Title: Last Song
Author: BG
Rating: PG
Pairing: ShinDongxSungMin
Disclaimer: Don’t own them. I don’t own anything recognisable
Prompt: “I Don’t Care.”
Comment: For furutsu

If you are interested, my other works are here

From this list here, Please if you can help I would so appreciate it!!

Teaser:It is what it is. I am who I am. You are you. You already know how I feel.

“You shouldn’t want to be with me.”

“What do you mean?”

“The others…everyone….they’ll talk…”

“I don’t care! Who are they to dictate what I want, what I feel, who I want to be with? The only person whose opinion I care about, the only one who can turn me down is you. And even if you disagree I can’t turn off what I feel like you can a light switch. It isn’t that easy.”

“But…but…”

“But nothing. It is what it is. I am who I am. You are you. You already know how I feel.”

I watched him walk away; his usually cheery face drawn and tight with overwhelming emotion. I felt weak at the knees. Why was this happening to me? Why now? We had been friends for so long and now….and now it was something different. Why did he always make everything so difficult? He has that ability to waltz into your life and just make it unbelievably complicated and then waltz right out again.”

I watched until I couldn’t see him anymore.

I wondered to myself. Is he going to walk away from me? If I let myself fall for him will he love me and then leave me when he finds someone he loves more. SungMin never lies. He told me he loves me. I believe him. I just don’t know if he loves me now in this moment or if he loves me for tomorrow and next week and three months from now.

This is why I don’t want to give in. It is for this reason, this uncertainty that I am afraid. I know if I let myself fall, I will fall completely and totally in love with him. Am I selfish for wanting to protect my heart from pain?

xXx

“ShingDong Hyung?”

“Yeah?”

I look up from my book. I already know it is him. I know he has been standing in the doorway for good on three minutes now, just watching me. I can feel my heart beat just a little bit faster as I notice his eyes on me.

I don’t understand. I’m not vain enough to believe that I’m good looking. I mean, I’m not repulsive – I have hair and all my teeth and the like – but compared to the other eleven boys we interact with on a daily basis I’m not even in the same league.

Why would he possibly want me when he could have any one of them? What could he possibly see in me? Why?

“You think too much Hyung.”

“Eh?”

“You think I’m so shallow to go by looks alone?”

“Well. No of course not.”

“Then why is it so hard for you to believe that I want to be with you?”

“Aren’t you worried…”

“No. I don’t care what other people think. I mean, I do…of course…I mean I want them to like me as a person and respect me as an artist but if I let the outside dictate every part of my life then it really isn’t my life at all is it?”

I didn’t know what to say. Never had I heard such serious words come from him. I waited to see what he said next.

“If you honestly don’t want to be with me, then I guess I will have to learn to live with that but if you are hesitating because you are unsure if I love you or not, I give you my word that I do. I can’t promise forever and ever because that would be foolish. I don’t know what will happen next week let alone ten years from now. But I can honestly say that I want to be with you. You make me laugh, you make me smile and you make me feel safe. I don’t care what others think. I don’t care what others will say.”

“I…”

“ShinDong, I just want you to save the last dance for me.”

I let him take my hand in his. I let him place it over his racing heart and for the first time I realize that for his all his sure words and cool stance he is just as nervous as me. He doesn’t know what the future holds. It would be stupid for me to hold out on what could be my happiness because of uncertainty about all the tomorrows that the future holds.

Save the last dance.

For him.

I can do that.

xXx

A/N: OMG I have no idea what I was thinking O_O I don’t even know if it makes proper sense. I hope what I meant comes across in my ramblings.

Be safe
-BG

Current Music: Shadow VI II I - The GazettE

whatweaselbee on March 7th, 2007 04:26 pm (UTC)
a shindong story!!
whatweaselbee on March 7th, 2007 04:29 pm (UTC)
aaaaahhh, i like it! as much as i love shindong, there's only so many of the boys i can see him being with, and sungmin is one of them. they're such a fun team! i could never imagine him with a quiet one like yehsung. there definitely aren't enough dongie stories out there... it was good though, cute!! <3

you win today! :D
BG: H.I.Mlrigelbbub on March 7th, 2007 10:28 pm (UTC)
Thanks bunches! I'm glad you like it. Yeah me neither. This kind of just wrote itself late[ish] last night. Usually I have so much trouble writing ShinDong. Thank you!
be safe
-BG
{ howling at the autumn moon  }+{ s h i g u r e }: Mehyperballad on March 7th, 2007 09:29 pm (UTC)
Loves it! ♥

ShinMin is serious love, dude. More people need to write it.
BG: H.I.Mlrigelbbub on March 7th, 2007 09:55 pm (UTC)
I'm glad you like it. I find it hard to write ShinDong [and SungMin] for that matter so I'm just happy that you didn't think it sucked!! ^o^
be safe
-BG
『defto』deftonsita on March 7th, 2007 10:12 pm (UTC)
I really like it, no many people writes this kind of ShinDong :D
BG: H.I.Mlrigelbbub on March 7th, 2007 10:29 pm (UTC)
I'm happy you like it! Thanks heaps for reading!!
be safe
-BG
ネス-ちゃん です~!♡kakigori on March 7th, 2007 10:37 pm (UTC)
Awwww~ ShinMin! ♥
BG: H.I.Mlrigelbbub on March 7th, 2007 10:40 pm (UTC)
Thanks bunches for reading!!
be safe
-BG
(Deleted comment)
BG: H.I.Mlrigelbbub on March 8th, 2007 07:30 am (UTC)
Heh^^ I'm so glad you liked it! I was worried that I would completely fail at writing ShinDong... Thank you!
be safe
-BG
柏木MIAfurutsu on March 8th, 2007 04:15 pm (UTC)
THIS IS MIIINE.
柏木MIA: hyukmin 2furutsu on March 8th, 2007 04:32 pm (UTC)
*CRIES HARD*

SO FREAKING CUTE!
WORRIED!SHINDONG AND IDON'TCARENESS!SUNGMINNIE *O*

ILU~ <3 THAAANKS
BG: H.I.Mlrigelbbub on March 8th, 2007 10:17 pm (UTC)
Heh...I'm just so glad that you liked it!! I thought it was going to be a huge pile of failage o.O Why are they so hard to write? T_T wahh....
Anyways. Thank you for the prompt and you are most welcome!
be safe
-BG
elvenknight16elvenknight16 on September 10th, 2010 06:09 pm (UTC)
Love it!
Aww so sweet and cute. <3 <3