xendlesssorrowx (xendlesssorrowx) wrote in miracle______,
xendlesssorrowx
xendlesssorrowx
miracle______

• Music:
"Unattainable Things" (Thank you pawhingo 8D<3
Kyumin & others; pg13; AU, romance, angst

Kyuhyun wangja isn't very excited about becoming the king. Even so, he doesn't bother trying to stop himself from being one since it's something that's been expected of him since the moment he was born. But when a certain male by the name of Lee Sungmin steps into his life, pleasing the ones around him doesn't seem so important anymore. Unbeknownst to Kyuhyun, the only thing he'll ever truly want will never become his; at least, not in this lifetime.

birthday fic for miljnte + I've always wanted to write a historic themed fic for kyumin XD && special thanks to my beta, cartoon_news

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chpater 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 7:

Chapter 7

Sungmin grinned widely at Hyukjae as he walked towards his cousin, "All ready to go?"

"Yeah." Hyukjae paused, worry in his eyes, "You're not going to cry again—Ouch! What was that for?!" Hyukjae yelled as he rubbed his sore shoulder.

"I didn't cry, dummy." Sungmin stuck his tongue out childishly, "Boys don’t cry, you know!" Hyukjae rolled his eyes as he embraced his older cousin.

"You worry me, you know that?" Hyukjae chuckled as he let go.

"Yeah," Sungmin grinned widely, "I know."

Both Hyukjae and Sungmin turned their attention to the merchant when Hyukjae's name was called, signifying their departure. Sungmin sighed, "Bye?" Hyukjae laughed awkwardly.

"Bye, Sungmin. Take care."

0x0x0

The prince sighed in boredom as he continued to doodle on his work. His teacher had been called down and told Kyuhyun to stay there and work.

The prince groaned as he realized what he had doodled—or to be precise, written.

"성민♥" (A/N: it's obvious whose name is written here…XD)

The prince immediately scribbled out the name, hoping his teacher didn't know how to read words under scribbles.

It hadn't been a minute after his accident before Kyuhyun had found himself staring into space, wondering which play he should go see next. He was snapped out of his thoughts when the door opened. He had expected to see his teacher, but instead was met by the person Kyuhyun had been dreaming about all week.

Out of excitement, he stood up quickly causing his chair to fall, "Oops." Kyuhyun mentally beat himself up as he realized he was acting like a maid in love with her extremely handsome master. "Um, anyways." He coughed as he regained his posture, "Yes, hyung?" Sungmin's laughter was music to his ears.

"I just wanted to come and say sorry—" Sungmin fiddled with the hem of his shirt, "Because—you know—aish, Kyuhyun, I—sorry for acting strange yesterday." Kyuhyun cocked up his left eyebrow.

"You don't have to apologize."

"I know." Sungmin gave Kyuhyun a small smile, "But I wanted to."

Kyuhyun smiled gently, "Alright."

"Yeah." Sungmin returned the smile.

Silence.

"I—" Both of them began, "You—" They both grinned at each other, "You go first—" Laughter filled the room.

"What is it, Kyu?" Sungmin asked as he calmed down.

"It's nothing," The taller of the two fiddled with his fingers, "I just wanted you to have a seat." Sungmin grinned.

"Aww, you're so sweet." He cooed as if Kyuhyun were a baby and ruffled the younger's hair.

The younger scowled and swatted Sungmin's hand away, "Not a kid!" The other laughed as he sat down on the chair beside the Prince's. As Kyuhyun began to sit down again, the door slammed opened and in came his teacher.

"Wangja!" Kyuhyun's teacher screamed, "It's your father—" Kyuhyun stood up immediately, his chair falling to the floor again.

He didn't pick it back up this time.

0x0x0

"Oh—" The Queen cried in distress as she saw her step-son, "Kyuhyun!" She immediately grabbed his upper arms to stop herself from collapsing, "Oh—I—Oh—my god—I—I—I—shouldn't have left—oh my god—this is my fault—" Kyuhyun immediately held his step mother tightly as she cried.

To tell you the truth, Kyuhyun was surprised at his mother's behavior recently. Confessing that she loves Kyuhyun, not picking fights with him, not being her usually narcissistic self, being kind for once, and now this stressed out and distressed woman?

Kyuhyun shoved all these thoughts to the back of his mind as he realized there were more important things to worry about. "Oh my god." She sobbed, "Han—" She held her head in her hands, "I shouldn't have left him."

Despite the situation, Sungmin look at Kyuhyun warmly. Although sometime unfortunate was going on, it was nice to see Kyuhyun being so kind to his mother as opposed to how he had been acting around her the other day.

When the door opened, everyone outside the King's bedroom turned their heads to a young and handsome looking doctor—looking no older than 21—a relieved grin on his face, "He's okay now, Ma'am." Both Kyuhyun and his mother had relieved looks on their faces, as did everyone else present.

"Can we see him?" Kyuhyun asked eagerly.

