?

No account? Create an account

31 July 2008 @ 10:32 pm
Beyond Blood and Water: Arc I ~ Chapter VIII (FINAL CHAPTER of ARC I)  
Title: Beyond Blood and Water ~ Arc I
Author: volatileflame
Chapter(s): 8/8
Characters: Han Geng-centric, SuJu, Lee YeonHee
Cameos: DBSK, Lee JunKi, Battle
Pairings: KangTeuk, YunJae, more to come
Genre: AU, Family
Rating: G – PG (i dunno)
Disclaimers: seriously, do i really need to say it? i obviously don’t own them
Summary: Four-year-old Han Geng finds himself sold away and taken to Korea where he begins the journey to discover that there is more to family than blood. (summary sucks, i know)

A/N I: based on a true story (not mine), but since this is a work of fiction . . . you get the point
A/N II: i have decided to split the story into three arcs, so this is just the end of Arc I, there will be more, and the rest of SuJu+M will show up
A/N III: thank you to all who have read and supported this fic ~ especially *takes deep breath* miracleshining, veiledstar, shinelikethesky, followurdestiny, mardigrasmaven, vic_sim, reverokameorih, innocently_hot (arina_shinh), kichul1106, and fifteen_half (in no particular order) for their encouragement and lovely comments the WHOLE way through (if i have forgotten anyone, i am terribly sorry, but there are too many of you to remember) ~ i don't know you personally, but you guys are awesome! thank you so much!

Chapter VIII

“Umma . . . Appa . . . ”

It was soft and it was weak, and he was sure he was dreaming, but then he felt a small movement of fingers, just a mere brush of skin. JungSu lifted his head and opened his eyes.

“Umma.”

JungSu immediately sat up and threw his arms around his son.

“You’re okay! You’re okay! You’re okay!” JungSu cried, smothering the little face with kisses.

“JungSu, you’re going to smother the boy to death,” YoungWoon said groggily. He then smiled at Geng. “Hey son.”

“Appa,” Geng smiled weakly back.

“Here, have some juice,” JungSu told him, giving him a juicebox. “Are you hungry? Do you want anything to eat? Are you warm enough? Do you need another blanket? Do you want . . . ?”

YoungWoon could not help but sigh in amusement and roll his eyes as JungSu rambled on, fussing over Geng.

“HanKyung!” came a few cries at the door. HeeChul, ShinDong, SungMin, RyeoWook, and KiBum all came rushing in. YunHo and JaeJoong followed closely behind with KyuHyun and YeonHee in their arms, and YooChun, JunSu, and ChangMin at their side.

“You’re alive!” ShinDong exclaimed. “Ouch!”

“Stupid, of course he’s alive!” HeeChul snapped, rapping ShinDong over the head.

“HeeChul,” JungSu warned his eldest.

“I’m glad you’re okay,” SungMin said softly, patting Geng’s arm. RyeoWook and KiBum both nodded.

“Your brothers were very worried about you,” JaeJoong told him.

“Yeah, ShinDong ate only one bowl of rice!” HeeChul exclaimed. “He normally eats two!”

Geng’s face broke into a bright grin.

“I–” HeeChul started, earning jabs from his brothers. He rolled his eyes. “Ow, stop poking! Well, we made you this.”

He pulled out a poster. On it was the Kim family. They all had sad faces, even KyuHyun and YeonHee. Then there was a large gap between HeeChul and ShinDong with an outline of a person. Inside the dotted outline was ‘Hannie’. At the bottom of the poster were the words, ‘We miss you HanKyung!’ and ‘Our family is just not complete without you’.

“I drew the picture,” said HeeChul. “SungMin thought up of the words, and the others coloured it in.”

Geng grinned even more. The Kim family – his family – incomplete, even with only one member missing.

