rinna_delenn (rinna_delenn) wrote in hellskitchen_,
rinna_delenn
rinna_delenn
hellskitchen_

• Mood:

RIP Rachel Brown (Season Two)

I just realized that nothing had been posted about this.

Last month, Rachel from season two passed away from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/obituaries/stories/DN-brownobit_0526gl.ART.State.Edition1.43243d7.html

Rachel Brown: Oak Cliff chef

03:03 PM CDT on Saturday, May 26, 2007
By JOYCE SÁENZ HARRIS / The Dallas Morning News
jharris@dallasnews.com

A memorial service will be held today for Oak Cliff chef Rachel Brown, who gained fame last summer as a contestant on the Fox reality series Hell's Kitchen. Ms. Brown, 41, was found dead in her family's Bedford home May 9.

Ms. Brown's body was discovered in her bed, according to the Tarrant County medical examiner's office. The cause of death was a gunshot wound, but the circumstances are still under investigation, a spokesman said.

Over the past 11 years, she worked in the food and hospitality industry and ran a catering company, Chefs on Call, in Oak Cliff. She had also worked as a personal chef and as a teacher of children's cooking classes at Sur La Table, a culinary specialty shop in Dallas.

During the second season of Hell's Kitchen, Ms. Brown was eliminated in the fifth episode but came back in the last show to assist Heather West in her final victory.

She is survived by her parents, Claude K. and V. Lianne Brown of Bedford; her brother, Durward Brown; her sisters, Sarah York, Mary Brown and Elizabeth Smesny; and five nephews and three nieces.

The memorial service is set for 2 p.m. at Lucas Funeral Home, 1321 Precinct Line Road in Hurst.
Subscribe

• Season 13 Anybody?

I am excited! Anybody have a favorite cook yet?

• Questions for The Fans of HK

Has anyone been watching the latest season of Hell's Kitchen? If you have what do you think of it? Thanks in advance horrorfangirl

• So who do you think will win?

Okay I watched the first part of the season finale of Hell's Kitchen and the final two are Christina and Justin. And when it came down to the…

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 6 comments