dancing berry (bl4ckm4lice) wrote in miracle______,
dancing berry
bl4ckm4lice
miracle______

Spellbound (1/15) (Super Junior, Siwon/Kyuhyun, 01)

Title: Spellbound (1/15)
Author/Artist: bl4ckm4lice
Pairing: Siwon/Kyuhyun
Fandom/Genre: Super Junior / AU Magical Schoolboys
Theme: 01. love for 15_spells
Warning: Slash
Disclaimer: Yep, fiction
Rating: PG
Summary: Kyuhyun has no idea what has he done wrong in his past life to deserve such unwanted attention from his seatmate, a Shifter.
Notes: So, a new, supposedly low-pressure (short) chaptered fics. Be warned that this is no srs bsns and I just want to have fun :)

"Changmin," Kyuhyun said as he knocked on the fishbowl. "I think your pet is dead."

"WHAT!?" Changmin shouted from the bathroom and scrambled to Kyuhyun's side while still buttoning his shirt. "NO!" He knocked on the fishbowl rapidly. Miraculously, the fish which previously floated upside down, swam back to life as if nothing happened. "Thank God, I can't walk inside my first class without a pet..." Changmin let out a huge sigh of relief while Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

"Seriously, you're so bad at taking care of your pet. Scratch that, you're horrible with animals. Why do you even choose Tamer as your secondary license?"

"That's why I choose a pet with low maintenance. Besides I don't want to get stuck remembering which liquids to mix with which ingredients to create beers or cocktails. I can just go to the bar and buy them in a few years."

"Hey! No badmouthing my choice," Kyuhyun pouted. "Not everyone wants the Fuser license just to get their hands on alcoholic drinks before legal age."

"Yeah, not everyone, but I bet more than half your class."

The slightly older boy glared at his dorm mate since forever. "Are you done or can I leave you behind?"

Changmin grabbed his bag and swung his school jacket over his shoulder. His eyes turned blue and he whispered, "Stay with me" with his other voice at the fishbowl, which hovered towards him and stayed above his head. "I'm done."

They walked down the hallway towards the school building together. It was always so noisy in the morning, everyone chatting endlessly. Kyuhyun could see some people obviously taking the same Tamer beginner classes as Changmin because their pets were in carriers or on leashes. The trained Tamers just walked leisurely with their pets loyally following them or perched on them.

As they passed the school ground, loud screeches could be heard from above. It was no surprise, more than weekly occurrences even, but still Kyuhyun raised his head in reflex. A flock of eagles, which by itself showed that they were no ordinary eagles as normal ones didn't flock, flew down from the direction of the tower dorms. As they neared the ground, the eagles quickly morphed back into their original forms: Shifters.

"Showoff, as usual," Kyuhyun clicked his tongue. He looked away without paying attention to who they were. He hardly knew the Shifter students anyway. "At least you're not taking that as your secondary license, Changmin."

"You mean you didn't let me."

"What? You wanted to?"

"Hey, no need to get hostile. At least changing forms into animals would be easier than taking care of one."

"I just don't want to see how annoying you would be if you take the Shifter classes," Kyuhyun shrugged. "You're annoying enough already."

"How am I bestfriends with you?" The younger boy said with an exaggerated sigh, but not without flinging an arm around Kyuhyun.

"Ah, my class is here," Kyuhyun's tracks stopped when he saw the sign above the door. He patted Changmin's back and made his way inside. "See you later at lunch!"

The class was half-filled already, mostly at the back and few at the front. He didn't see anyone he knew, so he claimed one of the empty pair of seats around the middle of the class and claimed it, half-hoping that his seatmate later would be fun or at least bearable as he knew secondary license classes paired seatmates a lot so they can help each other learning something new at such age, after many years of focusing on only their main license.

"Hi!"

Kyuhyun blinked as someone sat down next to him. He didn't recognize the face, handsome even in the eyes of the boys, with thick eyebrows and thin lips. His hair was gelled up in a bit of a flashy way, and Kyuhyun had a feeling that he was a Shifter. The other boy was looking at him with such an expectant expression and Kyuhyun blinked. "Do I know you?"

Strangely, the boy looked a bit dazed at hearing his voice. He snapped out of it on his own and answered with a wide grin. "My name's Choi Siwon, Shifter." Correct. The boy (Siwon) offered his hand and Kyuhyun hesitantly shook it. The shake lasted longer than it supposed to be. "Now you only need to tell me your name and then we know each other."

"O...kay."

"So? What's your name?"

Despite his infamous rude nature, Kyuhyun really thought he wasn't that rude. Or else he would've kicked the stranger away to let someone else, someone more normal sit next to him, instead of actually answering the question. "...Cho Kyuhyun."

"Are you a Chanter?"

Kyuhyun nodded and the boy sighed dreamily. "I knew it, your voice is so beautiful. I can fall asleep listening to that voice."

Okay, this was getting out of hand. Chanters were known for their beautiful voices, but such compliment from a stranger was seriously abnormal. "Are... are you gonna sit there...?"

Now Siwon put his bag on the table. "I saw the seat wasn't taken, or was it?"

"...No, but..." Kyuhyun looked around and he could see a group of people staring at them from the back of the class. "Aren't those your friends?"

"Yeah, but I'd rather sit with you."

"You don't know me."

"Didn't we just get to know each other? I already know your name now and the fact that you're a Chanter, befittingly if I may say."

The boy narrowed his eyes at Siwon, questioning his motive. But he seemed harmless with that goofy grin on his face and those friendly (weirdly friendly) eyes directed at him. Kyuhyun just hoped that he wasn't an idiot that wouldn't be a drag to partner with. At least he had the book for the class so that would tell Kyuhyun the boy wasn't planning to around the whole year.

"Good morning everyone!" At that time, the teacher walked in and stood in front of the whole class. "My name is Park Jungsoo and I'm gonna be your teacher for this class. I want us all to start on the same page, that means no spells or forecasts or anything else unless I say they are allowed. Now! You all have taken your seats and I see no one sits alone, which is good because your seatmate is gonna be your partner."

Kyuhyun had to stop himself from glancing at his seatmate, but he could feel the other boy's stare. As the teacher continued to talk about the rules of the class, the stare grew more intense, more uncomfortable. Kyuhyun was about to snap and live up to his reputation as a rude person when Siwon shifted closer to him.

"Hey, this might sound strange, but..." Siwon leaned in even closer to whisper, not too close to Kyuhyun's ear but enough to nearly made him jump from the sudden uncomfortable proximity. "Do you believe in love at first sight?"

A cold chill ran through his body and even though he didn't have the smallest piece of talent of a Reader (even Changmin had often teased him about how oblivious he was), Kyuhyun could see a dark shadow looming over his future. His very near future. He knew he should act, soon, to prevent the unwanted things from happening to him. By soon, he meant now.

Kyuhyun stood up, gathering his things together.

"What do you think you're doing, Mr..." The teacher's brown eyes turned purple, a sign that he was also licensed as a Reader. "Mr. Cho Kyuhyun?"

"Mr. Jungsoo... I would like to change my seat."

"And why is that?"

Kyuhyun glanced awkwardly at Siwon, who was pouting at him. Sadly, his panicked mind was unable to come up with a good excuse (like 'I can't see the board very well from here', Kyuhyun mused later on) "I-I..."

"Well, sadly the class had begun and I prefer we carry on with this arrangement. I don't appreciate any disturbance in my class. Unless someone here is willing to trade seat with Mr Cho Kyuhyun?"

Yes, there were. Some girls apparently wanted to jump into the chance of sitting with Choi Siwon, as proven with their quiet giggles (Kyuhyun noticed that much in such a short time, but he couldn't came up with a good excuse to change seat? He mused again later on). But they weren't fast enough to raise their hands and the teacher already hinted he didn't want to bother with it. "None! Good. Now we can continue. Please sit back down, Mr. Cho Kyuhyun. That seat is gonna be yours for the rest of the year."

Kyuhyun stared at his teacher, almost pleadingly for a few seconds, but Mr. Jungsoo already turned around and began to write on the board. Now the boy could only pray that his gut was wrong, that Siwon didn't mean it that way--.

"You're so mean, I just confessed to you and you already wanted to run away," Siwon continued to pout, whispering to him again. "But I think I can like that side of you as well."

Tbc~

Tags: pairing: siwon/kyuhyun
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 15 comments