super junior 100 fanfics challenge  

happyditz44.livejournal.com/10076.html#cutid1

Title-Pressure
Pairing-Ryeowook/Eunhyuk
Rating-PG
Prompt-026-pressure
Progress-26/100
Words-394
Disclaimer-I only own them in my dreams.

Eunhyuk dances, showing everyone just how to turn and where to step and on what beat to stand, and Ryeowook tries to follow. But there’s just so much pressure that he feels weighted. Over and over again, he makes mistakes and they have to stop and start again. In the end, he just sits out, promising to practice on his own when the rest of the group is done. And he knows he’s just taken the pressure off of them, they get it done in one go, and they go home. But he doesn’t.

For hours he practices with the music, but it’s too much pressure to get it right. A misstep here, a wrong move there, a beat missed, and he has to start all over. It frustrates him to the point of tears, and there’s just so much pressure, pushing him down till he feels like he should quit. But he doesn’t, because just when he wants to, he hears a voice.

“You should try like this, it’ll be easier.” He turns and sees Eunhyuk, leaning against the doorframe, smiling at him and holding a convenience store bag. The older member walked over and handed the Eternal Magnae the package.

“Here’s dinner. You haven’t eaten yet, have you?” Ryeowook shook his head.

“Thanks hyung, I’ll pay you back when we get to the-,”

“No need,” said Eunhyuk, “it’s on me, as your hyung.” Ryeowook nodded gratefully.

“So, need help learning those dances?” asked Eunhyuk, and Ryeowook hung his head.

“Hyung,” he said, “I know all the moves…it’s just so much pressure. I have to get it right or I’m letting everyone else down, and I look stupid, and I’m ruining your dance.” Eunhyuk shook his head.

“Don’t think that,” he said, “because nobody else does.” Ryeowook opened his mouth to protest, but Eunhyuk was faster.

“You know, there is a lot of pressure, but it’s not like you have to bear it alone. You have us to lean on you know, and we’ll always be there to help you through whatever it is. If you ever need anything, just call me.” Ryeowook smile, feeling the pressure ease a little bit. He pulled himself up from the floor and stood next to Eunhyuk, feeling a new sense of determination.

“So, wanna try the routine one more time?” asked Eunhyuk, and Ryeowook nodded.

“Let’s.”

Current Location: couch

kim_hae_eun on October 24th, 2008 08:36 pm (UTC)
awww hyukkie! such a sweet hyung!
happyditz44happyditz44 on October 24th, 2008 10:25 pm (UTC)
:D