"Yeah." The doctor smiled.

"Thank you, Kibum." The Queen said as he rushed past the doctor, Kyuhyun on her tail.

As Sungmin was about to leave, he jumped as a land landed on his shoulder. He turned around to see his mother, "Mom…"

"You weren't lying, were you—" For a split second, her eyes had darkened, "—when you told me you knew the prince."

"Yeah," Sungmin felt that something was going to happen, "Why would I lie about that?"

"Sungmin…" She looked at him straight in the eye, "Come with me, I need to tell you something."

0x0x0

"Who was he?" Kyuhyun dropped his fork onto his plate as his mother asked him that.

"…What?" He replied as he regained his composure and picked up the fork, "Who is 'he'?"

"That boy that came with you and the teacher." The Queen gave the Prince a grin that suggested many things—to Kyuhyun's relief. The Queen was beginning to act like herself again, "Well?"

"He's just a friend." He began to eat again.

"A special friend, right?" She wiggled her eyebrows as Kyuhyun choked a bit on his food.

"No!" He immediately defended himself as he drank his water. The Queen laughed merrily (Kyuhyun noticed traces of evil in her laughter) as she replied, "Riiight."

"He is!" He growled as he continued to eat.

"Right. If he's just a normal friend, why are you getting so defensive all of a sudden?" He immediately beat himself mentally as the Queen laughed (more like cackled) again.

"Anyways," She smiled at Kyuhyun warmly—the prince could feel the goose bumps on his arms because of how nice the Queen looked, "You better do the right thing. Like I said before, I love you, so I don’t want you to end up being hurt."

"Yeah, yeah," Kyuhyun looked down to hide his embarrassment, "I know."

That warm smile was changed into a sad one as Kyuhyun left the dining table after they were finished. The Queen sat there, thinking about the conversation she had earlier with the King after Kyuhyun had left.

"Hey," The King looked his wife weakly, "Ah, this sucks."

"Idiot." The Queen replied as she sad down on the side of the bed, "Go rest."

"I'm not tired," The King said as he held the Queen's hand tenderly, "I want to be with you right now." The Queen was kept quiet as the King continued, "You and I both realize that I don't have much time left, right?" The Queen covered her eyes with her free hand as the King squeezed her other hand, "Take care of Kyuhyun for me, okay? Make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes I did." The King smiled warmly and for a moment, the Queen realized how much Kyuhyun's smile resembled his father's.

"Hah, of course I'll take care of that idiot." She smiled, "I'm not that cold hearted, you know."

The King laughed, "Yes, I know that Heechul." He stroked the Queen's face.

"That's good." She smiled as she said the King's name tenderly, "Hankyung." The King smiles and squeezes his queen's hand tenderly once again.

0x0x0

Sungmin stared at his mother confusedly, "What?" He shook his head, "Why?" Sungmin furrowed his eyebrows, "Why should I stop being friends with wangja?" His mother sighed, frustrated.

"Just don't talk to him anymore!" She growled, "You understand?" Sungmin started at his mother.

"No," Sungmin whispered as he got up from where he was sitting on a bench in the rose gardens, thinking about the day he met the Prince here in the rose gardens, "No, I don't understand."

Sungmin headed back to the castle as his mother stayed at the bench, tears of frustration rolling down her face.

'Sungmin,' She though angrily, 'If only I could find the words tell you.'

Chapter 7 fin.

I think I'm making everything flow too fast OTZ what do you guys think?
omg, did you guys listen to the full preview of sorry sorry yet? OMGGG
Tags: pairing: sungmin/kyuhyun
Subscribe

• Every Mistake

Title: Every Mistake Author: sichulonly Main Couple: DBSK Shim Changmin and SuJu Kim Kibum (Minbum / Changbum / Changki. Changmin is Seme.) Sub…

• [NC-17, Sichul] Immutable by Fidomom

Title: Immutable Author: Fidomom Rating: NC-17 Pairings/Characters: Sichul, Brian Joo (likely OOC), Hankyung, mention of Ryeowook and Kibum,…

• winter blossom (5/10)

Title: Winter Blossom Pairing:Siwon/Heechul, Yunho/Jaejoong Rating: R Warnings: dubcon, historical inaccuracies, mature themes Word Count: 25K+…

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 13 comments

• Every Mistake

Title: Every Mistake Author: sichulonly Main Couple: DBSK Shim Changmin and SuJu Kim Kibum (Minbum / Changbum / Changki. Changmin is Seme.) Sub…

• [NC-17, Sichul] Immutable by Fidomom

Title: Immutable Author: Fidomom Rating: NC-17 Pairings/Characters: Sichul, Brian Joo (likely OOC), Hankyung, mention of Ryeowook and Kibum,…

• winter blossom (5/10)

Title: Winter Blossom Pairing:Siwon/Heechul, Yunho/Jaejoong Rating: R Warnings: dubcon, historical inaccuracies, mature themes Word Count: 25K+…