?

No account? Create an account

05 June 2008 @ 10:21 pm
Fic: Phone Calls  
Title: Phone Calls
Alternative Sequel to: Missing You
Author: dizzy_grace and Donghae's characterization is shamelessly (and with permission) stolen from hakkais_shadow
Pairing/Characters: Eunhyuk/Ryeowook, Donghae
Summary: Eunhyuk gets hit by a metaphorical 2x4 wielded by Donghae and calls Ryeowook to chat

Eunhyuk picked up his cell phone when it alerted him to a new text message. It was after midnight and he and Leeteuk had just gotten back from Sukira. Eunhyuk flipped open his phone and opened the message from Donghae.

-Just ask him out on a date. Only aliens use post-its to flirt-

Eunhyuk wrinkled his nose.

-I'm not flirting. Stop that.-

His phone went off a minute later.

-I'll stop if you ask him out on a date.-

Eunhyuk stared at his phone in slight shock.

-He's in China. How am I going to ask him on a date?-

Eventually he would get some sleep. Eunhyuk was just glad that his light was off so that Leeteuk couldn't see he hadn't gone to bed yet. His phone rang, surprising him. He picked it up and before he could say anything Donghae was chattering away at him.

"I'm in China, too, idiot. It's called a phone. Use it," Donghae said.

"So we can plan a date for whenever it is you get back? Which isn't for what… months?" Eunhyuk asked.

"We'll be back for the concert. Sheesh, sometimes I'm convinced you really are from another planet," Donghae said.

Eunhyuk sighed softly. "Because that's a golden opportunity to go on a date. We'll barely have time to breathe, you know."

"Are you going to come up with more excuses and just live your love life through yellow post-it notes?" Donghae asked. He sounded frustrated.

"I'm not living my love life through post-it notes. We're just having fun with it. It's something just the two of us do," Eunhyuk said.

"Sure you are," Donghae replied, stretching out the 'u' sound for several seconds longer than necessary.

"It's true. I'm not flirting," Eunhyuk protested.

Donghae huffed. "It may not be for you, but if you break Wookie's heart I'll kill you," he said.

Eunhyuk pulled the phone from his ear, checked the number on his phone was really Donghae's and then put it back. "You're going to kill your best friend?" he asked.

"If he hurts our mutual dongsaeng, yes. I'm serious, Hyukkie. This may be a joke to you, but I don't think it is for Wookie. He's really happy. It's cute," Donghae said. Eunhyuk didn't need to be told that Donghae was serious. There were times he could get really protective of his friends.

"He is?" Eunhyuk asked for lack of anything else to say to Donghae's mini-tirade.

"Yeah. He's all smiles and giggles when he gets them," Donghae replied.

Eunhyuk sank a little further into his bed, happy he was on the phone and not a webcam so that Donghae couldn't see the massive blush on his cheeks. "They're just random notes. Why would he be that happy about that?"

"Because they're from you," Donghae said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. It probably was to everyone else.

"What does that matter?" Eunhyuk asked.

Donghae groaned. "Did your mother drop you on your head when you were young?" Donghae asked. Eunhyuk barely had time to stutter out an indignant 'no' before Donghae was talking again and very loudly. "He likes you."

"He likes everyone," Eunhyuk replied. Which was the complete and total truth because even though some people got on Ryeowook's nerves he did like everyone in the group.

"No, he likes you likes you. More than anyone else," Donghae insisted.

Eunhyuk paused for a solid minute before he could respond and unfortunately it wasn't very intelligent. "He does?"

"Duh," Donghae replied.

"Since when?"

"Does it matter?"

Eunhyuk bit his lip and looked up at his ceiling. This would be so much easier if Donghae was in the bed on the other side of the room again. "I just… how blind have I been?" he asked.

"Dunno. I just know he likes you now," Donghae replied. Eunhyuk could see the slight shrug of his friend's shoulders as he said it.

"I have no idea what to do now," Eunhyuk admitted. Ryeowook was in China for crying out loud. He couldn't just walk over and ask him out.

"Do you like him?" Donghae asked.

"Yeah," Eunhyuk said, voice soft.

"Then do something about it," Donghae said. The frustration was back in Donghae's voice, but Eunhyuk didn't know what to do about it.

"I can't."

"Why not?"

Eunhyuk sighed, his own frustration coming out. "You're in China. Even if we're all going to be together for the concert you're not going to be done doing promotions there. You'll be going straight back once the concert is over," he said.

Donghae laughed. "It won't be forever, dummy. Long-distance relationships can be done. Trust me," he said.

"Trust you?" Eunhyuk asked. He wasn't sure why he should be trusting Donghae on such a topic, but he was willing to ask. There was laughter on the other end. "What haven't you been telling me?"

"As much as you've been telling me about liking Wookie," Donghae said.

"Donghae!" Eunhyuk cried in frustration. He immediately regretted it. The last thing he needed was to bring Leeteuk over to check on him. "It's fair turn around, you know. I told you about Wookie. You can tell me about your mystery man."

"What mystery? Anyone who had been paying attention would have known who is best friend is dating," Donghae said. Eunhyuk felt a brief twinge of guilt at the insinuation. "Kibummie doesn't mind long distance relationships. Makes getting back together even more fun."

Eunhyuk thought through that and nodded. "So there was something going on between you two."

"Duh."

"I was distracted," Eunhyuk tried to justify.

"No kidding," Donghae retorted.

"How's China?" Eunhyuk asked.

"You really suck at changing the subject. Talk to Wookie. If you don't I will," Donghae replied.

"I will, but not yet. I'm not having that conversation over the phone," Eunhyuk insisted.

"Chicken," Donghae teased.

"I'm not confessing over the phone."

"So you're just going to lead him on, huh? Not cool, Hyukkie," Donghae said. The last part was in an almost sing song voice.

"That's not what I said, Donghae and you know it. I'm just going to wait until I can see him face to face," Eunhyuk said.

Donghae sighed. "Promise me you'll tell him," he said.

"I promise, Donghae. I'm not leading him on. I wouldn't do that to him," Eunhyuk said.

"Okay then," Donghae said. The grin was clearly back on his face if his tone of voice was anything to go by and it always was. "You two will be cute together."

"Donghae!"

"You have to be kind of sneaky around Teukie, though. Kibummie and I are good at it. We can give you two pointers," Donghae said.

Eunhyuk frowned, brow furrowed in thought. "Why do we have to be sneaky?" he asked.

"Cause Mama Teukie doesn't like PDAs - keep it to the bedroom is what he says," Donghae said. "Oh, and don't forget about the phone sex. It's really good when you're away from each other."

Eunhyuk blushed as dark as he possibly could. "I'll remember about Teukie, but somehow I don't think Ryeowook would go for phone sex. He's too innocent," he said.

Donghae laughed. "He may surprise you."

"What makes you say that?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Dunno. I didn't expect it from Kibummie. It's the quiet ones who are the biggest surprises," Donghae said. Eunhyuk sighed and shook his head slightly. He could just see Donghae's lips twisted as he thought and his eyes looking up and to the side.

"If you thought Kibum was innocent you're more blind than I am," Eunhyuk said.

"I don't mean like Wookie," Donghae said.

"Then what do you mean?"

"He's just quiet, not loud like we are, but he's loud other times," Donghae said.

Eunhyuk groaned and dropped his head back against his wall. "I really wish I hadn't asked that." Donghae laughed at him. "You never told me how China is."

"Why don't you ask Wookie? I'm sure he'd love to talk to you," Donghae suggested.

"I'm on the phone with you," Eunhyuk pointed out.

"I can get him for you. He's just in the other room," Donghae said.

"You're just trying to get me off the phone so you can call Kibum," Eunhyuk accused.

Donghae snickered. "Well, that too," he admitted.

"I'll call Wookie. Go call your precious Kibum," Eunhyuk said.

Donghae laughed again. "Have fun with Wookie and remember, don't completely rule out phone sex, it's fun," he said.

"I haven't even confessed yet," Eunhyuk protested.

"Well, then don't forget for the future," Donghae advised.

"I'm hanging up now."

"Goodnight, Hyukkie and good luck," Donghae said.

"Goodnight, Hae. I'll let you know how things go," Eunhyuk said. He closed his phone and fiddled with it for a few minutes before pulling up Ryeowook's number. It was late and he should let his dongsaeng sleep, but he really wanted to talk to him at the same time. He hit the send button and waited.

"Eunhyuk-hyung?" Ryeowook asked in way of answer.

"Hey, Wookie. How are you?" Eunhyuk asked.

"I'm good, hyung. Tired, but that's because we've been so busy here," Ryeowook said. "How are you?" he asked.

Eunhyuk squeezed his eyes shut. It shouldn't have felt this awkward. "I'm doing well. Still a little wired from Sukira," he said.

"I got to listen to some of it tonight. We caught the end of the broadcast online after we got back to the hotel," Ryeowook said. "Zhou Mi and Henry had a hard time keeping up with you and Leeteuk-hyung, though."

"I'm glad you got to hear some of it. I bet it's hard to not hear Korean much," Eunhyuk said.

"A little. We speak Korean amongst ourselves, but that's not fair to Henry or Zhou Mi and it doesn't help us learn Chinese, either," Ryeowook said. "Plus I like listening to you. You and Leeteuk-hyung always have so much fun."

Eunhyuk smiled and stressed in his mind that Ryeowook had said he enjoyed listening to him and not him and Leeteuk. "Well, if you ever want to speak Korean and not seem rude just give me a call," he said.

"Thanks, hyung, but I don't want to bother you while you're working or something," Ryeowook said.

Eunhyuk shifted so that he was stretched out on his bed. "It wouldn't be a bother, Wookie. I like hearing from you and knowing how you're doing."

"You do?" Ryeowook asked. His voice dropped to such a soft level that Eunhyuk could barely hear the question.

"Of course I do, Wookie. Why wouldn't I want to know how you're doing?" Eunhyuk asked.

"I don't know. I guess, I just feel a little disconnected from everyone back home," Ryeowook said. "We've been here for so long without seeing you and the others."

"Are you homesick?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Yeah, I am, but it'll be okay. We'll see each other soon," Ryeowook said. The false cheer in his voice broke Eunhyuk's heart.

"You're right, Wookie. We'll all be together again soon and as soon as I see you I'm going to give you a huge hug," Eunhyuk said. "Sound good?"

"That's sounds really good, hyung, thank you," Ryeowook said.

Eunhyuk bit his lip. "You should get some sleep, Wookie. It's late and you've had a busy day," he said. "Wookie?" he asked after a moment of silence.

"Will you sing for me, hyung?" Ryeowook asked. "I know it's kind of an odd request, but I really miss your voice."

Eunhyuk blushed as he smiled. "Anything in particular you want to hear?" he asked.

"No, not really. You can pick," Ryeowook said. Eunhyuk thought for a few seconds before deciding on a song they both knew because they'd heard Donghae sing it so many times. Ryeowook wouldn't know how appropriate My Everything was for Eunhyuk to sing to him, but that was okay.

When the song was done Eunhyuk waited for some kind of reaction, wondering if he'd sung the younger boy to sleep.

"Eunhyuk?"

"Hankyung-hyung?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Ryeowook's sound asleep," Hankyung said.

"Alright. He needs it. Have a good night, hyung," Eunhyuk said.

"You too, Eunhyukkie," Hankyung said.

Eunhyuk hung up and set his phone down. It was easy to drift off to sleep that night.

Current Mood: pensive

mikkyboom on June 6th, 2008 02:41 am (UTC)
oooooooooh, so so SO cute.
*dies from cuteness*
i love ryeowook like WHOA, and it's nice to see him get some lovin'.
and pushy donghae and shy eunhyuk are made of win.
xD
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Eunhyuk irresistabledizzy_grace on June 6th, 2008 02:42 am (UTC)
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Pushy Dnoghae is all thanks to hakkais_shadow His Donghae muse saved this fic. I swear.
Jill: KyuHyun and Ryeowookandersenmom on June 6th, 2008 02:42 am (UTC)
Cute. I liked it.
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Eunhyuk irresistabledizzy_grace on June 6th, 2008 02:42 am (UTC)
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Jill: KyuHyun and Ryeowookandersenmom on June 6th, 2008 03:15 am (UTC)
You stole KyuHyun and Ryeowook's 2x4!

I'm so proud....
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Eunhyuk irresistabledizzy_grace on June 6th, 2008 03:31 pm (UTC)
I had to! Eunhyuk was being so stubborn about it all.

