{{ a y a m e | mabudachi trio }}
hoyah
miracle______

2009 crossover contest: entry 1

Title: Explanations
Characters: Henry, Yunho, Kyuhyun
Rating: G
Summary: Yunho has questions for his runner
Author's Note: This is an AU in which Yunho and Geng are leaders of allied gangs. They have the city divided into two sides and each run half.

"Yunho-sshi, you wanted to talk to me?" Henry asked, poking his head into his boss' office. It was late, almost midnight, and Henry knew he wouldn't be sent on a run. That left him slightly clueless as to why he was being summoned.

"I have a few questions for you," Yunho-sshi replied. He motioned to the chair facing his desk. "Have a seat."

Henry took the seat, confused. "What sorts of questions?" he asked. He sat, back ramrod straight and completely on edge.

"What is your connection to Han Gen?" Yunho-sshi asked. He put his pen lightly on top of a pile of papers and folded his hands on his desk.

Henry brightened considerably. "He's my favorite gege," he replied. "He's always taking care of me and helps me whenever I ask." He leaned back in the chair, more comfortable with the topic of conversation.

"Your favorite what?" Yunho-sshi asked.

"Gege," Henry said. "It's like hyung."

Yunho-sshi leaned forward, looking critically at Henry. "How long have you known him?"

Henry pursed his lips, eyes cast upward as he considered the question. "Since I was almost 8," he said after a moment's thought.

"How did you meet?" Yunho-sshi asked.

Henry blushed lightly as he remembered.

Henry sat down on the steps leading up to an apartment building that looked a lot like his own, but was definitely not where he lived. He sniffed as he tugged his sleeve down over his hand and rubbed at his eyes, refusing to actually cry over this. He couldn't quite keep the tears from slipping down his chubby cheeks.

"I haven't seen you before. Are you new?" Henry started and looked up at the young boy in front of him. He shook his head, sniffling and hiccupping. "Why are you crying?" The boy crouched in front of Henry.

"I'm lost!" he sobbed. He threw his arms around the older boy's neck and cried as hard as he ever had. "Wanna go home!"

The boy patted Henry's back and picked him up off the ground. Henry wrapped his legs tightly around the boy's waist. "What's your name?" he asked. "I뭢 Han Geng."

Henry sniffed as he tightened his hold on the boy's neck. "Lau Henry," he said through sniffles. He tightened his fingers around Geng's shirt. "Can Gege take me home?"

"Do you know where home is?" he asked. Henry nodded and recited his address. His mother had made him memorize it. "You're a very long way from home," he commented.

"Bullies were chasing me. I ran and ran and ran until I couldn뭪 see them anymore," Henry said. He buried his face in the boys shoulder.

Geng patted Henry's back as he started walking. He kept Henry talking until Henry's sniffling stopped and he fell asleep in the boy's arms.

"Once he got me home he gave me his number so I could call if I found myself on that side of town again. I ended up calling him every day just because I could," Henry finished.

Yunho-sshi sat back, thoughtful. "He saved my life to protect you," he mused. "It wasn't about wanting power or his opinion of me at all."

Henry pushed his mouth to the side slightly. "Mm, I don't know. He knows I like working for you," he said. "He also knows he can control the area better than the moron was."

Yunho-sshi quirked his eyebrow. "He's confident."

"So are you," Henry replied. He got to his feet, a big grin on his face. "I'm going to make sure gege doesn't work too hard. See you tomorrow, Yunho-sshi." He left, an energy in his step he didn't have when he walked in.

Yunho sat, mulling over this new information. A knock on his door drew him from his thoughts. "Come in," he called.

Kyuhyun stepped in, file in hand, and settled into the chair Henry had vacated not long before. "The information on your new ally," he said. He set the file down on Yunho's desk. "He won't go to war with you so long as Henry works for you. He has a soft spot the size of china for our little runner."

"You're sure about that?" Yunho asked.

Kyuhyun nodded and rose, sleek and graceful as he always was. "If you have any questions after you read my report, let me know."

"I will," Yunho replied. He settled back in his chair with the file, pursuing the information on his ally. It would be so much easier if he didn't have to worry about the other gang trying to off him at random.
Tags: contest: 2009 crossover, subject: henry, subject: kyuhyun
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 11 comments