18 November 2006 @ 08:44 pm
[fic] KyuHyun/? - Intrigue - [1/1]  
Title: Intrigue
Author: BG
Rating: PG
Pairing: KyuHyun/?
Disclaimer: Don’t own them. I don’t own anything recognisable
Summary: “Hyung~ you’ve been watching me.”
Comments: Again I wrote it with a specific pairing in mind but the ? can be whomever you want it to be but *snaps* for you if you guess who I meant it to be.

If you are interested, my other works are here

xXx

I took one look at you and I think I fell. I never thought it was possible. I’m surrounded by beautiful people all day every day, I thought that perhaps I had this immunity to being attracted to them or something but you proved me wrong.

You followed Sungmin into the room and although your shoulders were set and your back was straight and your head held high the look in your eyes was your undoing. Anyone that really truly looked at you in that moment would not have been fooled by your stance because your eyes belied your appearance.

You were scared. Ok, maybe scared is the wrong word, but your were frightened, uncomfortable, unsure. I can understand why. Joining late, being introduced to twelve new people who all knew each other and having the burden put upon you to make it work. You would have to act fast to adapt, to learn and to find your place amongst us.

I’m not the most outgoing person so I let the others greet you with smiles and enthusiastic embraces. I watched, I watched like I always do.

But I knew.

I knew I had fallen for you. The moment I saw you. The moment I saw that confidence that you exude coupled with the look in your eyes; I was intrigued.

I watched as you found your place. Your smiles came quicker and more naturally to grace your features. Your voice, at first it blew me away. How could someone with such a timid look in their eyes sound so powerful when they sung? The first time I saw you laughing, a grin adorning your lips I choked on my drink. Literally, it wasn’t pretty. I spluttered and managed to spill half the can onto Shiwon’s shoe. He whined at me and then threw me a scowl then I ignored him. I was too enamoured by the way your lips curled in a soft smile as you calmed down.

I watched as you got closer and closer to Sungmin and Ryeowook. I guess it was to be expected, they are closer to your age; Sungmin was the first to take you in under his wing and Ryeowook was just as quiet as you were at first. It soon became apparent to me at least, that you weren’t shy nor were you timid, you were just quiet. It was like you didn’t need to constantly draw attention to yourself in order to feel worthy.

You were just comfortable; comfortable in your own skin, in your talent, in your place within Super Junior and with your friendships.

I was a little jealous I think.

Perhaps if I was a little more comfortable with myself, maybe I would have approached you on my own and then perhaps you and I could have been friends.

I looked up from my book to see you watching me. A smirk I recognised as pure evil gracing your lips. I swallowed hard but I couldn’t look away. You pushed away from the kitchen bench you were leaning against and walked towards me. Suddenly my book was taken from my grasp and gently laid upon the coffee table.

“Hyung~ you’ve been watching me.”

It wasn’t a question so I said nothing.

“I don’t mind.”

I blinked.

“I’ve been watching you too.”

I think my mouth dropped open in surprise.

“Why did you never come to me Hyung? I know that you have wanted to.”

“I…”

You grinned at me and I think my brain imploded or something because all I could think about was how good you looked right at this moment.

“Hmm~ I guess it is ok. I was waiting but I’m tired now. They told me that you were indifferent but I disagree. I think you are far more sensitive then you let on. I think you are far more affected by things then you would like to pretend you are. I know you watch me. I know you like watching. I know that you must see far more then I would looking upon the same scene.”

I was speechless. Usually I am careful with my words, I don’t just talk for the sake of talking but words have never failed me before; not like they had right this very instant.

“I don’t mind that you didn’t come. I’ve come to you. I plan on staying”

With those words a soft kiss was pressed to my cheek and I blushed, I know I did. You sat back then, your body relaxing against the couch next to me. Your hand found mine and your fingers interlaced with mine and your warm palm was pressed against my own and I closed my eyes.

I tried to convince myself this was just a dream. It was a scene that my overactive imagination had conjured up.

You squeezed my hand and I tilted my head to the right and peered up through my lashes and there you were, as real as ever; a soft smile on your lips, dark hooded eyes watching me carefully.