*giggles* Yay!
Jill: KyuHyun and Ryeowookandersenmom on June 6th, 2008 05:43 pm (UTC)
Best reason for a 2x4. Seriously.
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Eunhyuk irresistabledizzy_grace on June 6th, 2008 05:50 pm (UTC)
It's true. When they get stubborn it's time to bring out the 2x4.
Jillandersenmom on June 6th, 2008 06:06 pm (UTC)
Care to tell me when they AREN'T stubborn?
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Yesungdizzy_grace on June 6th, 2008 06:12 pm (UTC)
Well it depends on what kind of stubborn. In my "games and hobbies" series Kibum and Yesung were just being stubborn about tormenting each other, but they acknowledged what they felt for one another.
Jillandersenmom on June 6th, 2008 06:22 pm (UTC)
Well, okay, I'll give you that one.

I think that's the exception rather than the rule.
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Angelic Kibumdizzy_grace on June 6th, 2008 06:23 pm (UTC)
Hey, I got 5 fics out of it!

*giggles* No, it's definitely the exception to the rule. They're almost always really dense.
Jill: cute but evil (Ohtori)andersenmom on June 6th, 2008 06:31 pm (UTC)
True, you did, and they were good.

I should try a not-dense Yesung, sometime, but he's so fun to write clueless....

Besides, now I have to write YunHo and Heechul. I think I'm going to die.
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: HanChuldizzy_grace on June 6th, 2008 08:02 pm (UTC)
*blush* Thanks!

But not-dense Yesung can be fun, too.

*giggles* YunHo and Heechul will go well. If it doesn't we'll brainstorm.
hakkais_shadow: donghaehakkais_shadow on June 6th, 2008 02:48 am (UTC)
See, my Donghae is a good influence, isn't he? *beams*

This turned out great, hon. Cute end. :)
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Eunhyuk irresistabledizzy_grace on June 6th, 2008 02:51 am (UTC)
Your Donghae is an excellent influence. I might have to steal him again later.

Thanks, hon! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm also glad you let me steal your wonderful and amazing Donghae muse.
t•언니: boa ; look up hearttaengoo on June 6th, 2008 04:02 am (UTC)
awww, eunhyuk is so cute in this!~~
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Eunhyuk irresistabledizzy_grace on June 6th, 2008 03:32 pm (UTC)
Skyshinelikethesky on June 6th, 2008 05:20 am (UTC)
I loved the Donghae muse! :)
And Eunhyuk and Ryeowook are just too cute...!
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Eunhyuk irresistabledizzy_grace on June 6th, 2008 03:32 pm (UTC)
hakkais_shadow has an amazing Donghae muse. I like stealing him.

mikudaisuki on June 6th, 2008 06:18 am (UTC)
AWW i love this one...
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Eunhyuk irresistabledizzy_grace on June 6th, 2008 03:33 pm (UTC)
Maria 마리아: Wookivy_snowe on June 6th, 2008 08:15 am (UTC)
This has got to be the sweetest ninja!pairings I've read. I really loved it and I'm glad to see another part because I got such a kick from the other fic 'Missing You'. I think both are really awesome and awwwwww the Eunhyuk/Ryeowook is so adorable. Hahaha, KiHae was snuck in there as well and I loved it!!
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Eunhyuk irresistabledizzy_grace on June 6th, 2008 03:33 pm (UTC)
Awww! Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it! There might be one more where Eunhyuk actually manages to confess. We'll see how the inspiration goes.

KiHae is all hakkais_shadow. He's wonderful.
dream4fatgirl on June 6th, 2008 08:47 am (UTC)
This is the 2nd version isn't it? Gosh... its way cuter.
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Eunhyuk irresistabledizzy_grace on June 6th, 2008 03:34 pm (UTC)
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

It is the second version. This has the benefit of a borrowed Donghae muse and not being written while I was babysitting like the other one.
ryou_no_baka: Eunhyukryou_no_baka on June 7th, 2008 10:52 am (UTC)
*beams*
Ah so cute!
Sooooo cute!
Hae kicks Hyukkies butt *giggle*
And the KiHae *smiles*
I love this!
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Eunhyuk irresistabledizzy_grace on June 7th, 2008 12:25 pm (UTC)
Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
(Deleted comment)
dizzy_grace: Super Junior: Eunhyuk irresistabledizzy_grace on July 25th, 2008 01:53 pm (UTC)