fic: Tangled

Title: Tangled
Author: bl4ckm4lice
Fandom: Super Junior, EXO
Genre/Pairing: Romance, Fluff / WonKyu
Word Count: 1,235
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: na-ah, not mine
Notes: A sequel of this MiTaoKyu fic, but whether you read that or not, it’s up to you

“Still love to stare at him, huh?”

Tao felt his heart leaped outside when a certain someone suddenly appeared next to him. “G-gege,” he flushed at Zhou Mi who was staring at Kyuhyun sitting by himself quite a distance from them.

“He’s indeed an eye candy,” Zhou Mi turned to Tao with a sneer, “but I thought we’ve settled on the fact that you’re a bottom, just like him, and I don’t think he’d be satisfied with a double-headed dild—.”

“WAAAH!” Tao waved his hands frantically as he looked around. Thankfully, there was no one else but them in the hallway. “Please don’t say things like that! If anyone hears…” Zhou Mi just laughed while Tao continued to defend himself. “Besides, I was only staring because there seems to be something off about him.”

“Oh?” The older Chinese man raised an eyebrow. “You’re pretty observant.”

“So it’s true? Is there something wrong?”

Zhou Mi had that knowing smile on his face, but then he looked back at Kyuhyun. Even from here, both of them could see that Kyuhyun was in a bad mood, the kind of bad mood that made him look lonely and sad. Yet at the same time he was listening to some music blasting through his headphones and shutting himself from his environment on purpose, not wanting company, more less consolation. “Take a guess,” Zhou Mi finally said.

“…Siwon-hyung?”

“Yup.”

“Did they fight?”

“Oh, if only they fight…” Zhou Mi shook his head. “It’s worse. Kui Xian there just decided to mope alone instead of asking the person straight away.”

“What happened?”

“I’ll just show you,” Zhou Mi pulled out his cell phone and opened his mobile web browser. A few moments later, Tao frowned when he saw the cause behind Kyuhyun’s bad mood.

“Is this true?”

“Who knows?”

“But I thought you said Siwon-hyung likes—.”

“Ooh,” Zhou Mi cut him off, eyes glinting excitedly when he saw a familiar figure approaching Kyuhyun. “This is gonna get interesting.”

Kyuhyun himself didn’t realize someone had been calling him out until said person sat next to him and shifted one side of the headphones so he could hear him. He turned his head, eyes widening a little when he saw that it was the person he wanted to see the least at the moment. No other than Choi Siwon.

“Hey,” the man flashed that despicably blinding smile at him. “What are you doing?”

“About to leave, actually,” Kyuhyun said as he stood up without hesitation and swooped all of his things into his bag.

“Huh?” Siwon blinked in surprise. “Where to?”

“Anywh—Somewhere.” Kyuhyun turned away, intending to escape as quickly as he could, but Siwon would have none of it. He grabbed Kyuhyun’s wrist and held it tightly, letting Kyuhyun know that it would be futile to even try to free himself.

“…Are you mad at me?”

“Why would I?”

“You answered my question with another question, when you could’ve answered with a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’,” Siwon stated matter-of-factly. “So you’re mad?”

“Aren’t you busy?”

“Yet another question,” the taller man sighed and stood up as well to level himself with Kyuhyun. “Why are you mad at me?”

“No. Can I go now?”

“Not until you tell me what did I do. You didn’t reply to my messages. When I can finally see you, you choose to avoid me.”

“I’m busy. Aren’t you?”

“I’m not now. You weren’t busy either when I saw you sitting here.” Before Kyuhyun could retort, Siwon placed both hands on the other man’s shoulders and forced him to sit back down. He took a seat next to him and simply stared, waiting until Kyuhyun was ready to spill whatever thing weighing his mind.

“…I just—,” Kyuhyun muttered, looking down at his fiddling hands, “I didn’t wanna disturb you.”

“I texted you first. Why would I be disturbed if you reply?”

“Maybe not you.” A long pause. “Your girlfriend might think differently.”

It took Siwon some seconds until he could reply, “What girlfriend?”

“I saw the news,” Kyuhyun’s voice grew softer. “That actress.”

“Kyuhyun,” Siwon scowled. “Come on, you knew better than that. I’m not dating her. Why would you even bother with that rumor?”

“I’m not bothered,” Kyuhyun said quickly. “And actually, I wouldn’t know better. Besides, a similar rumor about you had been proven true in the past.”

“In the distant past! That was a one time— That was a long time ago!” Siwon said firmly. A desperate groan escaped him when Kyuhyun stayed silent and still refused to look at him. “Are you mad because you thought I’ve been keeping it from you again?”

“I said I’m not mad!”

“And I said I’m not dating her!!” Siwon snapped, but the tension radiating from him dissipated rapidly when Kyuhyun finally raised his eyes to meet his. “I’m not dating her,” he repeated gently. “I’m not dating anyone right now.”

“…Sure?”

“I’m pretty sure,” Siwon smiled cautiously, but it grew bigger when he saw that Kyuhyun was beginning to return the smile. He stroke Kyuhyun’s hair and for a moment he froze, noticing something odd in the younger man’s dark orbs. Odd, but at the same time familiar… as if it had always been there…

This time it was him who looked away and cleared his throat (and his bewildered mind). “So, what were you listening to?”

“Oh… this. It’s a new song from…”

“Oh my God.” Back to the unnoticeable onlookers, where Tao was grimacing while Zhou Mi was trying hard to hold back his laughter. “How could you stand watching them like that?”

“It’s interesting, no?”

“That was— they could’ve— why aren’t they dating already? I mean, look at that,” Tao pointed at the couple who seriously looked like a real couple, with the way they were laughing and staring at each other. “It only took Siwon-hyung less than fifteen minutes to bring Kyuhyun-hyung back to his usual self. I suppose Siwon-hyung cleared the rumor… But still…”

“Oh, you haven’t seen nothing yet,” Zhou Mi patted Tao’s head. “I can easily mention dozens of other more amusing times, among which a variety of no less entertaining situations where they could’ve confessed their feelings and ended all these dances around each other.”

“You could’ve helped them.”

“Where’s the fun in that?”

Tao studied the man before him. Zhou Mi was smiling, nothing out of the ordinary. But he just couldn’t help but ask, “Do you like Kyuhyun-hyung?”

The response was instant. “No,” Zhou Mi rolled his eyes. “And I see that you don’t really like him in that way either, judging from the way you wanted me to meddle in their business.”

Tao was stunned, but hadn’t he known it all along? He admired Kyuhyun and that was that. Just now he didn’t like seeing all Kyuhyun miserable… and he was relieved when Siwon managed to cheer him up again. He really, really wished Siwon could stay next to Kyuhyun, so there would never be a sad time for the man Tao looked up to. Was it weird? Was it a childish wish?

At least he knew he was sincere.

Tao watched the two again, smiling when Siwon suddenly sneezed and Kyuhyun scowled but handed him a pack of tissue from his bag. In return, Siwon kissed him on the cheek, and Tao was mesmerized by the shades of red decorating Kyuhyun’s face.

The end~
Tags: pairing: siwon/kyuhyun, with: exo
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 9 comments