April 15th, 2008

unknown variable

Behold the face of thy Doom

7:38 PM 4/14/08 · As villains go, Doctor Doom is fundamentally in a class all his own. Most bad guys want the accumulation of wealth, or some petty vendetta fulfilled, or because they want their people to kill off everyone else that isn't like them. However, with Doom it's something else entirely.

He just wants to rule the world.

Funny thing, he's done it.

Off the top of my head I can think of no less than 5 times Doctor Doom has entirely conquered the Earth. What's interesting about it is that each time he's done it he's not only gotten his way entirely but he's established world peace, provided food for everybody, solved the world's power problems, and pretty much fixed absolutely every little thing. Granted, a fairly total mind control was in play but still...

...the only reason Doom lost his hold on the world was because he got bored. It's taken him several tries before he got it into his head that it was more the challenge of taking over the world than actually getting it.

Each time a way was discovered by a relatively small strike force and Doom just stopped trying and went back to a new plot.

I like Doom.

Doom is cool.

Collapse )
  • Current Music
    Return of the Jedi