“Knock knock,” came another voice at the door. It was a doctor. Two nurses were with him. “You’re finally awake. You have a very loving family young man. You’ve been asleep for four days and your parents have never left your side since. Your brothers came to visit you every day as well. And you also had a little friend who kept asking if you were awake yet.”

Geng looked at him a little perplexed.

“DongHae came to see you a lot,” JungSu told him. “The boy kept coming in very five minutes to ask if you were awake yet. He was scared your mind got abducted by aliens.”

“JaeJoong and the others had bumped into him and JunKi at the supermarket, and he recognized SungMin, so he asked where you were, and they told him you were here,” YoungWoon explained.

“HanKyung!”

“Speak of the devil,” YoungWoon chuckled. DongHae burst into the room with a bouquet of yellow roses in his hands. JunKi followed behind with a basket of fruit.

“Hello Mr. Kim. Hello Mrs. Kim,” DongHae bowed, remembering his manners. JunKi also bowed. DongHae ran over to the bed. SungMin and KiBum moved over to give him room. He shoved the bouquet under Geng’s nose.

“DongHae, be careful,” JunKi chided the eager boy. DongHae smiled ruefully, and moved back a little.

“These are for you,” he told Geng.

“Thank you,” Geng said softly, taking the flowers.

“Ahem,” the doctor coughed, reclaiming everyone’s attention. “This is a really heartwarming moment, but I really need to get these tests—”

“Tests? What tests?” DongHae immediately demanded. HeeChul, ShinDong, YooChun, and JunSu immediately burst into giggles, earning reprimanding looks from their ummas.

“Don’t worry,” the doctor sighed, a wry smile on his face. “We’re not going to eat his brains or anything. We just want to make sure that everything is okay with young Mr. Kim.”

“Come on DongHae,” JungSu said warmly, taking the little boy’s hand. “Why don’t we wait outside for a bit while the doctor and nurses make sure Hannie is okay, alright?”

“We’ll just be outside,” YoungWoon assured Geng, giving him a quick peck on the forehead.

“Love you,” JungSu added, also giving Geng a kiss on the forehead. Everyone filed out of the room to let the doctor and nurses do their work. DongHae stole one last glance at Geng and mouthed, ‘Be careful!’ before following everyone else out of the room. Geng just smiled and waved.

“Okay,” said the doctor. “Let’s get started.”

“So there’s nothing you need to be overly concerned about, just his body is still weak from the hypothermia, so you may want to keep him inside for a while,” the doctor informed the family. “Just remember to keep him warmly dressed, don’t give him anything cold to eat or drink for a while, and have him take naps every so often, even if he says he isn’t tired. Just fill out the paperwork, and you can have him leaving by lunch.”

“Thank you,” JungSu and YoungWoon thanked the doctor heartily. DongHae immediately rushed back into the room, no doubt to make sure aliens had not eaten Geng’s brain.

“Are you okay?” he asked. Geng smiled and nodded in response. “They didn’t open your head to examine your brain did they?”

Geng laughed and shook his head.

“That’s good,” DongHae asserted.

“Thanks for visiting me,” Geng said softly. DongHae grinned back.

“Any time.”

“Hannie,” said JungSu, walking over to the bed. “Appa and I are going to take the others grocery shopping, because we’re all out of food. Your Uncle YunHo and his family will be coming over for dinner, and I also invited DongHae and JunKi. JunKi has also agreed to take you home while we go grocery shopping.”

“Okay Umma,” Geng replied. JungSu smiled and kissed him on the forehead.

“We’ll see you later then.”

“Bye Umma.”

“See you later son,” YoungWoon ruffled his hair.

“Bye Appa. Bye guys. Thank you for coming,” Geng waved.

“See you later Hannie-hyung!” SungMin and RyeoWook waved back.

“Take care Hyung,” said KiBum and ShinDong.

“Bye,” said HeeChul. They walked out of the room, leaving behind DongHae and JunKi with Geng.

“You have a very nice family,” DongHae told him.

