Alexa (invisible934) wrote in invisibleicons_,
Alexa
invisible934
invisibleicons_

• Mood:

Knight's Tale Tutorial

Hi everybody! I have finally, FINALLY made a tutorial at the request of many.

Now, I usually love to search other’s tutorials to try different styles and all, but this is one I have coined and I have made up. So DO NOT STEAL IT. Use it for ideas. This same thing will not work on every picture you try. Just change it a bit to suit your needs. If I do see you completely recreating my icons, I will send my evil minions after you. Ha ha.

Okay, first I found a picture from teh_indy's screencaps.  I cropped it and sharpened it and all:

Then I duplicated it again and applied soft light to it, 100%:

Yah, easy enough. Then I added a dark blue colour to a new layer, and set it to exclusion 100%:

Then I duplicated the background again (the base) and dragged it up to the top. I set it to soft light 100%:

New layer. I filled it with a tannish colour #CCC881, and set it to multiply 70%:

Then I decided it was too dark. I duplicated the base again and dragged (or drug?) it up to the top, set it to screen 35%. Ah, that’s better.

Okay, enough of this. Now for the fun stuff.

I added a purpley gradient (by crumblingwalls ) to it, and set it to multiply 25%:

to   

Then another gradient by crumblingwalls  that’s yellowish-greenish-blueish (Ha, I'm very descriptive, aren't I?). Multiply 23%:

to  

That’s basically it for the icon itself. I added the text “Golden Years” to it, Times, size 3, (with 200 resolution) and a whole bunch of small text underneath.

Add a black border, and you’re done!

You can visit invisibleicons_ to see the complete set of icons that this one came from.

Other Tidbits:

-I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0

-This icon isn’t exactly the original. It’s hard to duplicate an icon one made a week after one made it!

-I adore constructive criticism. This is my first tutorial, after all!

-Any questions? Spit them out.

</span>
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 30 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →