Queen of Music (dove95) wrote in excuse_me___,
Queen of Music
dove95
excuse_me___

Weird One

Describe an event from your childhood, without using the word "childhood."

One of the things that sticks out the most is probably the first showcase of my weirdness.

My teeth have always had gaps and I thought for sure that I'd have to wear braces, but the dentist told me that I have "healthy" gaps meaning that it's easier to floss than to tighten them up and since I've never had a cavity. I digress . . .

My mom, her boyfriend, and I attended a viewing of the Sesame Street Ice Capades (I think this is why I always love watching figure skating as cheesy as the Ice Capades are). I begged my mom for a souvenir: I got a Sesame Street button to wear on my shirt. It had Ernie and Cookie Monster on it, who are my favorites. Before we left though, I also asked for something to drink. I was really thirsty and even helped my mom finish her soda too.

On the car ride home, I took the two straws and stuck them over my two front teeth. I tapped my mom and said, "Hey, look, Mom! I'm Bugs Bunny!"

She told me to take them off, that I might hurt my teeth, but she was laughing and took a picture.

That image of my weirdness is forever engrained in my mind.

P.S. I can still put straws on my front teeth too; we all need our refuge to be a kid again.

x-posted in my LJ
Tags: w/o_the_word_childhood
Subscribe

• Fear love.

" Fear, love," he explained to me softly, "is something you must never worry about with us." Finally, safe and secure. A blanket of warmth and pure…

• (no subject)

Missing Out "Fear love," you had said it so earnestly that I still haven't forgotten-- those hollow circles running orbits around your tired eyes…

• Fear Love

Fear, love, would you like a cup of tea? You've become quite a character in my life, and now I love you, Fear. Don't let go your pincer-like grip…

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments