasn't sure how long he'd be out, so I knew I had to get you out of there fast. I picked you up out of the shower and dragged you to your room to put some clothes on you. I hope you like my selection," he says bashfully. You look down at your clothing; you hadn't noticed it before, but you're dressed in a wide array of bright colors, and you look like a clown. You pull at the pink sweatshirt you're wearing.

"...This isn't mine," you tell Donghae. He nods sheepishly.

"Yeah, that's because you don't have any cute ones. I had to steal one from Sungminnie. Anyways, back to my story." You laugh at the silly, silly boy, hugging him close to you. He cries out in pain, and you stop squeezing him.

"Donghae! I'm sorry, hyung. I'm sorry," you say. He's clutching his ribs and shaking slightly.

"It's okay," he assures you through clenched teeth. You rub his back gently for a few minutes while he waits for the pain to fade away. Eventually, it subsides, and he collapses onto your chest, eyes dull and unfocused. You ruffle his hair, trying to get his attention.

"Yah, look at me, Donghae," you say, panicking. He's mumbling something, but you can't make out what. His eyes are half closed, and he's coughing weakly. You grab his shoulder and shake it urgently. "Donghae-ah, please. You need to finish your story." He clears his throat.

"Story..." he repeats. You lift him as carefully as possible onto your lap, holding him in your arms. You run your fingers through his damp hair, encouraging him to tell you more of what happened- not that it even matters to you at this point; you just want his mind occupied so he doesn't slip away. He clears his throat again.

"I took you outside," he says. He's starting to shiver; you take the blanket off yourself and wrap it around him. He presses himself to your chest, trying to share some of your warmth. "You wouldn't wake up, and I was scared." The tears are slipping freely down his cheeks now. You wipe them away with you sleeve and urge him to continue. "I didn't know where to go, and then it started to rain. I didn't want you to get too cold, so I knew I had to get you somewhere fast. Eventually, I found this hotel. It's a little rundown and I'm pretty sure I saw some bugs, but at least it's warm and safe." He's coughing now- rasping, hard coughs from somewhere deep in his chest. You hold him close, resting his head on your shoulder, and you continue to rub his back. He's thrashing violently as he keeps hacking, and you feel something warm trickling down your back; you reach your hand back to feel what it is, and you're horrified to see your fingers stained red. Blood. You pull Donghae back to face you, and you see a trail of crimson dripping from the corner of his mouth down to his chin. He takes in a throaty, strangled gasp before falling limp in your arms.

"Donghae-ah!"
Tags: pairing: donghae/kibum, pairing: heechul/kibum
Subscribe

• just short of perfect

pairing(s): kibum/donghae word count: 4,229 rating: PG-13 warning: au, underage activities summary: donghae is one mistake kibum doesn't…

• repost of fics from hunni23

my old journal hunni23 has been locked completely and most of the fics have been deleted, so I thought I'd do a repost of the ones I…

• Listen : Whispers (Chapter 12)

Title: Listen : Whispers Chapter: [12/?] Characters: Kyuhyun, Heechul, Yesung, Siwon, Donghae, Hangeng, Eunhyuk other SJ members might join in soon…

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 18 comments

• just short of perfect

pairing(s): kibum/donghae word count: 4,229 rating: PG-13 warning: au, underage activities summary: donghae is one mistake kibum doesn't…

• repost of fics from hunni23

my old journal hunni23 has been locked completely and most of the fics have been deleted, so I thought I'd do a repost of the ones I…

• Listen : Whispers (Chapter 12)

Title: Listen : Whispers Chapter: [12/?] Characters: Kyuhyun, Heechul, Yesung, Siwon, Donghae, Hangeng, Eunhyuk other SJ members might join in soon…