mind is all a-flutter (wolfelements) wrote in elementals_,
mind is all a-flutter
wolfelements
elementals_

Of Nature.

Basics
Name: Jo
Likes: Writing, reading, my kitty, sleeping, meditation, collecting books, video games, painting, drawing, spending time in my back yard.
Dislikes: Stalkers, hair spray, the sun - as I'm allergic, people who talk too much, people ignoring me, really bad westerns, and people messing with my family/friends.
Positive adjectives to describe yourself: Creative, intelligent, thoughtful, spiritual, and loyal.
Negative adjectives to describe yourself: Critical, emotional, manipulative, and rude.
Hobbies & Interests: Writing short stories, novels, and fanfiction. Painting landscapes and drawing felines. Reading anything from religious history to urban fantasy. Taking naps. Babbling nonstop about anything that is on my mind, regardless of whether those around me want to hear it or not.
Optional Pictures- URL, thumbnail, or description: Forgive some of the fuzziness, my camera is not kind to shaky hands.
me #1
me #2
a comparison pic of me in 2007 to 2010

Favorites

Color: Brown & green.
Movie: Serenity, X2: X-Men United, Rent.
Music: Godsmack, Nightwish, Christian Kane, My Chemical Romance, Static-X.
Novel: The Book of Night with Moon by Diane Duane, Harry Potter series, Anita Blake series, Midnight Never Come by Marie Brennan, Hannibal Lector series.
Animal: Hyena! Closely followed by domestic cat and the wolf.
Fragrance/Scent: Oklahoma air just after a heavy rainfall, or anything citrus.
Quotation/Lyric: So before you come in here with some kinda attitude / You better read the house rules. from Christian Kane's The House Rules.

This or That

Optimistic or Pessimistic: Pessimistic.
Realist or Idealist: Idealist.
Light or Dark: Dark.
Introverted or Extroverted: Introverted. I have a strict "I'll only talk to you if I like you." philosophy.
Calm or Chaos: Chaos.
Intuition or Logic: Intuition. I try to follow logic, but usually realize I went with my intuition at the last minute.

Personal

Hopes, dreams, wishes for the present and future:
My biggest dream is to get a book published. Aside from that, I want to go back to school and get a Bachelor's degree, though I'm not entirely certain in what yet. Right now I'm thinking about going into History, with a Secondary Education Liscensure. I'd also like to get a job that pays descent.

What is your ultimate dream to achieve?:
To be a published author or to own a small bookstore. I'd prefer the author gig, but the idea of owning my own bookstore is pretty epic all by itself.

What is the greatest lesson you have learned?:
Sometimes you have to take leaps and bounds that don't seem logically sound, leaving you to suffer those consequences later but with the satisfaction that you still did the right thing.

Something you admire/love/respect:
The ability to be comfortable in your own skin.

Something you detest greatly:
Idiocy. I have no patience for it and, I'll admit, I'm a pretty big elitist when it comes to who I think is being stupid at any given time. What can I say? It's possibly a flaw of mine, but I don't care enough to change it.

If you could have one "supernatural" power, what would it be?:
Shape-shifting.

Where do you feel most at home?:
Outside, underneath the Willow tree in our back yard.

Do you have any creative talents?:
Writing and I must be pretty good at the art thing, since I did get accepted into art school-though I had to drop out due to finances.

Where is your favourite place to be, and why?
I have two. The first is this really huge used bookstore downtown, because I can get lost in the stacks and feel like I'll never be found. The second is the computer room, in front of my trusty computer, because I often feel like everything I do is connected to it so being near that makes my activities seem more real. Which is kind of weird, but whatever.

Et cetera
If you are reapplying, do you want to be voted for your original stamp?:
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Four applications that you have voted on:
01. 02. 03. 04.

Tags: stamped - regular - lightning
Subscribe

• Once again of nature.

Switched journals from elevarse where I was stamped as Mountain. I'm actually quite satisfied with the result, but it was pretty well…

• Of Nature

Basics Name:Renee, but most of my friends call me Rini Age:17 Location:Southern Mississippi Likes:Writing, candy/sweets, anime/manga,…

• of nature

Basics Name:Tricia Age:20's Location: America Likes: love, movies,music,history Dislikes: backstabbers,abusers,users Positive…

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 13 comments

• Once again of nature.

Switched journals from elevarse where I was stamped as Mountain. I'm actually quite satisfied with the result, but it was pretty well…

• Of Nature

Basics Name:Renee, but most of my friends call me Rini Age:17 Location:Southern Mississippi Likes:Writing, candy/sweets, anime/manga,…

• of nature

Basics Name:Tricia Age:20's Location: America Likes: love, movies,music,history Dislikes: backstabbers,abusers,users Positive…