• Music:

Mirror (1/x)

Title: Mirror
Pairings: Kyumin, side!Sihae
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Drama
Rating: PG-13
Chapter: 1/x
Word Count: 1214
Summary: Kyuhyun wakes up and discovers that he is actually from Mirrio, and is in danger that could result in his death.

It was a mystery as to how the mirror got to the middle of Kyuhyun's bedroom. He wouldn't have minded if it were placed somewhere discrete, unnoticeable. However, the offending object was right in the middle of his walkway. The teenager cursed, then ran downstairs to where his parents were having breakfast.
"Why is there a huge full-length mirror in my bedroom?" Kyuhyun questioned, his voice filled with annoyance.
-
"Your parents went through the portal and told you to follow them," came an immediate reply.
-
Kyuhyun looked around, confused. "Who said that?"
-
"Look down," the voice commanded. "Here!"
-
Kyuhyun followed the voice, unsure of what to expect. As he looked down and scanned his surroundings, he found a pink persian cat sitting on his mother's new rug. "Huh?"
-
"The name's Sungmin," the cat replied.
-
Kyuhyun blinked, taken back by the talking cat. "W- what? You're not supposed to be able to talk."
-
The cat laughed. "I'm not supposed to do a lot of things, really. But I do it anyways."
-
"Impossible," Kyuhyun muttered, hoping that all of this was just a dream. 
-
"Look, Einstein; didn't school teach you that theories are just claims, and that these theories are subjected to chance once there is new information?"
-
"Yes, but-"
-
"Humans are stupid," Sungmin interrupted, sighing. "I can't believe someone hasn't discovered our secret yet..."
-
"Our secret?" Kyuhyun asked, indecrelous. He never wanted to be associated with the cat which was now on his father's favorite couch.
-
"You're a Mirrian," Sungmin stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "What's your natural hair color?"
-
"...blue."
-
Sungmin purred. "A blue husky, I like."
-
"H- HUSKY?" Kyuhyun sputtered, confused. "Last time I checked, I was human."
-
"Your parents are away to set-up your coming-of-age ceremony in Mirrio," Sungmin elaborated. "That's why I was required to come here to babysit you."
-
Kyuhyun scoffed. "I'm not a baby; I have no need for a babysitter."
-
"Says you."
-
Kyuhyun decided to ignore the sarcasm in Sungmin's voice. "So, uh...can you turn into human form?"
-
Sungmin nodded. "One second."
-
Before Kyuhyun's eyes, Sungmin transformed from a persian can into an attractive teenager with bright pink hair. The only thing missing were Sungmin's clothes.
-
Sungmin blushed, his hands automatically covering his crotch."I haven't really gotten the hang of transforming."
-
"Obviously," Kyuhyun remarked, taking off his jacket and throwing it in Sungmin's direction. "Cover yourself before my brother comes down."
-
"Siwon's here?" Sungmin asked, surprised. "I thought he already left for Mirrio."
-
"Y- you know my hyung?" Kyuhyun asked, bewildered.
-
"Siwon and I went to the same university," Sungmin replied, tying the jacket around his waist. "Have you never heard your brother complaining about his roommate who loves pink?"
-
"THAT WAS YOU?" Kyuhyun thundered, suddenly pissed. Because of Sungmin, he had to listen to his hyung's no-stop complaints for a whole entire month.
-
"...sorry?" Sungmin apologized, offering Kyuhyun a smile that said: "I didn't mean to."
-
Just at that moment, a loud thud was heard from upstairs. 
-
Kyuhyun sighed. "Hyung's at it again. I swear this is like their 5th round."
-
Sungmin's eyes widened, brimming with tears. "Siwon has a boyfriend now?"
-
Kyuhyun nodded slowly, noticing the hurt in Sungmin's eyes. "Yeah...Hyung is now engaged to Donghae. They met each other during Hyung's intership."
-
Sungmin sniffed. The tears that threatened to fall were now slowly gravitating towards the floor. "Oh."
-
Kyuhyun hesitantly pulled Sungmin into an embrace, unsure of what to make of the situation. "Are you alright?"
-
Sungmin nodded into Kyuhyun's shoulder, welcoming the warmth that the other gave him. "I'm f- fine, just a bit s- surprised, that's all."
-
"It's alright to be sad, Sungmin," Kyuhyun replied, understanding fully how Sungmin felt. It was he who introduced Donghae to his hyung. Kyuhyun was the first person who set his eyes on Donghae, but it was his brother who claimed him. No one could resist his brother's smile.
-
Sungmin looked up towards Kyuhyun's face to check to see whether the latter was mocking him or not. To his surprise, it looked as if Kyuhyun was genuinely sympathetic. Satisfied, he moved out of the younger Choi sibling's arms. 
-
Knowing that it was impossible to have a second chance with Siwon, Sungmin promised to himself that this would be the last time he shed tears for his ex-roommate. Besides, this was his chance to reconcile with Siwon, even if there was no hope to be anything to the older Choi sibling but just a friend. The thought in itself was bittersweet, and Sungmin was unsure of what would happen when he saw Siwon again. Another bang sounded, followed by a cacophony of feet meeting wood.
-
"Siwon-ah, stop chasing me!" Donghae shouted as he ran downstairs to hide behind his friend. "Hyunnie, please stop your brother from raping me! I'm so freaking sore I can't even walk properly."
-
Kyuhyun made a face at the nickname Donghae used, then turned towards his older brother. "Hyung, stop it!"
-
Siwon smiled apologetically at his younger brother, then noticed that an oddly familiar stranger was standing half-naked in his living room. He bowed at the man before raising his eyebrow in Kyuhyun and Donghae's direction.
-
"Hyung, this is Sungmin," Kyuhyun introduced, slightly confused. "...don't you remember him?"
-
"LEE SUNGMIN?" Siwon questioned, his eyes wide. This couldn't be happening. The person standing in his living room could not be his pink-loving roommate.
-
"Yeah," Sungmin replied, looking at the floor. He felt so exposed under Siwon's menacing gaze. It didn't help that he was naked in someone else's house. "Your parents sent me to babysit Kyuhyun before his coming-of-age ceremony."
-
"Oh," Siwon uttered, still trying to process all of the facts.
-
Kyuhyun cleared his throat as an attempt to eliminate the awkwardness in the air. He turned towards Siwon. "You've got major explaining to do, Hyung."
-
Siwon shifted nervously. "Yeah, about that...you know how you always made fun of the amount of grey hair I had? I told you it was because I was stressed, but in actuality I was born with it. When I was eighteen, Umma explained to me how my hair color would determine my coat color, and that our family were huskies. Ever since I was old enough to comprehend, Appa told me about how we were different. He also told me that a war was imminent, and that we would have to hide our true identities. That mirror in your room is our only way of contacting other Mirriams. We hid it in the attic, knowing that you would never go up there."
-
Kyuhyun nodded slowly, trying to process everything being said to him. "So you knew all along but didn't tell me?"
-
"Sorry, Kyu. I would, but I wasn't allowed. Since you're turning eighteen soon, it would be impossible to hide this from you as your ability to transform will be activated."
-
"That's why your parents are preparing for your coming-of-age ceremony," Sungmin added.
-
"Oh."

-------------------------------------------

New awkward fanfic is awkward.
-
I wrote this on my iPhone, so if there are typos, sorry.
-
Comments will determine whether this fanfic will be continued or not.
-
Since I really am unsure about it.

Tags: pairing: donghae/siwon, pairing: sungmin/kyuhyun
Subscribe

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 4 comments