“Yeah, I do,” he mused, smiling softly to himself. They were not perfect and they were a little crazy at times, but they were a family. They may not all share the same blood, but they all share in each other’s good experiences and bad experiences. Yes, he had a wonderful family.

“Why is the house so dark?” Geng questioned as they got out of JunKi’s car. DongHae just shrugged his shoulders, but Geng could swear he saw the other boy’s eyes dance with a mischievous light. JunKi opened the door to the house. “Why are all the lights out?”

Geng carefully manoeuvred himself into the living room.

“SURPRISE!!!”

The lights all suddenly turned on. Confetti and streamers flew in the air. There were balloons and a large banner, along with the poster HeeChul and the others made. Presents littered the floor and the coffee table was filled with food Most of all, the room was filled with welcoming, smiling faces.

“Welcome home HanKyung!”

Yeah, Geng thought.

“I’m home.”

END OF ARC I

A/N: again, thank you to all my readers, your support is greatly appreciated ~ i will give you a heads up now, Arc II will be a little all over the place spanning from ages 7 to 13/14, and the rest of SuJu+M will appear in it (so to all who have been awaiting SiWonnie's arrival, it will be soon), and Arc III, the final arc will be when Hannie is in high school (so from 14 to 17/18) ~ hopefully, you will continue to support this fic ~ thank you again!

Taffy "Miracle Shining" Anderson: 0T3miracleshining on August 1st, 2008 02:39 am (UTC)
SPOT!

What a wonderful, wonderful installment! The ending of his arc warmed my heart greatly, especially seeing the development of Hannie with his family as well as his budding friendship with my favorite fish!

May I also add I'm thrilled you'll be doing two more arcs, as I want to see how Siwon and the other members of M work into this, as well as how Hankyung's relationship will develop with everyone over time. (And we know how high school can go, ne?)

Keep up the wonderful work, it's been such a pleasure reading, I can't wait for more! =^.~=V
wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 1st, 2008 02:49 am (UTC)
you are so fast Oneesama XD

thankyou!thankyou!thankyou! soooooooooooooo much for your support and encouragement. it has meant so much to me. i will continue to work hard on making this fic worth reading! thank you again!
(Anonymous) on August 1st, 2008 02:55 am (UTC)
Very touching story. Can't wait to see the rest. Keep up the good work!! ^_^
wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 1st, 2008 03:03 am (UTC)
thank you!
hiromi: hyukminreverokameorih on August 1st, 2008 03:16 am (UTC)
Hahahaha it was lovely that Heechul put his drawing skills at use here :DDDD

He shoved the bouquet under Geng’s nose. Hahahah such a gentleman >XDDD~

YoungWoon assured Geng, giving him a quick peck on the forehead. AWWWW. We need more lovely Kangin oppa in the world!! <333

...Oh Godsh, why suddenly I can see a Donghae smiling with some milk teeth gone. WHY *face-palm*

OH NOES ARC I IS OVER D: *tears* T-T will be patiently waiting for next ones x333~~
Thanks for writing this lovely story! :3
hiromireverokameorih on August 1st, 2008 03:19 am (UTC)
I suddenly realised I used the word lovely three times at the same comment LOL
It's just it was sooo adorable~~ x33 just like miracleshining said ;D
(no subject) - volatileflame on August 1st, 2008 03:58 am (UTC) (Expand)
(no subject) - reverokameorih on August 1st, 2008 04:58 am (UTC) (Expand)
zoolooneyzoolooney on August 1st, 2008 03:28 am (UTC)
Awww~ how sweet! Hannie's woken up, and Donghae's incessant questions! XD

I adored the ending, and can't wait for the next arc to begin. ♥ Looking forward to it!
wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 1st, 2008 04:01 am (UTC)
i can totally imagine DongHae being the very curious questioning type as a child, with his eyes all alight with wonder XP

next arc will begin next week. thanks for reading!
kichul1106kichul1106 on August 1st, 2008 03:31 am (UTC)
awwwwww they're soooo cute!!!!!! XDDDD
I would love to have little siblings like that!! awww *gushes and fangirls!*

yess glad hannie's okay! *sigh* i would have cried if something happened to him but i know you wouldn't do that to him! XDDD

