11 January 2007 @ 06:29 pm
Fic | KyuHyun Loved His Hyung | PG  

Title: KyuHyun Loved His Hyung
Rating: PG
Pairing: KyuMin
Genre: fluff
Notes: written for xcolorwalk
Summary: KyuHyun muses on why SungMin = TEH WIN
Disclaimer:This is a work of fiction, any resemblence to actual places or eventsis purely coincidental. This has been written without the consent of thereal people portrayed.

KyuHyun loved his hyung, really. SungMin was neither a great singer, nor a great actor, but he was a great person and really, that's what was important.

KyuHyun liked SungMin because Hyung was a better person than he could ever be. And he wasn't just being self-deprecating like RyeoWook when he went on his "I can't sing" tagents, KyuHyun knew that deep down he was a bad person. What kind of decent son joined the competition, after all?

KyuHyun's father was the big producer of DSP and he had big plans for his son who could mimic better than a tape recorder, but KyuHyun didn't want to be known as the world's best parrot, he wanted to sing his own songs in his own style. Joining SM gave him that chance.

KyuHyun knew the recruiting process for the entertainment industry, so it was easy to weasel his way into trainee status. A change of name was all it took for him to be just another Rising Star with a golden voice.

KyuHyun was approached by SungMin first, as he should have been, since you shouldn't approach your elders with criticisms, but instead of the lavish praise that everyone else had given his voice, SungMin merely asked him if he thought his shirt was too pink and maybe should he get a new detergent because, really, it was fading into too light of a shade.

KyuHyun was taken aback. It was random to the extreme, but it was so…sincere that he didn't know how to respond. No one had genuinely asked his opinion before and for the first time to be on an appropriate shade of pink and new clothing soap? "I don't know anything about washing clothes, so I don't know if there's anything wrong."

KyuHyun was floored when his hyung responded. "I don't know much about singing, so don't feel bad if I don't tell you you're amazing."

KyuHyun took special pains to watch SungMin after that fateful day. He watched his interactions with the others, his savoring sweet pumpkin porridge that EeTeuk had somehow gotten him and he even watched SungMin wash his clothes so that maybe he'd have some real response the next time.

KyuHyun eventually noticed that SungMin took care of everyone. He diffused fights between KangIn and KiBum, he kept YehSung out of the kitchen and made sure HanKyung always had SiWon's new phone number once the old one slipped into fangirl hands.

KyuHyun realized that SungMin would never betray his family, would never betray his brothers in Super Junior. When YoonHo was poisoned by anti-fans, he learned that SungMin viewed all of SM Town as his family.

KyuHyun said, after a perfect rehearsal and one of SungMin's more inane antics, "The only things I can compare you to are the black keys on a piano: sometimes sharp, sometimes flat, but never natural."

SungMin just smiled.

Current Music: Silly Love Song * Paran * Beyond The Blue Sky

skim: 규재 - 좋아!xcolorwalk on January 12th, 2007 02:31 am (UTC)
sdafslkjhjekr T_____T kldsaflerowiejklvmnbsnkjtr.

KyuHyun, why are you so T_T <2

KYUMIN OTP BECAUSE KYUHYUN THINKS SUNGMIN IS THE BEST HYUNG OUT THERE 8DDDD
sdfkjvckvbnmlankjehr *shoots self*

His fasha D:
Tony: Chun - 'O'-正.反.合thisistony on January 12th, 2007 02:46 am (UTC)
Kyu = love.

HE SO DOES, YOU KNOW IT

Actually, my Korean friend is convinced that Kyu was a DSP trainee because of his parroting skills, but I told her DSP would never let the boy go if they had him, sooooo XD ♥
Soriendlessxmoment on January 12th, 2007 02:43 am (UTC)
jkfd KyuMin is the best! Omfg *dies* Sung Min knows IRL that he loves Kyu Hyun, but he's just in denial. x)

KYUMIN OTP <777
Tony: Chun - SEXthisistony on January 12th, 2007 02:45 am (UTC)
SungMin's just too cute to take the initiative and KH suffers from Xiah disease in which his music means too much to him XD ♥

And you don't have to delete your old comment. There's no such thing as "CPU PROBLEM" or SPAM on LJ ♥
bellasurus on January 12th, 2007 05:04 am (UTC)
that was PRETTY ^____^

i don't know much about super junior, but sungmin has become really fascinating to bel XDD

and i like how all the paras start with KyuHyun and the last one's finally SungMin. he's such a cutie! sungmin i mean.
Tony: Max - Min eats Minthisistony on January 12th, 2007 01:52 pm (UTC)
Muwahahaha SungMin = Teh win ♥

Yay you noticed! 8D I did it unconsciously for the first two, thought it looked nice and structured the rest to fit ♥
(Deleted comment)
Tony: Hero - Fadedthisistony on January 12th, 2007 01:50 pm (UTC)
Actually, Nekozuki linked me to one of your YehSung picture spams, I think XD That was a while ago >.> I've sort lost contact with her since the accident and then I deleted AIM and went solo on MSN and school, and I'm a procrastinator and lazy >.>

BUT ANYWAY, I thought just having a common friend wasn't enough of a reason, to go "HEY! I LIKE KPOP~ LET'S BE FRIENDS~"

SungMin is my favorite member of Super Junior XD ♥

No way, I totally meant YehSung. ShinDong can control his eating habits, unlike some people who could blow up the kitchen in the attempt to make a snack.

hehe, thanks <3 Actually, that was the prompt XD I wrote it months ago and put it on a list and xcolorwalk picked it when she requested the fic.

Thanks for reading ♥
it's Bri, yo!helzfyah on January 12th, 2007 06:32 am (UTC)
"The only things I can compare you to are the black keys on a piano: sometimes sharp, sometimes flat, but never natural."

Best line ever, and i loved the fic!

<3
Tony: Hero - Just Singthisistony on January 12th, 2007 01:52 pm (UTC)
haha, thanks, I'm glad you liked that line, it was the prompt! XD I came up with it months ago and put it on my request list XD

♥ Thanks for reading~
→mai←littletsuki on January 12th, 2007 06:55 am (UTC)
Uwaaaah~! A fic in which Sungmin is actually witty! (not that I dislike somewhat clueless!Sungmin.) Awesome characterization, awesome fic!

PS: I noticed too that all the paras started with Kyuhyun, but only because another window had blocked everything but the first few words of each paragraph...I fail at observation so I was proud! ^__^
Tony: Chun - Just singthisistony on January 12th, 2007 01:54 pm (UTC)
SungMin is like JunSu, he's not an IDIOT, he just pretends that he is XD

hehe, whatever works, I suppose XD Only one other person commented on it, but that doesn't show how many other people actually noticed. Anyway, thanks for reading ♥
(Deleted comment)
Tony: Akito - Little boy Lostthisistony on January 13th, 2007 01:03 am (UTC)
thanks! I'm glad you liked it XD that line was hard to write. I was trying to think of a way to word it all properly.~
Envyzulafish on January 14th, 2007 08:20 pm (UTC)
"I don't know anything about washing clothes, so I don't know if there's anything wrong."

KyuHyun was floored when his hyung responded. "I don't know much about singing, so don't feel bad if I don't tell you you're amazing."

:O
Oh my.
I think I may have just died from absolute wonderful-ness-ity.
That... God. *speechless*
I love this. *hugs fic*
Tony: Chun - SEXthisistony on January 14th, 2007 08:57 pm (UTC)
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it XD