?

No account? Create an account

09 September 2009 @ 12:32 pm
[mod post] Suggestion Post  
Do you have any questions or concerns about the community? Any suggestions on how we can better run it? Ideas for things that we could impliment? Maybe you want to know why we do something the way that we do? Or just an opinion you want us to consider? This is the post to leave it in! We run this community for you, and we would like to know the things our members find do or don't work for it, and how you feel we could improve our running of the place.

We can't say that we'd be able to do all, or even any of the suggestions that may come up, but we will definitely consider and discuss any that may arise! We're always trying to think of ways that we can improve, but please bear in mind that this is a huge community designed to be a place for anyone and everyone to come to, post in, read from, and share their fanworks, and as always with large communities, there is no way to please everyone.

But first and foremost, we cannot better ourselves, this community, and the way we run it unless our members tell us what it is they want to see (or not see)! And this is where you come in. So if you have anything you want to say to the mods, to suggest or to know; if there's a question you would like us to answer, or just something you think that we could add to the comm, please comment to this post! If we can't see what you think about something, we can't do anything about it :(

All comments will be screened and kept confidential!
And because posts get easily overtaken here, the link to this one can be found in the link list on the community main page, along with links to every other important post you may need! :)
Tags:

(Screened comment)
{{ a y a m e | mabudachi trio }}hoyah on September 14th, 2009 10:22 pm (UTC)
Old is essentially anything that doesn't fall into that two week before the rec post is made. :) We don't want to limit it too much - as long as they aren't reccing the same fic that was recced three weeks ago, then it shouldn't be a problem.
vaguelyinnocent: Lee Donghae 1vaguelyinnocent on September 15th, 2009 07:50 am (UTC)
Oh, I forgot.
I know you guys are out of tags but, like, when you move all the fics into the new archive, perhaps you could add one based on all the ratings? idk if you've taken that into account. ^^ =3
luminous beingtaylormercury on September 15th, 2009 09:00 am (UTC)
I answered the same question in an earlier comment! You can see our thoughts on that idea as I laid them out here!
(Screened comment)
luminous being: donghae - faces of a dorktaylormercury on October 12th, 2009 10:17 pm (UTC)
Actually we've held a couple of secret santa exchanges in the past! We haven't thought that far ahead about holding one this year yet, but we are currently holding a community contest at the moment, if you're interested in entering that!
(no subject) - hoyah on October 12th, 2009 11:26 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(Screened comment)
luminous being: cinhae - heartstaylormercury on October 20th, 2009 08:46 pm (UTC)
I'm sorry! It's usually me that deals with updating the links like that, and real life obligations had me forgetting to do so! It's been updated now though, so thank you for reminding me!

And in future, if there are any specific posts like that that you're looking for, there will either be a tag for it, or it will be in the important links on the main page sidebar (and probably both XD;) hopefully that will reduce any future searching for you!
(Screened comment)
{{ a y a m e | mabudachi trio }}hoyah on November 9th, 2009 05:06 pm (UTC)
it is? 8D; tbh we hadn't even noticed.
(Screened comment)
(no subject) - hoyah on November 10th, 2009 02:47 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - taylormercury on November 10th, 2009 06:38 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - hoyah on November 10th, 2009 11:08 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(Screened comment)
luminous beingtaylormercury on November 22nd, 2009 05:25 pm (UTC)
Thanks a lot for your suggestion! This was actually a point that we'd been wondering about for awhile now, but with so many people following this text adjusting trend, and no one telling us if it annoyed them or not, we weren't sure that it was a rule worth implimenting. But thanks to your suggestion, we're definitely discussing this point!
(Screened comment)
{{ a y a m e | mabudachi trio }}hoyah on November 29th, 2009 12:03 am (UTC)
Re: help
preview? well the post itself won't show the cut - you'd ahve to go to the lj comm to see the cut.

try the cut at your journal, then go to your journal (not the post itself, just your journal) and you'll see if the cut works
(Screened comment)
{{ a y a m e | mabudachi trio }}hoyah on November 30th, 2009 05:08 am (UTC)
^^; we're in the process of re-vamping our system

we're moving author tags into the mems and moving title keywords in the mems to tags. it's... going to be a long process
terra_forensisterra_forensis on December 3rd, 2009 03:43 pm (UTC)
Maybe you could allow the members to tag their own posts for better organization? So people won't have to look through day and day in the archive to find a fic they've read but can't remember who wrote or something? :)
luminous beingtaylormercury on December 3rd, 2009 06:18 pm (UTC)
Once we have finished re-organising our archiving/tagging system, we will let members tag their own posts.
(no subject) - hoyah on December 3rd, 2009 06:22 pm (UTC) (Expand)
(Screened comment)
{{ a y a m e | mabudachi trio }}hoyah on December 16th, 2009 02:21 am (UTC)
:D Will check with the other mods, but if you have all that info handy, then that would be awesome. We could even link to the post in the sidebar or something.
(Screened comment)
(no subject) - hoyah on December 18th, 2009 05:05 am (UTC) (Expand)
(Screened comment)
{{ a y a m e | mabudachi trio }}hoyah on December 23rd, 2009 08:32 pm (UTC)
it's a suggestion! (i think i know which post you're referring to - and we're talking to them about it personally)

will see what the other mods think. i think what you're proposing is sensible :)
(Deleted comment)
{{ a y a m e | mabudachi trio }}hoyah on December 25th, 2009 09:47 pm (UTC)
sure :)
(Screened comment)
{{ a y a m e | mabudachi trio }}hoyah on January 3rd, 2010 02:49 pm (UTC)
We're still working on it. :) coyotecolored has a system and it's kind of slow, but steady.
(Screened comment)
luminous beingtaylormercury on February 22nd, 2010 10:38 pm (UTC)
Yes, for now you'll just have to go back through the community for yourself and have a look at what's already been posted. If there is a specific fic you are looking for and cannot remember who wrote it, you can always use the Request Post, which is located on the community main page, but please use that post sparingly if at all, as it is kind members of the community that will answer requests, if they can remember themselves.

Otherwise, yes, it's looking back through the comm pages until the tags are updated.
(Screened comment)
luminous beingtaylormercury on March 9th, 2010 07:48 pm (UTC)
We haven't discussed the next contest yet, as we were waiting for enough time to have passed since the secret santa and all the other holiday fic things that happened, but I will mention it with the other mods and we'll discuss it, and see if we have enough time between us to run a contest soon!