Tori (__tedious) wrote in excuse_me___,
Tori
__tedious
excuse_me___

• Mood:
  • Music:
Describe an event from your childhood, without using the word "childhood."

I don't remember what your voice sounded like, princess. I remember more of your friends than I do of you. I have no singular event to exactly remember you. Step for step; eyelash to lipstick; '80s earrings, and clothing. I'm bigger than you, I've out-lived you, princess. I've tried to fit into that flower dress for three years, since mom found it. It has never fit well, and I don't think I could get into it now. I'm taller, because I'm a lot more willowy than you were. Then, I don't have a memory of whether you were ungodly thin, or average.
    The only vivid memory I have of you, princess, is the beads. The time mom told me to go look and see if everyone was smoking in there. I knocked on the door, and you all were. You ran over to me and pushed me through the beads in front of the entrance way of the room. I was a fucking three year old, and I was being abused. Even mom said I was almost completely neglected when I was little. I came back to mom in her rocking chair, I think with cigarette in hand. I don't remember if I was crying, I just remember telling mom that she pushed me out of the door. I don't remember being comforted, I remember being nodded at. Pushed aside like some smoke, or some brush.
    I was reading about Carl Rogers (I think), who believed that when you're little, you figure out what people think is good and bad, by how your parents react to what you do. I must've done something really wrong to have always felt this bad.
Tags: w/o_the_word_childhood
Subscribe

• Weird One

Describe an event from your childhood, without using the word "childhood." One of the things that sticks out the most is probably the first…

• I was a Little Shit.

Describe an event from your childhood, without using the word "childhood." When I was less in age, I loved myself. This was long before. I let the…

• (no subject)

Describe an event from your childhood, without using the word "childhood." ---- one. in a purple friendship booklet dated back to fifth grade, a…

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 5 comments