supermegafoxyawesomehot.
tentacle
miracle______

• Mood:

Positive Reinforcement.

Title: Positive Reinforcement
Rating: PG-13, I guess.
Pairing: TEETHBOY AND CHINAMAN. [translation: kikyung]
Note: It's my first time writing Suju fic... be gentle. Also, this is unbeta'd, so sorry for any mistakes.
Summary: “Are you studying?” he asks, pointing to the obnoxiously colored textbook poking out from under the bed.

As of late, Hankyung practices his speech. He is especially nervous about a few television shows coming up, even though he tries to act like it’s no big deal. He passes the others in the living room and kitchen to go to his room, shuts the door, and practices quietly to himself in the mirror. No one but Kibum notices the hangdog look on Hankyung’s face as he ignores the fun and merriment after dinner, only to shut himself away.

One night, Kibum forgoes his usual computer time and knocks softly on the door Hankyung is hiding behind.

“Hyung?”

“Uh—hold on!”

Kibum can hear shuffling papers, Hankyung moving quietly and quickly. He opens the door a crack when he hears his permission to enter. He sees the Chinese man standing in the middle of the room, hands awkwardly at his side and a slight blush on his face.

Kibum opens the door the rest of the way and stands on the threshold.

“Ne?” Hankyung flushes a deeper shade of red.

“What are you doing? Heechul-hyung rented a movie for us all to watch, and I thought maybe you’d like to…”

“I can’t.”

“Oh.”

Kibum glances around the room, trying to ignore the increasing awkwardness. He finally spots what he was looking for.

“Are you studying?” he asks, pointing to the obnoxiously colored textbook poking out from under the bed.

“Y-yes.”

“Do you want help?”

Hankyung is slightly taken aback, partially because no one has ever offered to help him study before, outside of Heechul’s terrifying lessons, and because Kibum is walking in and taking a seat on the floor, flipping through the battered textbook without waiting for his answer.

Mumbling something about needing a little tutoring, Hankyung settles on the floor about a foot and a half away, suddenly acutely aware of the distance between them. He tries to ignore that his face keeps getting redder, and he has a feeling the tops of his ears must be scarlet by now, too. Kibum is still skimming over the section the book falls open to automatically. It mentions something about spontaneous conversation, which would make sense for Hankyung to study as he was probably worrying about questions the hosts of the shows would ask him.

“Okay, so do you want me to practice interviewing you?”

“I—uh, sure.” Hankyung can nearly feel the heat radiating from his cheeks.

“Right, so I’m going to throw some really weird stuff in here to keep you on your toes, and you have to act like you’re really talking to a host.”

At this point, Hankyung is profoundly grateful that Kibum is helping him instead of any other member, because they would bring wigs and random objects to substitute as microphones which would only embarrass him more than he already is and make him more likely to mess up. He nods and sits up straight, looking at Kibum and pretending he has never met him before in his life. Kibum looks up at him and smiles, preparing the first of many cumbersome inquiries.

After about a half an hour of answering questions like what his favorite food is, who is he closest to in the band, what does he miss most about China, and many others besides, Hankyung starts to feel like he actually knows what he’s doing and stops feeling like a nervous wreck.

“So, Hankyung-ssi! Who was your first kiss and how did it happen?”

Kibum could practically see the confidence Hankyung had stored up drain right out of him.

“I—uh, actually, I…”

The younger man tries to recover by giving him advice.

“No matter what your situation is, it’s better just to make up a really interesting story…”

“—I haven’t kissed anyone…”

They both stop talking at the same time and stare at each other.

“Never?” Kibum peeps at Hankyung through his bangs, putting the textbook that is on his lap aside.

He shakes his head no and tries to avoid making eye contact, afraid that one glimpse will see right through any protection he’s put up, trying to pretend that it is really a reporter talking to him instead of someone who he has a strange attraction to, someone who boosts his anxiety level even when he’s not studying.

The next thing Hankyung knows is that Kibum is on all fours, leaning forward, pressing soft lips against his.
Tags: pairing: hangeng/kibum
Subscribe

• Somewhere in the Jungle

title: somewhere in the jungle author: skullchi pairing: changmin/victoria/kyuhyun length: words 2,338 rating: g summary: never let me go polyamory…

• SM High (1/?)

Title: SM High Other Fandoms: DBSK, Shinee Rating: PG-13 Pairings: Changkyu, Yunjae, 2Min, YooSu (and other side pairings) Genre: Romance,…

• This Ain't No Heaven (1/?)

Title: This Ain't No Heaven Chapter: 1/? Pairing: Changkyu (main), YunJae, YooSu Genre: Romance, Humour Rating: PG-13 Length: Chaptered Summary:…

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 14 comments

• Somewhere in the Jungle

title: somewhere in the jungle author: skullchi pairing: changmin/victoria/kyuhyun length: words 2,338 rating: g summary: never let me go polyamory…

• SM High (1/?)

Title: SM High Other Fandoms: DBSK, Shinee Rating: PG-13 Pairings: Changkyu, Yunjae, 2Min, YooSu (and other side pairings) Genre: Romance,…

• This Ain't No Heaven (1/?)

Title: This Ain't No Heaven Chapter: 1/? Pairing: Changkyu (main), YunJae, YooSu Genre: Romance, Humour Rating: PG-13 Length: Chaptered Summary:…