I squeezed your hand back and again I fell as you grinned at me.

I saw you and you took my breath away. I heard your voice and I fell hard. You offered your heart to me in a kiss and you took my own in your hands.

xXx

[edited: 181106. Thank you to taylormercury who pointed out some errors that I have hopefully now fixed.]

A/N: I wrote this just now real quick. It didn't turn out at all like i originally planned considering my initial prompts where "Look at me through tears." and "Frozen" but *shrug*

Hope you like it.

be safe
-BG

Current Music: You are the one - Super Junior

candymint on November 18th, 2006 10:52 am (UTC)
asdlkjsklwejrnfjwfbqwejrlbt435ot54
I LOVE IT :DDDDDDDDD
i keep thinking...eh...yehsung or hankyung o-o
but i'm probably wrong XD;
BG: KyuHyunlrigelbbub on November 18th, 2006 10:58 am (UTC)
Wow...that was pretty quick. I'm glad that you liked it!! A keyboard mash? Something I wrote warranted a keyboard mash...I'm honoured! ^^;
Hmm...eh...you aren't wrong at all...Yehsung! For some reason I seem to like him loads...I don't really know what it is...
Thanks bunches for reading!!
be safe
-BG
luminous being: yehhaetaylormercury on November 18th, 2006 12:13 pm (UTC)
Totally sounds like its Yehsung to me, he's such a stalker XD Which is interesting though, YehHyun....I can dig it.

Only thing I have to say otherwise though is at one point you switched from writing "you" to "he", I don't know if that was intended or a mistake, but the switch was a touch disconcerting.

Otherwise this was nice. It's good to see Yehsung being the one to fall.
BG: KyuHyunlrigelbbub on November 18th, 2006 12:23 pm (UTC)
Thanks for reading! He is, no? ^^
Mou....i did too....darnit! I seem to do that alot -_-; I usually try to catch them/go back and fix it. It does change tense a bit...but...pfft...I suck =.= Thank you for being honest though ja. Muchly appreciated.
I'll have to fix that...
be safe
-BG
shintotchishintotchi on November 18th, 2006 05:32 pm (UTC)
I liked this alot, thoug I inserted Heechul instead of Yehsung. X33 Cuuuuuute~
BG: KyuHyunlrigelbbub on November 19th, 2006 12:13 am (UTC)
Thank you for reading! I'm glad you liked it. Heh...whatever you see is fine with me, ja.
be safe
-BG
Brittney!: Prettyful!Yehsungdearyourstruly on November 18th, 2006 07:40 pm (UTC)
I knew it had to be Yehsung once you mentioned Ryeowook - which I used common logic to conclude that it was Yeh. 8DD I FEEL SO SMART LAME.
-shot-

Too sweet. x33
BG: KyuHyunlrigelbbub on November 19th, 2006 12:16 am (UTC)
Thanks bunches for reading!! Truly? I tried not to be overly obvious with who I 'wanted' the ? to be^^ Heh...I am glad liked it.
be safe
-BG
nutsovernutnutsovernut on November 19th, 2006 01:14 am (UTC)
I like it! It was really good! I'm thinking it was Yesung!
BG: KyuHyunlrigelbbub on November 19th, 2006 01:53 am (UTC)
I'm glad that you liked it! I'm happy you thought so! Thank you for reading!! Well...that is who I had in mind when I wrote it^^ but I am glad you thought it too.
be safe
-BG
matsumoto_x3 on November 19th, 2006 05:33 am (UTC)
Yehsung. The pure evil part makes me think of Yehsung. <3
BG: KyuHyunlrigelbbub on November 19th, 2006 09:00 am (UTC)
Thanks bunches for reading! I'm glad you reckon it was Yehsung too, ja, since that is who i intended it to be.
be safe
-BG
(Deleted comment)
BG: EunHyuk_DongHaelrigelbbub on January 14th, 2008 10:50 pm (UTC)
Thank you for reading! I am glad that you liked it.
be safe
-BG
ainoro on October 23rd, 2010 01:55 pm (UTC)
Hi there Hikaru icon o/