Alex(andra) (allinye) wrote in elementals_,
Alex(andra)
allinye
elementals_

Of Nature

Basics
Name: Alexandra // Alex
Likes: animals, nature, art, books, movies, forests, deserts, the sun, warm weather, anime/cartoons, Disney, fanfiction, coffee, my country, my family, coffee, Asian food, eastern European food.
Dislikes: animal abusers, pollution, noise, elitists, greedy people, cold weather, socializing, large crowds, gender typing, indifference/apathy, alcohol, smoking, people who don’t respect others’ opinions, failure, frogs/toads, school, small talk.
Positive adjectives to describe yourself: unique, proud, ambitious, loyal, introverted, opinionated, quiet (unless provoked), moral, intelligent, generous, determined.
Negative adjectives to describe yourself: moody, quick-tempered, procrastinator (okay, that's actually a noun), proud, stubborn, guarded, distant, self-conscious, easily annoyed, obessesive over certain things.
Hobbies & Interests: biology/zoology, veterinary medicine, history (particularly ancient history), nature, art/art history, anime/cartoons, mythology/folklore, reading, writing, ghost stories, designing graphics in Photoshop, animal rights, environmentalism, traveling, spending time with my family, spending time by myself.
Pictures- URL, thumbnail, or description: I’m a short, skinny white girl standing at a mighty five feet even. I have shoulder length curly/wavy ash-brown hair with blonde highlights (not blonde-blonde though; it’s more like a caramel color). I’m not quite sure what my eye color is, which I know sounds strange. It just doesn’t come across as any definite color to me; I’ve been told that it’s blue, green, hazel, and grey. Personally, if I had to pick, I’d go with grey.

Favorites

Color: Blue
Movie: I have several: The Lion King, Beauty & the Beast, Back to the Future, Galaxy Quest, Bringing Up Baby, Gladiator, and Monty Python & the Holy Grail.
Music: Rock (specifically alternative rock, alternative-metal, grunge, post-grunge, hard rock) and Classical
Novel: Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Animal: It's tied between domestic cats, chihuahuas, and wolves
Fragrance/Scent: fresh apples
Quotation/Lyric: "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."

This or That

Optimistic or Pessimistic: In the middle. It depends on the subject and what mood I'm in at the moment.
Realist or Idealist: Idealist
Light or Dark: Again, I'm in the middle. I don't think of myself as a dark person, but I'm definitely not a ray of sunshine either.
Introverted or Extroverted: Introverted
Calm or Chaos: Calm (most of the time)
Intuition or Logic: Logic

Personal
Hopes, dreams, wishes for the present and future: My goal in life is to become a vet. I’m not yet sure what kind of vet I would like to be, but I still have plenty of time to figure that out. I’m interested in wild life, however I sometimes have the feeling that I can do more good by working in a practice. I also hope to make enough money so I can buy a house (a big, beautiful one) with a lot of land, which will allow me more room to rescue and take in unwanted animals. Furthermore, I want to travel. I want to see new places, visit historic monuments, and tour as many museums as I can. I love history, so I hold a great deal of appreciation for those sorts of things. Besides, the world is simply awesome, and I want to experience what it has to offer.
What is your ultimate dream to achieve?: I want to give back to the world and have my existence mean something. I don't want my life to be a waste without any true purpose. I just want to know that I'm doing something good and worthwhile.
What is the greatest lesson you have learned?: I'm not sure, honestly. I'm still so young, so I'm not exactly filled with wordly wisdom. Still, I have learned how to recognize my faults. It's difficult trying to fix them (I'm still working on some), but I realize how they have a negative impact on myself and others.
Something you admire/love/respect: My mom. I'm very close to close her, and I consider her to be my best friend.
Something you detest greatly: Animal abuse: the people who are guilty for it deserve much stronger punishments for such horrible cruelty. Humanity has such a self-centered view, and its constant belief that other animals are less significant beings makes me so mad.
If you could have one "supernatural" power, what would it be?: I really like the idea of controlling time, but I think I would prefer the ability to heal. It would help me protect those I care about. Also, I hate feeling helpless; I'd rather take control of healing others or myself than having someone else do it.
Where do you feel most at home?: As stupid as this is going to sound, the answer to that question is my actual home. I love staying at home, and I feel more comfortable there than anywhere else. But, concerning the outdoors, I suppose it would have to be the beach (but not those crowded, tourist-packed ones). I don't especially like the beach (though it can be nice), but, coming from Florida, it's a familiar environment.
Do you have any creative talents?: I'm pretty good at writing, and I also enjoy making graphics in Photoshop. Most of my journal consists of icons that I made.
Where is your favourite place to be, and why? As I said before, I really like relaxing at home. But, I also love to visit Disney on the weekends. My mom and I have seasonal passes, so we like to spend some time there together. Even if we only have lunch and walk around, I still feel content.

Tags: stamped - regular - sea
Subscribe

• of nature...

Basics Name: Alisa Age: 22 Location: London Likes: absurd comedy, classic rock, videogames, philosophy, films, theatre, chekhov, magic, all…

• Stamped//Water Bodies

BASICS Name: Penka Previously stamped as: Mountain, Jungle and Forest (Regular) Lilac (Flower Theme) Lapis Lazuli(Gemstone Thene) Gas Giant…

• The Hilarity of Nature [Stamped: Earth, restamp]

Sorry about the lack of LJ-cut everyone... sweetthumbelina, I think the "div class" in the app that contains the LJ-cut tag somehow…

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 7 comments