cho_min
miracle______

• Music:

I wish it was warm enough to rain...

Title: Umbrella
Author: cho_min
Rating: G
Paring(s): Ryeowook/Kyuhyun
Inspiration: This was written for sketchglitch, 'cause she won at the sheep guessing game and asked for a Kyuwook, possibly set on a rainy day, and I'm incapable of thinking of Ryeowook on a rainy day without thinking of the fact that he never has an umbrella (which I think is a little dumb, but there you go... no one asked me :P), and so you get this^^;;
Genre: fluff ^^ ('cause I'm aparently incapable of much else ^^;;)
Comments: um... I suck at Kyuhyun? I don't know... I don't really know much about Kyu, 'cause he hasn't cycled through being my favourite yet, and therefore he's kind of amorphous, personality-wise...
Summary: Ryeowook reveals why he never has an umbrella

“Ryeowook! Where’s your umbrella?”

Ryeowook turned to the owner of the voice, smiling upon seeing that it was Kyuhyun, splashing towards him through ankle deep puddles, holding a light blue umbrella over his head.

“I don’t have one!” Ryeowook called back.

“Why wouldn’t you have an umbrella?” Kyuhyun asked, now within speaking distance.

Ryeowook shrugged.

“I’m told sharing an umbrella is really romantic in Japan. Maybe if I don’t carry an umbrella, I’ll meet my soul mate.” Ryeowook laughed.

“Is that so?” Kyuhyun asked, unconsciously taking Ryeowook underneath his umbrella.

“So I’m told.” Ryeowook replied, not noticing that he was now protected from the rain.

“That seems like a weird idea.” Kyuhyun mused, starting to walk back towards the dorm, leading Ryeowook with him. “I used to share an umbrella with my mom all the time, but I really doubt we’re meant for each other.”

“I don’t think it applies to family members.” Ryeowook explained.

“Oh. Well I also shared an umbrella with the kid who lived across the street one time, when he forgot his.” Kyuhyun said, pouting. “Does that mean that he and I are soul mates?”

“I don’t think it works with kids.” Ryeowook said after a moment’s thought.

“Oh. I guess that makes sense.” Kyuhyun replied. “What about them?” Kyuhyun pointed to a group of five or so girls walking down the street, all clumped under one large umbrella.

“There’s too many of them to be soul mates.” Ryeowook decided. “It has to be a pair.”

“Like them?” Kyuhyun asked, pointing at a couple with the hand not holding the umbrella.

“Yes.” Ryeowook said, after a moment of careful consideration. “Like them.” The he laughed, “I can almost see the red thread tying them together.”

“Ah, we’re back.” Kyuhyun stated, staring up at the apartment complex.

Ryeowook stepped inside, holding the door open for Kyuhyun, who quickly closed his umbrella, and stepped inside.

Several minutes later found Ryeowook sitting on the window box, looking out at the rain. Kyuhyun entered the room holding two mugs of tea. He handed one to Ryeowook, then sat down opposite his hyung.

“It’s just occurred to me,” he started, “that we shared an umbrella all the way home.”

“Oh.” Ryeowook looked towards Kyuhyun, surprised. “I guess we did.”

“So...” Kyuhyun paused for a moment, unsure whether to continue or not. He took a sip of tea, then decided to throw caution to the wind and ask anyway, “What about us?”

“What about us?” Ryeowook asked, tilting his head to the side.

“Well, we shared an umbrella, so...” Kyuhyun trailed off again, a light blush creeping across his cheeks.

“Hmm... well, I’m not your mother.” Ryeowook began, counting off on his fingers, “we’re not children, and there were only two of us. We seem to fit all the criteria...” Ryeowook, too, trailed off.

“So… how do we find out?” Kyuhyun asked, looking at Ryeowook through dark bangs.

“Hmm… I think I know a way, but you’ll have to close your eyes.” Ryeowook said.

Kyuhyun did as he was told, slipping his eyes shut. He felt Ryeowook take his mug of tea from his hand, and heard I thump lightly as it was placed to the side. Then, without warning, Ryeowook’s lips were pressed against his own. Kyuhyun smiled into the kiss, pressing back lightly, one arm sliding around Ryeowook’s shoulders. After a moment, Ryeowook pulled back, a shy smile on his face.

“So… what do you think?” Ryeowook asked, fidgeting.

“It’s hard to tell, really.” Kyuhyun answered, “We might have to try again.”

----------------------------------------------------------------

So... the ending was, as usual, kind of sucky and cliche, but maybe that works? I dunno... Also, I have no idea if that umbrella thing carries over into other asian cultures, but for the purposes of this story, it doesn't... (I can do that, 'cause it's fiction^^;;)
sketchglitch, hopefully this is somewhat like what you wanted? If not, feel free to request something else / a rewrite, 'cause I'm always up for things to distract me from studying for my exam :P Also, I apologize for the shortness...
....I honestly thought I had more to say at the end of this one, but I guess not... enjoy?
Tags: pairing: ryeowook/kyuhyun
Subscribe

Recent Posts from This Community

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 32 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt