mystery_scene
mystery_scene
miracle______

Title: Or Maybe That's Just the Sound of My Heart Breaking [chapter 7]
Author: mystery
Pairing: KyuMin
Rating: R
Genre: Romance, implied smut, some humor
Disclaimer: If I owned them, there’s no way in hell I’d write this half-assed shit about them. I’d film them 24/7.
Warning(s): Implied smut  and implied mpreg
Summary: Kyuhyun and Sungmin met at a very young age, yet it was evident that they were perfect for each other, like missing halves of a whole. But then one day Sungmin is snatched away from Kyuhyun - what has happened to him, and what will his friends and family do?
Author’s Note: This is the last chapter~ but there's an epilogue after this ^^
It's kind of a little rushed, but I hope it's not too bad.
Fanfiction Masterlist

Previos: chapter one (character introduction) / chapter two / chapter three / chapter four / chapter five / chapter six

---

It took time, but eventually Sungmin was almost fully recovered. He was as happy and friendly as he used to be, despite that he no longer liked it when people touched him, even if it was just accidentally. Everyone who ever visited Ryeowook’s restaurant absolutely loved his desserts and sometimes he’d work as a waiter as well if someone was sick; he successfully got every customer to fall in love with him in a split second.

Sungmin saw no problem with it, but Kyuhyun didn’t particularly like those teenage girls’ eyes on his boyfriend’s lithe form. Every single time. Even now, when he was just a table away and taking orders, he saw the girls at the table Sungmin was taking orders flirting with him. When he’d finally finished writing down the orders, he went over to the older man.

“Any problems?” he asked, one eyebrow raised. Sungmin grinned at him and the girls giggled. Maybe they thought they could hit two birds with one stone.

“Not at all, oppa,” the bravest of them cooed. “I was just asking Sungmin-oppa how old he is, but he won’t answer.”

“He won’t answer because that’s not for you to know, now quickly tell him your orders, okay,” Kyuhyun said, not moving from where he was standing next to Sungmin. One of the girls frowned.

“But oppa… we’re not going to hurt him,” she said, attempting a pout. Kyuhyun’s eyes narrowed as he glared at her.

“And how can I be sure of that?” he retorted, voice turning cold. Sungmin put a hand on his arm to keep him somewhat calm. Some of the girl seemed genuinely curious by now, the others just annoyed.

“Do you have to be sure of that?” the same girl asked. She was one of the annoyed ones.

“Actually, yes,” Kyuhyun said. The girl looked skeptical. “’Cause he’s mine.”

“What do you mean, ‘yours’? You can’t own a person!” she protested. Sungmin giggled then, effectively breaking the uncomfortable atmosphere.

“But he does own me. I’m his and he’s mine,” he said, smiling. “Now, were you finished with your orders?”

The girls shook their heads, watching with wide eyes as Kyuhyun and Sungmin walked away towards the kitchen, Kyuhyun’s arm around the other’s shoulders.

“Maybe I should put a tag on you,” Kyuhyun mused as they made their way over to Ryeowook to give him the orders. “’Property of Cho Kyuhyun’ or something like that.”

Sungmin laughed and said nothing as he stood on his toes to give Kyuhyun a quick kiss.

~~

Six months later, Ryeowook was quite taken aback as Sungmin rushed into the kitchen the first thing he did when he arrived at the restaurant, bouncing around and generally acting like a little ball of sunshine energy.

“Ryeowook-ah, guess what?” he shouted, coming to a near-stop in front of Ryeowook, grinning so widely the smaller man was afraid his face would split.

“No, what?” he asked, smiling back nonetheless because it was still rare that Sungmin was this energetic… When he wasn’t drunk.

“Kyuhyun proposed to me!” Sungmin yelled, proudly showing off the ring on his finger. Ryeowook found himself grinning wider.

“Oh my God, really?!” he squealed, effectively gaining the attention of everyone in the kitchen. He waved them back to their jobs, not even glancing at them. Sungmin nodded and Ryeowook noticed the happy tears in his eyes.

Ryeowook didn’t hesitate for a second to step forward and hug Sungmin tightly, giggling when the other lifted him up and spun him around. When he was set down, they were met with Kyuhyun’s wide grin.

“Care to be a guest of honor, Ryeowook?” he asked. Ryeowook’s eyes widened and he covered his mouth with his hand, shocked.

“I-I… um…” he stuttered, unable to think of much at all.

“We’ll get married in France, right, Kyu-ah?” Sungmin said, looking up at Kyuhyun with sparkling eyes as the younger pulled him flush against his side. Kyuhyun smiled and nodded, but Ryeowook could see he wanted to jump around and laugh in excitement as well, just like Sungmin. He just had too much manly pride to do so.

“Of course,” Kyuhyun said.

Ryeowook changed the theme of the restaurant for that day and both Kyuhyun and Sungmin received a lot of congratulations from workers and customers alike as everyone wanted to know the reasons for the festivities.

“What’s all this for?” Kyuhyun heard one customer ask Sungmin, gesturing around the colorfully decorated restaurant. Kyuhyun smiled to himself as he saw Sungmin grin widely.

“I’m getting married,” he answered and the woman immediately congratulated him.

“Is she pretty?” she asked. She was one of the regulars and Kyuhyun knew her quite well - she didn’t know Sungmin, though. He walked over to where Sungmin was blushing madly as he shook his head slightly. Kyuhyun pretended to be offended.

What?!” he exclaimed, eyes wide and lips parted in feigned shock. “You don’t think I’m good-looking?”

Sungmin hid his giggling behind his hands and the woman’s eyes widened.

“Oh,” she answered, smiling as she came over the initial shock. “I see. I’m very happy for you, you should know.”

Kyuhyun smiled widely back at her.

“So am I,” he said softly, kissing Sungmin’s cheek.

~~

It took a year until Sungmin’s French wedding dream could finally be fulfilled. The two of them had had to work a lot extra and they owed their parents a lot of money, but it was all worth it, Kyuhyun concluded as he watched a so-happy-he-was-sparkling Sungmin walk up the aisle, arm in arm with his mother. They had decided to change the traditions a little, but they still held within the few restrictions the Korean-speaking priest had given them.

Until Sungmin was standing in front of him, Kyuhyun’s heart had been going at a rate of a thousand miles an hour, but once Sungmin was in front of him it was only him and the oddly disembodied voice of the priest telling them what they had to promise.

They repeated the man’s words and leaned in for a kiss that had the guests catcalling once they were given permission. When they pulled apart, they smiled lovingly at each other until Sungmin broke into a laughing fit at the priest’s “husband and husband”, collapsing against Kyuhyun’s chest.

“Cho Sungmin, please pull yourself together,” Kyuhyun playfully reprimanded, loving how Sungmin’s new name rolled off his tongue.

They spent a long time mingling around with friends and family, but Kyuhyun was pulled off towards their hotel suite by a somewhat drunk Sungmin when the clock neared midnight.

“But Min, I’m talking to your parents!” Kyuhyun, who held his liquors much better than the other man, protested when Sungmin first pulled his arm. Sungmin giggled and leaned up to whisper in Kyuhyun’s ear that he wanted to be taken, now, first so slowly he’d go crazy and then hard and rough, enough to have him lose his mind and scream Kyuhyun’s name until his voice gave in.

He might’ve said it a little louder than he intended, because Kyuhyun could see Sungmin’s mother blush madly and his father look away in embarrassment.

“I see,” Kyuhyun asked, smirking at Sungmin and quickly working up a rather simple plan to have his revenge. “Why don’t you be a good boy and bid your parents goodnight first?”

Like he had expected, Sungmin hugged both of his parents - and like he’d expected, Sungmin accidentally pressed his crotch against their bodies when he did so. Mr. and Mrs. Lee’s eyes both widened and they hurried to tell their son goodnight.

Maybe Sungmin didn’t mind now as he happily skipped off with Kyuhyun in tow, but he certainly would tomorrow. He’d have to remember to apologize to both of his parents in law, though.

~~

Sungmin groaned and pulled the comforter over his head. The movement made him feel the soreness in his lower back; it didn’t hurt though, it just felt… It felt like he’d been thoroughly taken, just like he’d wanted.

“Kyu…” he groaned, reaching out for the man next to him, but finding nothing but crumpled, still-warm sheets.

“He’s in the shower,” another voice said, startling Sungmin enough to open his eyes. Big mistake. He managed to keep them open long enough to notice that it was his precious little brother, Sungjin, before he had to close them tightly again.

“Hey Jin,” he greeted. “Where’s Kyu? Oh, and mind getting me some aspirin? I swear my head will explode…”

Sungjin chuckled and Sungmin could hear him rummage around. Maybe Kyu had told him where they kept the aspirin? Sungmin hoped so.

“Kyu’s out getting breakfast for you. He should be back soon, told me to keep an eye on you until then,” Sungjin answered, giving Sungmin a small pill and standing up to get a glass of water for him.

Sungmin thankfully swallowed the pill as soon as his brother returned, only slightly disconcerted by the younger’s stare on him. Once he’d set the glass back on the bedside table, he went back to hiding from the sun and planned to do so until the aspirin had begun working.

“What?” he snapped once he’d had enough of Sungjin staring holes into his back. Sungjin chuckled.

“Nothing, Kyuhyun-sshi just told me to remind you of what happened yesterday, just when you pulled him off… So he’d be sure his little revenge worked,” Sungjin teased.

“What-“ Sungmin cut himself off as a memory popped into his mind. He groaned. Sungjin laughed.

“So it worked?” Kyuhyun mused as he stepped into the suite.

“Fuck you!” Sungmin yelled and felt like screaming in frustration when both his brother and his lover - wait, make that husband - laughed.

“Come on Min, get up. I want to enjoy our week in France, and I will not have you sulking through it,” Kyuhyun said, coaxing a shiver from Sungmin as he let his fingertips dance along his back over the silk fabric covering his skin.

“Mm,” Sungmin hummed, pushing the cover down slightly and turning his head to the side so he could look at the two men who were smiling at him. “I won’t get up while Jin’s still here.”

Sungjin laughed and Kyuhyun smirked.

“Why?” his brother asked. “It’s nothing I haven’t seen before anyway.”

Sungmin’s face turned beet red and Kyuhyun’s smirk widened.

“Actually…” he started, in a tone that made Sungjin’s eyes widen. “I might have left a mark or two.”

Sungmin shrieked as Kyuhyun slowly began pulling the comforter down and Sungjin quickly stood up, although Kyuhyun noted he was unable to tear his eyes away. Interesting.

“I-I think I’ll just, um…” Sungjin stuttered, freezing in his tracks as Kyuhyun pulled the comforter down just enough to reveal the many hickeys and love bites that littered Sungmin’s neck and shoulder blades. Sungmin whined in embarrassment and tried to pull it back up. Sungjin’s eyes were wide as saucers.

“What did you do to him?” he exclaimed, turning to look at Kyuhyun. The married couple laughed wholeheartedly at his shock.

“Oh, let’s just say I made love to him thoroughly…” Kyuhyun paused, stroking Sungmin’s cheek and chin with his fingertips while smiling lovingly at him. “Just like he wanted me to.”

Sungjin made a gagging noise as the couple leaned in for a not-so-chaste kiss and he tried to discreetly clear his throat when Sungmin let out a small moan into Kyuhyun’s mouth. However, the couple did not part. Quite the contrary; they moved closer together, opening their mouths further to allow each other better access.

“Guys!” Sungjin yelled, finally losing his patience. Sungmin and Kyuhyun jerked, startled, and pulled apart, but kept staring into each other’s eyes. Sungjin grimaced at the string of saliva that still connected their mouths.

“That was something I did not need to see. I’m going now,” Sungjin said, finally gaining the full attention of his brother and brother-in-law.

“Um, yeah… sorry,” Sungmin muttered, blushing. “See you later, Jin.”

“Don’t promise anything you can’t keep,” Sungjin teased and made a run for it before he had to see more of his brother’s life as a married man. He really didn’t want to know.

~~

The couple’s week in France was short, but very enjoyable. After that they went on honeymoon to a destination Heechul had chosen, which made them a little nervous. As it turned out, their destination was Iceland and Sungmin was overexcited before the flight, as per usual.

“Kyuhyunnie, we’re going to Iceland!” he yelled, bouncing up and down on his seat in the car. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes even though he was smiling.

“Yes we are, baby. Are you excited?” he asked, already knowing the answer as Sungmin nodded his head vigorously.

“We can ride those Icelandic horses, they’re so cute, and we can see those geysers and we can go on glacier and- oh, oh, oh! Kyuhyun! We can see a volcano!” Sungmin yelled, not even caring that they were not in the car anymore and people were staring. Kyuhyun laughed, slinging an arm around Sungmin’s shoulders.

“Yes, sweetheart,” he said in badly accented English. “We can.”

Sungmin was no better on the flight, all bouncy and not-sitting-still and talking to everyone and everything, including the stewardesses and Kyuhyun’s laptop. He even spoke to the characters in his book. In the end, Kyuhyun’s solution was to practically drag him to the bathroom and suck him off real good.

Sungmin crashed a few minutes after that.

He woke up again when the airplane went through some turbulence, immediately clutching Kyuhyun’s forearm in a death grip.

“Relax Min,” Kyuhyun chuckled, “it’s just some turbulence, nothing dangerous.”

Sungmin relaxed somewhat with those words, but he refused to relax fully until Kyuhyun coaxed him to it with loving kisses and sweet nothings in his ear. Kyuhyun smiled at the older man’s face once he was peacefully asleep once more. He really was beautiful, inside out; and that beauty was all Kyuhyun’s to treasure.

~~

When they came back from Iceland and Sungmin was done telling and re-telling everyone about what adventures he and Kyuhyun had experienced, Sungmin suddenly told Kyuhyun he thought they should get something new into their lives. Kyuhyun blanched.

“Like what?” he asked, watching Sungmin closely. Sungmin grinned.

“Like a cat!” he declared, and Kyuhyun relaxed.

“But I’d rather want a dog,” he teased. Sungmin giggled and playfully slapped his arm.

“You said that just ‘cause I suggested a cat! But if you want to, sure, we can get a dog too. And they’ll be named Star and Jelly - like in Starfish and Jellyfish, you know?” Sungmin said and Kyuhyun stared.

“Like in jellyfish and starfish?” he repeated, one eyebrow raised. Sungmin retorted by glaring at him and Kyuhyun quickly gave in.

A few weeks later, they had an adorable little kitten named Starfish stroking around the house. As soon as Donghae had heard about Sungmin’s ideas for names, he had become absolutely ecstatic - and strictly forbidden them to cut off the ‘fish’. Kyuhyun had to admit, it was pretty nice to have a kitten. It was pretty adorable too, even if it couldn’t even compete with Sungmin. When he told his husband this, Sungmin giggled and blushes, hiding his face in his hands.

“You’re too nice to me!” he’d said. Kyuhyun had just smiled, burying his face in Sungmin’s neck.

It wasn’t as nice to have a kitten, even an adorable one, when it interrupted his private moments with Sungmin. He’d wake up in the middle of the night only to find that Sungmin wasn’t wrapped around him anymore - but rather hugging that stupid kitten.

The fifth time it happened, Kyuhyun quite literally threw Starfish out of the bedroom, which made her meow angrily and caused Sungmin to wake up. They had a little argument, but Sungmin gave in when Kyuhyun almost began crying of frustration. The bedroom was off limits for Starfish after that.

When Starfish was a year old, they got a puppy named Jellyfish. Sungmin took care of most of Jellyfish’s training, as Kyuhyun did not want to deal with picking up poop and the like. He did however enjoy playing with the puppy. For a while. Kyuhyun would play with it for about ten minutes, but then there’d be a yell for Sungmin.

“Oops! Min, Jelly peed on the floor!” Kyuhyun would yell. It never failed.

Nonetheless, they were rather happy with their life and their ‘babies’ as Sungmin usually insisted on calling Star and Jelly. Sungmin was starting to relax, thinking that maybe Sungmin had forgotten about those real, adopted babies he’d spoke of a few years ago.

~~

He hadn’t. He’d just put it off for a few years, to see whether a married life with Kyuhyun and a cat and a dog would be as good as merely living with the man of his dreams. It was better than Sungmin had expected, if he was to tell the truth.

They were both nearing thirty anyway, and Sungmin thought they were old enough to have kids. He thought it through thoroughly before he confronted Kyuhyun, asking himself again and again whether he was ready to have kids. He always got to the same conclusion; yes, he was ready to have kids. He wanted kids.

“Kyuhyun, we need to talk,” Sungmin said one day during dinner, feeling slightly guilty when Kyuhyun’s face drained of all color quicker than Sungmin thought possible. Had he sounded too serious?

“You’re not divorcing me, right?” Kyuhyun asked, the insecurities he never showed anyone else shining through his voice. “Do I need to change? Please don’t leave me!”

“Calm down Kyu, of course I’m not divorcing you,” Sungmin said, going around the table and settling himself in the younger’s lap to calm him. “No, there’s something else I want to talk about.”

“… What’s that?” Kyuhyun asked, hesitantly and somewhat suspiciously. Sungmin wondered briefly how insecure Kyuhyun really was of himself as he took a deep breath, attempting to calm his racing heart and failing badly. It’s now or never, Sungmin.

“I’ve been thinking for a while and I… I want to have a child,” he managed to say without stuttering too much. The kitchen went silent. Sungmin felt his heart speed up even more.

“Are you sure you’re ready?” Kyuhyun murmured after a while. Sungmin looked into his eyes and nodded. He didn’t really trust his voice too much at that moment. Kyuhyun smiled and Sungmin felt himself begin to relax.

“Then of course we’ll have a child,” Kyuhyun said and Sungmin released a breath he didn’t know he’d been holding as a wide smile spread on his lips.

“I love you,” he laughed as he hugged Kyuhyun close.

“And I love you,” Kyuhyun grinned back, diving in for a deep kiss.

When they parted, Sungmin thought for a moment before he pouted.

“What is it now?” Kyuhyun asked, nudging Sungmin’s nose with his own and successfully bringing a small smile to the elder’s lips - how he managed to keep pouting at the same time, Kyuhyun had no idea.

“I just…” Sungmin paused, sighing. “It’s too bad I can’t become pregnant.”

Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin for a few moments, not believing his ears.

“… You want to be pregnant?” he asked then, the disbelief showing in his voice.

“Yeah,” Sungmin muttered. “I mean, it’s not that I don’t want to have an adopted child, I’d love it just as much, but… It’d be even better if the child was a hundred percent our own, right?”

“You do have a point there,” Kyuhyun mumbled and caught Sungmin’s lips with his own once more, trying to conceal how his brain had started working furiously with Sungmin’s words.

Maybe there was a way for Sungmin to get pregnant…? If there was, Kyuhyun didn’t care how much money it would cost, as long as Sungmin was happy.

He would really do anything for Sungmin.
Tags: pairing: sungmin/kyuhyun
Subscribe

• Stay With Me

Title : Stay With Me Pairing : HaeHyuk Genre : Drama/Comedy (teensy bit of angst) Rating : PG-13 (eventual NC-17) Ch: 2 /? Warning :…

• All of Me

Title : Stay With Me Pairing : HaeHyuk Genre : Drama/Comedy (teensy bit of angst) Rating : PG-13 (eventual NC-17) Ch: 1/? Warning :…

• All of Me

Title : All of Me Pairing: HaeHyuk Genre: Fluff/Smut Rating: NC-17 Warning: Some spelling/grammar errors…

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 3 comments