*hugs you* great update! oooh that's cool! so in total there will be three arcs? XDDD

sweeet!! XDDDD
wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 1st, 2008 04:03 am (UTC)
yes, i would never do anything too terrible to Hannie. i love him too much.

three arcs in total. thanks so much for your support!^^
(no subject) - kichul1106 on August 1st, 2008 04:14 am (UTC) (Expand)
suju_arisuju_ari on August 1st, 2008 03:56 am (UTC)
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.........~~~~
You made Ari very very very very VERY HAPPY!!
You turned Ari's crappy day into a WONDERFUL ONE~~ -glomps-

ARI SPOT SJM!!! HENNNNNNNNNNNNNNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY~~ -glittery eyes-

You have done a wonderful job~~ :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 1st, 2008 04:04 am (UTC)
aww~! i'm so glad i was able to turn your day into a good one *hugs*

thank you so much for the kind words. i will continue to do my best!
Lexilexi_liu_desu on August 1st, 2008 03:57 am (UTC)
:( Why couldn't my brothers be like this back in the day...

Cute chapter! >w<

wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 1st, 2008 04:05 am (UTC)
yeah, i kinda wish my brother was that cute ~ lol XP

thanks for reading!
vic_sim: kyuhyunvic_sim on August 1st, 2008 04:20 am (UTC)
-bounces around-
yay!there's more to the story!
when i saw the post i was like 'last chapter?!'
then i read the start n was like 'phew, there's more'

i really like donghae!he's sooooo adorable
and good for hankyung finally realising that they are one family!^_^
and heechul was so him!

i cant wait for the next arc! actually i'm waiting for kyu to play a part in the story instead of just being carried=P .as you can probably tell i have a certain biasness towards kyuhyun

great job!
-throws confetti-
wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 1st, 2008 03:20 pm (UTC)
*runs off to edit misleading title*

there, all fixed.

don't worry, Kyu will no longer just be carried around and looking cute, he will be cute and play a bigger role in the future. thank you so much for you support. i will continue to work hard!
1jet2unknown1jet2unknown on August 1st, 2008 09:02 am (UTC)
aaaaaw i'm all smiles right now ♥

it's just way too adorable *giggle* i especially loved loved donghae XDD and whenever hannie said "umma" and "appa" i couldn't help but smile *

can't wait for the second arc! just love this fic~
wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 1st, 2008 03:20 pm (UTC)
thank you!^^
FollowUrDestinyfollowurdestiny on August 1st, 2008 11:47 am (UTC)
Woah I woke up late today, and what do I see another ♥ly chapter! I first got a shock when I read it was the final chapter, but luckily I read a moment later that it was only the end of the first arc! I am so happy there will be two more, I can't wait!!

But on to the comment for this chapter! I'm so happy that Hannie finally feels that the kim family is his home, and all the events in the hospital room and the surprise at the end ... was really heartwarming ♥

And Donghae is just too funny with his fear of aliens eating or abducting his brains haha... the family is just so much ♥♥♥

Have a nice weekend! And I am looking forward to the second arc!

wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 1st, 2008 03:23 pm (UTC)
thank you! i've fixed the subject line, so it's just the final chapter of the first arc. second arc will commence asap. thank you so much for your support. i will continue to work hard to make this fic worth reading!
innocently_hot: yehhaninnocently_hot on August 1st, 2008 01:34 pm (UTC)
I was still in the office when I saw you post the new chapter and it said, LAST CHAPTER... and I was like 'WHAT? HOW COME THIS IS THE LAST ONE?'
but I didn't have time to read it... (I was kind of unhappy that this was the last one...)

