-
blasphemousbox
miracle______

Lessons In Happiness

Title: Lessons In Happiness
Pairing: Heewook
Rating: PG-13
Length: 1,331 words
Summary: Ryeowook offers Heechul advice and support in his worst times, and Heechul chooses to act on that advice right away. AU

Heechul was a slut. He’d heard it too many times to count, and he knew it was true. Over just the past year he’d slept with an impossible amount of girls and guys alike, and despite his school’s large size, almost everyone knew about him. He had quite the reputation.

It wasn’t that he was a sex-addict. No, he was anything but. It was just that each time he tried to start a relationship, it would quickly lead to the act he had become quite known for. All he wanted was a boyfriend, or a girlfriend, he really didn’t care. He wanted someone to be sweet to him, to love him, and to make him happy, but so far, that seemed to be quite impossible for the teenager.

He’d gotten plenty of advice before. Everyone told him the same things. ‘Wait until you’re friends, and then start dating!’ or ‘It’s not that hard just don’t sleep with them until you know you’re ready!’, but the problem was that Heechul was literally the worst at keeping friends, and he wasn’t always the best at being the most leading or deciding in a relationship either. He couldn’t help but feel that if he denied them what they wanted then they would walk away. People always seemed to walk away from them, and he could never shake away the fear and hurt of them doing so.

There was only one friend he had kept for almost all his life. Ryeowook. He was a few years younger than him and was his next-door neighbor. The pair became friends in primary school, and their relationship was one that Heechul somehow never screwed up. Heechul wasn’t quite sure how he never messed up his precious friendship with the younger boy. He was bossy to Ryeowook, would yell at him from time to time, make fun of him, and many other things, but Ryeowook always stuck around and was always there to listen to whatever he had to say. He was one of the very few to never judge Heechul for whatever he did, and Heechul was glad he had him there.

Ryeowook was the only person Heechul sat with at lunch, and everyone who knew Ryeowook or Heechul knew they were close. Of course, this would sometimes bring them to make fun of Ryeowook for his choice in friends, but Heechul would always put an end to it, even if his methods were extremely unorthodox. They spent most of their weekends and time after school at Ryeowook’s house. His parents worked most of the time, and he was an only child; Heechul helped Ryeowook defeat the loneliness of an empty house and small family.
His house was a place Heechul would run to when his relationships collapsed right in front of him, and that’s exactly what was happening now.

Heechul had let himself in, having been given a key quite some time ago. He could feel his tears on his skin, cold from the brisk air outside, as he ran up to Ryeowook’s room, loudly opening the door and slamming himself face down onto Ryeowook’s unoccupied bed.

“He dumped me,” he announced to the younger teenager who was just now looking up from his homework.

“I’m sorry, Heechul…” Ryeowook began, making his way across the room to comfort his lifelong friend, “You were together for a while this time,” he pointed out, “I really thought that maybe this would be different,” he offered a tissue to Heechul as he helped him sit up, trying to stay upright himself when the taller man crashed into him instead and started to cry against his shoulder.

“He didn’t really like me,” Heechul revealed to him through his sobbing, causing Ryeowook to sigh, the smaller boy had heard this line quite a few times from his friend, and it was becoming the sad norm from all of Heechul’s relationships.

“You don’t know that for sure, Chullie,” he attempted to comfort him, wiping Heechul’s tears with the tissue that the other never took, “Maybe he just wasn’t ready for a serious relationship.”

“It was a dare, Ryeowook,” he told him, chocking up slightly before he could continue, “He took me out as a dare from his friends.”

Ryeowook stared down at his friend in a look of sympathy. He knew people could be low, but not ever this cruel. The things Heechul told him about his dating experiences was all the more reason for Ryeowook to avoid any form of social activity. A few times, only a few, Heechul had convinced him to go and try to talk to the couple of crushes he had. Every time it ended up with him just saying hi and awkwardly sitting next to them as they ate lunch. It probably didn’t help the fact that the couple of crushes Ryeowook had had were always just as awkward as he was, but hearing things like this made Ryeowook happy that he never even have the courage to get into situations like this.

“I’m so sorry, Heechul,” he told him, trying to keep from crying himself as he hugged his friend. He hated seeing the older boy like this. Heechul always told him that since he was older he should be taking care of him, but things like this forced Ryeowook to be the more mature one and give Heechul as much comfort as possible, “I can’t believe anyone would do anything like that.”

“I wish things like this wouldn’t happen to me,” he admitted to Ryeowook, “I know that seems obvious… no one wants these things to happen to them, but…” Heechul swallowed a lump in his throat before he could continue his confession, “but, I really just want to be happy. I just want a relationship that will make me happy.”

Ryeowook gave Heechul a small smile, “That’s the problem, Chullie,” he revealed to him, “You always want to rely on other people to make you happy, but you have to do it yourself. You have to be able to make yourself happy because other people can’t always do it.”

Heechul sat up after hearing his friend’s words, “You really believe that, Wookie?” he asked, chuckling just like his normal, impudent self when he nodded, “It’s not fair that you’re younger than me and so smart,” he told him jokingly.

Ryeowook just smiled wider and gave his friend a quick hug, “I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better now.”

Heechul nodded and looked at the younger boy when their hug ended. Their hands were still in each other’s and Heechul couldn’t help but smile at the feel of having the hands of someone who cared as much to use lotion as he did. Ryeowook’s hands were just as soft if not softer as the hands of the girls he had once felt in his, but they had another feel to them, a comforting, familiar feel to them. Heechul couldn’t help but give them a small squeeze. What he did next he probably could have helped himself from doing, but at that moment it seemed like the right, the logical thing to do. Ryeowook was right in front of him, only centimeters away, and never had Heechul felt so comfortable and happy with another person in his presence.

The smaller boy went stiff when he felt Heechul’s lips suddenly on his, but after just a tiny bit, Ryeowook forgot that he’d never kissed anyone before and that Heechul had probably kissed dozens and he kissed the lips of his best friend without a thought of the consequences it might bring. It seemed to short when they broke apart, and Ryeowook’s eyes were wide with surprise and amazement.

He could barely get out his question, “What made you do that?”

“I decided to start making myself happy,” Heechul answered him, “Thanks for helping.”

Heechul gave his friend a quick peck on his lips, and smiled brightly. Never did he think making himself happy would feel so amazing.

A/N: So, I hope you like it? First time ever posting on livejournal, and I'm a bit nervous. Now I will go back into hiding and work on my Siwooks.
Tags: pairing: heechul/ryeowook
Subscribe

• Dead Seoul - Chapter 15

Title: Cold and Damp II [Dead Seoul] Pairings: Hanchul, Kyumin, Kangteuk, (One Sided) Eunhae Genre: Zombie!AU Rating: PG15 Warnings: mentions…

• fic: Horoyoi Cola-Sour 3%

Title: Horoyoi Cola-Sour 3% Pairing: Kangin/Leeteuk Rating: G Word Count: 1130 Summary: Youngwoon is trying to sleep but it's difficult when…

• [001] freefall

Title: Freefall Rating: PG-13 Pairings: Leeteuk/Kangin Disclaimer: I don't own SJ. Never will. Summary: Ten thousand feet in the air, Kangin…

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 11 comments

• Dead Seoul - Chapter 15

Title: Cold and Damp II [Dead Seoul] Pairings: Hanchul, Kyumin, Kangteuk, (One Sided) Eunhae Genre: Zombie!AU Rating: PG15 Warnings: mentions…

• fic: Horoyoi Cola-Sour 3%

Title: Horoyoi Cola-Sour 3% Pairing: Kangin/Leeteuk Rating: G Word Count: 1130 Summary: Youngwoon is trying to sleep but it's difficult when…

• [001] freefall

Title: Freefall Rating: PG-13 Pairings: Leeteuk/Kangin Disclaimer: I don't own SJ. Never will. Summary: Ten thousand feet in the air, Kangin…