My stats are not my personality. (shieldkitten) wrote in miracle______,
My stats are not my personality.
shieldkitten
miracle______

I had two ideas for this theme so I just wrote them both.

100 fic challenge [#064.] Balance, Kyuhyun/Kyuhyun, OT13
Title: Kyuhyun's new bed
Length: 518 words
Author: shieldkitten
Rating: G
Summary: Kyuhyun gets a new bed, and everyone wants on.

Kyuhyun tilts his head, admiring his bed. It is brand new, never-been-slept-in, and it is his, his, his. With a grin he climbs on and lays flat on his back, staring at the ceiling and marvelling at how much closer it looks when one is on a bed compared to when one is on a mattress on the floor.

Sungmin appears and asks if it is comfortable. Kyuhyun invites him to see for himself. Sungmin lies facing him, arms curled up under himself, and wriggles and declares that it is even more comfortable than his own, and therefore he is going to sleep there tonight.

Kyuhyun is dreaming about danhobak when he feels someone climb in behind him. He turns to see Shindong giving him a sheepish look. Apparently Shindong spilt ramen on his bed and needs somewhere else to sleep. Kyuhyun shifts closer to Sungmin to give Shindong more room. They have barely settled in again when Ryeowook and Yehsung decide to curl up at Kyuhyun's feet. They don't offer an explanation, but Kyuhyun doesn't mind the added warmth, and so he doesn't ask. He does ask when Donghae and Eunhyuk suddenly decide that draping themselves on top of Shindong is a better alternative to sleeping on their own beds, and Donghae says it's because the aliens have bugged his room and are trying to spy on his dreams, and Eunhyuk says it's because Shindong smells like ramen and who doesn't like ramen?

Siwon gets in, protesting about being left out, and Hankyung gets in, following Siwon, so Heechul gets in, as a matter of course. He spends five minutes trying to rearrange everyone so that he gets the most space in the bottom left corner of the bed, claiming that it is time everyone learnt to respect his personal space. Finally, Hankyung rolls on top of Heechul and smushes Heechul's face against his chest, and all is quiet.

Kyuhyun wakes up with a start when Kangin dive bombs the bed and everyone on it, but is too tired to move at this point so he lets Kangin pull Eeteuk on top. He does raise an objection when, in the subsequent shifting to avoid anyone falling off the bed, someone's hand gets pressed very firmly against his ass, but it turns out to be Sungmin, and Kyuhyun supposes that's all right, then.

Kibum arrives in the morning, and twelve pairs of eyes look at him from various angles. Donghae suggests Kibum join them, and Kibum glances at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun shrugs and pulls Sungmin closer, leaving a bit of room for Kibum to fit in, though Kibum will have to rest his head on Siwon's hip.

There is a collective sigh once Kibum is settled, and Kyuhyun thinks that he really, really likes his new bed.

Something creaks, and then something splinters. Kyuhyun barely has time to blink in consternation when something cracks, and suddenly Kyuhyun doesn't have a bed so much as another mattress and a lot of firewood.

"You're all buying me a new one," he tells them before rolling over and going back to sleep.

100 fic challenge [#064.] Balance, Kyuhyun/Kyuhyun
Title: Self-discovery
Length: 442 words
Author: shieldkitten
Rating: G
Summary: Kyuhyun progresses from being a trainee on his own to being a part of Super Junior.

Kyuhyun watches Super Junior on television, sees their posters in the hallway and hears the fans screaming outside, and he wishes, and he wishes, and he wishes.

I wish that were me.

Kyuhyun has hopes and dreams and promises he's made, and he practices every day as he takes his lessons and learns how to be an idol, thinking 'soon, they said soon'.

I have what it takes.

Kyuhyun hears promises every month, every fortnight, every week. 'It's a sure thing this time', or 'we may have to change your concept a bit, but we should be able to fit you in', or 'if you learn to dance too we might let you go solo', and he learns to stop raising his hopes each time, until the day comes when they tell him he's joining Super Junior, and he doesn't feel a thing.

I don't believe it.

Kyuhyun stares around the circle of people whose names he's already beginning to forget, and most of them smile at him, though some of them don't, and it's enough to make him stammer, enough to make his bows look awkward and insincere.

"What year were you born?" One of them asks, and Kyuhyun thinks his name is Ryuwook. Kyuhyun tells him, and someone laughs and ribs Ryuwook about not being the magnae anymore, and Eeteuk turns to him and says 'welcome to Super Junior'.

I'm sorry to intrude.

Kyuhyun possesses two left feet and two right arms and a lamentable sense of direction, so he crashes into Donghae and jabs Kangin in the eye and apologises and apologises and begs Shindong to give him private lessons on the choreography so he doesn't waste everyone's time.

I want to prove myself.

Kyuhyun sings in front of them for the first time, and at first no one talks, and then everyone talks at once, and they drag Kyuhyun to a Noraebang and key in the digits of all the sappiest ballads ever released in the past five years. Yehsung and Ryeowook sandwich Kyuhyun between them, and no one complains, even if they hog the microphones till their voices grow hoarse.

I want to belong.

Kyuhyun bursts into tears and dives into Shindong's arms, and Shindong is crying just as hard, and Ryeowook burrows in between them. Someone shoves the Mutizen award into Kyuhyun's hand, and he stares at it for a second before handing it to Eunhyuk, who passes it to Kibum, who pushes it at Kangin, who gives it to Eeteuk, and among the tears and the hysterical laughter Kyuhyun is aware of the fact that they have to give an encore.

We are Super Junior.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 13 comments