And when I reach home, I open the link and read your second A/N, and I was like... aww... how did I miss that? And happily went through the chapter....

you started it with the worried jungsu which I really like his character as the loving umma.... and then with the cool appa (althought when I read that, I was like, 'OH, COME ON KANG IN, I KNOW YOU REALLY WANNA HUG HANNIE TOO!') and then the forevershindonggetsmack... and you also make donghae came to the hospital (I was kind of wondering if Donghae will ever show up again...)with his alien theory thing... that was funny and brilliant...

It was a sweet ending with the simple 'I'm home'. Seriously, I enjoy this fic of yours because it was different from what I usually read... a total loving family with all the heart warming event... it's nothing heavy (until this part I) so I really feel relax reading it (although there's a part that you make me almost cry with Hannie missing his real mama...)and you make me realize how much I love my family too...

and your last note really get me all hyper up...
shiwon will be coming into the fic? I am looking forward to it...
I kinda sense a complicated plot ahead (will his real family looking after geng after he already accept the KIM as his family?)

I really can't wait....
wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 1st, 2008 03:31 pm (UTC)
i've fixed the misleading subject line! lol.

i just had to put in DongHae. i love him so much XD
i'm glad you like the ending, and i'm glad this fic has been a good read for you. and yes, ShiWon will show up, as will everyone else from SuJu+M, and i won't give anything else away so you have no choice but to continue reading ~ muahahahaha!

thank you so much for your support!
fifteen_halffifteen_half on August 1st, 2008 01:41 pm (UTC)
When I saw this, the first thing I saw was FINAL CHAPTER. Hahahaha! My smile seriously dropped out of my face when I saw that. But really, stupid me. I jump to conclusions a lot.XD

But heeeee! GREAT GREAT CHAPTER!!! Hannie's finally home, safe and sound and he finally realizes that he does belong in his new family! LOVE THIS! Really. The way you write this is just amazing. I am totally your fan.XD

Will be waiting not-so-patiently for the next Arc!!!<3
wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 1st, 2008 03:34 pm (UTC)
lol XD

thankyou!thankyou!thankyou! i am beyond flattered, because i'm totally your fan <3 i'm so glad you like this. i will continue to work hard and bring you the next arc asap! thanx again!
┈━═☆veiledstar on August 1st, 2008 04:45 pm (UTC)
That was so sweettt :)
For some reason at first I thought it was a birthday party, but I think I'm letting my own life get into this xD

I'm so happy to see him growing to trust and love his family<3

I hope the next two arcs are as good ^^
wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 1st, 2008 04:57 pm (UTC)
Happy Belated Birthday! <3

thank you so much for reading this! and i will continue to work hard to make this fic worth reading!
(no subject) - veiledstar on August 1st, 2008 06:08 pm (UTC) (Expand)
you better get mean too, boo: [Super Junior]--Eunhaeonsides on August 1st, 2008 08:51 pm (UTC)
I'm so happy Hannie woke up! Lol Donghae and his aliens :)
wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 2nd, 2008 02:47 am (UTC)
i couldn't resist X3

thanks for reading!
There's no obvious, rational form for sadness...: Irasciblemardigrasmaven on August 1st, 2008 10:01 pm (UTC)
a;ihafabjf'fknasfga'lg *flail* This chapter was SO DAMN CUTE!!! Me and my friend couldn't stop with the 'awwing' and the flailing and the squeeing!!

That poster had me damn near crying at how sweet it was. And then Donghae being all "Aliens nuuuuuuuu!" just melted me. The welcome home was so nice.

I can't wait for Arcs II and III!!! And you thank us for reading, well thank you for writing a fic so sweet and wonderful! :D ♥♥♥
wicked l'il flamevolatileflame on August 2nd, 2008 02:49 am (UTC)
i think you may be my first button masher.

thank you so much for your kind words. i will work hard to make the other arcs worth reading! thanks again for your support!