{{ a y a m e | mabudachi trio }} (hoyah) wrote in miracle______,
{{ a y a m e | mabudachi trio }}
hoyah
miracle______

• Mood:
  • Music:

mod poll! please read!

One of the things I love about this comm is how much traffic we get. At the same time, I'm beginning to see some of the reason we're getting so much posting is because a few people are posting many times a day. Which might be either intimidating for new posters, or make people tend to skip over the comm if they're not interested in reading the same writers. I was wondering... Should we put up a limit on how many times someone can post a day? I was thinking up to two or three. Please comment! This is very important.

ETA;

Some people brought up a very good point. I don't want to stop people from writing and posting their works! I just wanted to see what we could do about the congestion problem. There are suggestions of maybe bundling fics together into one post... How do you feel about that? Maybe three fics to a post (since I don't want to rework my memorying system) and if you exceed that, then you may start another post?

-♥-♥-♥-

Another thing I want to discuss is linking to fics outside the comm. I personally have no problem with that, as I have my own writing community. But some of our links out are to journals that are locked from general public viewing. I personally feel it's a little annoying to go through the process of friending someone, then waiting for them to friend you back, just to read a fic. Especially when you have to do this to read almost any fic. How do you feel about a rule where locked links out are okay so long as there's a good reason (the content of the fic is risque, the rating is R/NC-17, etc) and anything else linked out needs to be unlocked.

ETA;

I've got some suggestions so far on a grace period for fics that authors might want to lock (including R/NC-17) staying public. That is, letting a fic stay open for 24 hours or however long in order that readers can take a look without having to friend you. And if they happen to like the fic enough to want to read it again later, or like your writing enough to want to read more in the future, then they have the option of asking to be friended.

Also, someone else suggested R/NC-17 fics, if they're going to be locked at outside journals, should just be posted to the comm. All R/NC-17 fics at the comm are locked, anyway. And this means that if someone happens to stumble upon a fic after the grace period it's been kept open, they'd still be able to read it. For those who want to keep comments in one place, they can copy and paste and save for themselves later?

Please reply! Comments will be screened for now, so you can speak as you'd like. If you want your comment to be unscreened for the purpose of discussion with others, let me know! n.n

Update summary;

So I've got a lot of very interesting suggestions so far. I'll try to address some here, if you'd like to read along!

First, someone recommended bundling only ficlets together, to avoid the issue of character limits on lj posts. That is, if you're going to post a bunch of fics of 1000 words or less, it should be all in a post together. If they all have different titles, though, then I'd like only three to a post for the purpose of the tagging system.

A point about grace periods was brought up. What if someone is on hiatus, and returns to look over fic well after the grace period has ended, but still doesn't want to friend someone just for the purpose of reading a fic? Besides that, a fic posted at a community should be accessible to all community members without jumping through any hoops beyond the point of joining the community. Therefore, it's okay to link out or post to the comm so long as the fic is guaranteed to be available for all community members.

Concerning the friending to read issue, some don't want to clog up their f-list with someone's personal entries that they're not interested in. Friending fic journals might still be a problem if they're perhaps not interested in anything beyond that one fic. And it may also be annoying when one wants to unfriend a fic journal later, but that journal is still friended to theirs. Also, they may not be comfortable with letting someone they don't know having access to their personal entries just because they want to read the other person's fanfics.

Overall, it seems like there's a general consensus that linking out to locked posts is troublesome. People are a bit more ambivalent on the multiple posts a day, but I'm sure we can find a solution that will please a big majority of the community. Thanks to all those who have been participating in this discussion! n.n It's great to see you all care so much to give such lengthy and detailed responses!
Subscribe

• Desperate for A Touch

TITLE : Desperate for A Touch length : One-Shot ; 1,939 words pairing/character : WonKyuMin ;(WonKyu/Sungmin ?) genre : smut, drama rating :…

• tags

In an effort to overcome a minor problem with private tags, this entry will be held to make all tags available. Please ignore it.

• Anatomy 101 (Kyuhyun/Sungmin/Siwon)

Title: Anatomy 101 Pairings: Kyuhyun/Siwon/Sungmin Rating: Definately NC-17 Length: 3797 words. Summary: Part five of the series that contains…

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 56 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →

• Desperate for A Touch

TITLE : Desperate for A Touch length : One-Shot ; 1,939 words pairing/character : WonKyuMin ;(WonKyu/Sungmin ?) genre : smut, drama rating :…

• tags

In an effort to overcome a minor problem with private tags, this entry will be held to make all tags available. Please ignore it.

• Anatomy 101 (Kyuhyun/Sungmin/Siwon)

Title: Anatomy 101 Pairings: Kyuhyun/Siwon/Sungmin Rating: Definately NC-17 Length: 3797 words. Summary: Part five of the series that contains…